Sign in to follow this  
the_governor

Cool yourself by pouring water on your face from a water bottle!

Basically you are overheating, and you got a waterbottle, and you pour like half or more water on your head and face. Simple. No need to take off your clothes or roll around in little ponds. Cooling made easy!

So yeah, this simple little animation, action and ability would be awesome!

• Like 2

+1 to the idea. With exception of this:

No need to take off your clothes or roll around in little ponds. Cooling made easy!

The way dayz mechanic work, you have to get wet for you heat comfort to drop and your temperature slowly follow. Hence the only way this can work is if you use the bottle to soak up your cloth.

I think running around in wet clothes too long should have a negative impact (more weight, might get sick etc.). But you should definitely be able to cool off using water bottles or canteen - though less when wearing a winter jacket at moderate temperatures (as in 0.50) and more when wearing a T-Shirt or less when its really hot outside or you are running a lot.

Perhaps this mechanic could also be used for other liquids, enabling you to pour gasoline over yourself or other people...

Perhaps this mechanic could also be used for other liquids, enabling you to pour gasoline over yourself or other people...

And well, If you just happen to have a box of matches... Who knows, mabe you'll have a fire for the night. ;)

+1 to the idea. With exception of this:

The way dayz mechanic work, you have to get wet for you heat comfort to drop and your temperature slowly follow. Hence the only way this can work is if you use the bottle to soak up your cloth.

Thanks, didn't know that, I always took off my clothes thinking that it would accelerate cooling.