Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

The Large Tent has 252 Slots.

Where can I find them on exp?

Military?

Best luck would be the Myshkino military tents.

• Like 2

how many slots does it take up in your bag?

EDIT: and out of curiosity, how well does it place? like does it take a long time? and how much space does it take up on the ground?

Edited by Helix2000

O_O'

Must . . . Resist the urge . . . to  . . . make a crappy joke

• Like 3

O_O'

Must . . . Resist the urge . . . to  . . . make a crappy joke

Aahahah I think I got your joke.

Booo....give tiny easy to hide tents with like 30-50 slots. These seem pretty epic but when helis drop they gonna be pretty easy to spot. Id prefer something I can bury in thick pines making it hard even for copper pilots.....and when we gonna get stashes again like the mod, the were awesome :)

• Like 1

how many slots does it take up in your bag?

EDIT: and out of curiosity, how well does it place? like does it take a long time? and how much space does it take up on the ground?

LOL It takes up your backpack. :P Also, it's fucking enormous. 

Here is a Imgur picture album of the big military tent. These are NOT my pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/JQACy

• Like 1

Its a backpack It does not take up slots, its a pack itself. 

Found in Tent City @ NWAF.

This is the LARGE tent. There is also small and medium tents.

It places in approx. 5.6 seconds, and takes up roughly 8 sq. feet. (<--no I dont know.. Im just guessing. Weird questions though.. odd to me at least.) :P

Each rifle takes up between 18-21 slots.. meaning it can hold over 10 rifles inside of it, with extra space left over. 

The windows open and close as well as the doorway. This does not work currently. 

We had issues scrolling to the bottom of the tent. We could only place gear in the top 90 something slots, only 1 member had the option to scroll down on it (for some reason, not the person who pitched it either) so any gear placed in the bottom could only be moved by him.. so we did not really use it. 

Everything is basically persistent on the ground anyhow.. except gas containers and I think clothing set down alone on the ground will despawn. But guns stay through restarts, backpacks stay.. and the tent stays up no problem. Had it for almost a full day now, pitched and holding up camp for us. :)

Edited by lrish

Booo....give tiny easy to hide tents with like 30-50 slots. These seem pretty epic but when helis drop they gonna be pretty easy to spot. Id prefer something I can bury in thick pines making it hard even for copper pilots.....and when we gonna get stashes again like the mod, the were awesome :)

Even though I love the idea of these tents I'm not sure about the application of them. Tents are not the easiest things to hide. Even in the mod when we could place them almost exactly where we wanted that were still easy to find, mostly because of the stupid texture they used for them. Once you're about 100m from any tent, they'll stick out like a sore thumb so who's going to use them?

If they are so easily found, they'll be easily looted. I can't think of a use for a large tent, let alone a small one because I know it's going to get looted so why put my things in it? If they're so insecure, why put them in?

its a sad part of the story that it dosent come with ikea like errection instructions.

as for the case of beign found....

maybe 50 nets 70 burlaps and 80 wood make it look like a "shed of demise" ( the one with the stairs..you know it...YOU KNOW WICH ONE )

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Jesus... hopefully those will be loot economy regulated when that comes around.

But still, it's really cool for storage and whatnot.

Cool for other people, yes lol

If I ever stumble upon someones tent I would fill it all with fertilizer as I tend to stumble upon those all the time.

Again, this tent hides very well.

Our clan consistently could not find it, after being there several times, and standing 10m from it.

So that speaks volumes on how hard they are to see if placed well. 

The only reason to have a tent like this, is so that you can develop a camp.. which is where the game eventually takes you if you dont die, a car, a helicopter, a home base, clans to war against to keep your gear, etc.. It eventually becomes a very rich and deep world, dayz. But you have to develop the lifespans long enough to build and gather these things, and you have to be okay with the fact that in one day.. you may lose it all. 

I welcome all of the parts of the mods that are still missing. Id love to see a clan hunting camps in their biplane, calling out locations to their teammates on the ground driving atv's, V3S's, and riding bikes. The camp gets stripped of all gear, and the unusable vehicles and tents get blown up with 1 single satchel charge. Those were the days, and I welcome them again.. one day. :)

The best part of this game, even if you dont agree is options. If you take some away, or limit them too much.. then those that would enjoy gathering, and maintaining a helicopter or something else that requires a ton of effort wont be able to enjoy that part of the game like they should be able to. If you dont like tents, the nice part is the devs have already brought up several other options for you. Dont think that just because tents will be rare, or clan driven, or OP, or anything negative.. think of it as an option. Thats all it is. Its not like a player can carry a tents worth of gear on their back.. so if you're not near their camp its of no consequence to you how much gear they are hoarding. Eventually they die, the gear gets used, and lost. Circle of life. 

You all will see in time.. this whole thing will end up great. 

Its a backpack It does not take up slots, its a pack itself. 

Found in Tent City @ NWAF.

This is the LARGE tent. There is also small and medium tents.

It places in approx. 5.6 seconds, and takes up roughly 8 sq. feet. (<--no I dont know.. Im just guessing. Weird questions though.. odd to me at least.) :P

Each rifle takes up between 18-21 slots.. meaning it can hold over 10 rifles inside of it, with extra space left over. 

The windows open and close as well as the doorway. This does not work currently. 

We had issues scrolling to the bottom of the tent. We could only place gear in the top 90 something slots, only 1 member had the option to scroll down on it (for some reason, not the person who pitched it either) so any gear placed in the bottom could only be moved by him.. so we did not really use it. 

Everything is basically persistent on the ground anyhow.. except gas containers and I think clothing set down alone on the ground will despawn. But guns stay through restarts, backpacks stay.. and the tent stays up no problem. Had it for almost a full day now, pitched and holding up camp for us. :)

10 rifles with leftover space?!

That is enough to arm and supply a large group O_O

Even though I love the idea of these tents I'm not sure about the application of them. Tents are not the easiest things to hide. Even in the mod when we could place them almost exactly where we wanted that were still easy to find, mostly because of the stupid texture they used for them. Once you're about 100m from any tent, they'll stick out like a sore thumb so who's going to use them?

If they are so easily found, they'll be easily looted. I can't think of a use for a large tent, let alone a small one because I know it's going to get looted so why put my things in it? If they're so insecure, why put them in?

You can find "secure" spots, well spots that last a while lol. I had a couple of good ones in the mod that will be pretty usless now due to the new map flow. One was right by zelengorsk on the peak of the hill to the west with a little clearing....could land 2 helis in that clearing if needed, but my personal rule was one land sea and air veh so I wasn't hording them all.

That campsite lated months, on an average 25 pop server. Some nights we saw 60 players and even beng so close to zel never got found....until I landed there one night and some other 2 guys jumped me as I finished unloading. Got away and sniped one then his m8 left in there ural and I got what I could in heli, chose new spot nearby and ran back for my offroad and as much more loot as I could. Third trip back they had claimed the rest.

I found out later that they were making a camp at the bottom of the slope when they heard the heli approach and land lol, so they were within# about 3-400m pitching tents and dint know about my 3 and offroad:D That brought the end of that casmpsite on that server after a good 2....maybe 3 months.

Its never 100% safe but I wouldn't want it to be, the flood of emotion when you log in and see your campsite wiped from the face of the earth is strong for a response to a video game.  I love the little cycle of rage leading to frustration leading to single minded drive to find where they decided to make camp with all "your" gear :)

Edited by Karmaterror

You can find "secure" spots, well spots that last a while lol. I had a couple of good ones in the mod that will be pretty usless now due to the new map flow. One was right by zelengorsk on the peak of the hill to the west with a little clearing....could land 2 helis in that clearing if needed, but my personal rule was one land sea and air veh so I wasn't hording them all.

That campsite lated months, on an average 25 pop server. Some nights we saw 60 players and even beng so close to zel never got found....until I landed there one night and some other 2 guys jumped me as I finished unloading. Got away and sniped one then his m8 left in there ural and I got what I could in heli, chose new spot nearby and ran back for my offroad and as much more loot as I could. Third trip back they had claimed the rest.

I found out later that they were making a camp at the bottom of the slope when they heard the heli approach and land lol, so they were within# about 3-400m pitching tents and dint know about my 3 and offroad:D That brought the end of that casmpsite on that server after a good 2....maybe 3 months.

Its never 100% safe but I wouldn't want it to be, the flood of emotion when you log in and see your campsite wiped from the face of the earth is strong for a response to a video game.  I love the little cycle of rage leading to frustration leading to single minded drive to find where they decided to make camp with all "your" gear :)

The new map just exasperates the issue now, with very few places to make camps which is why we need stashes. My mate and I would often go wandering the map edge looking for camps and vehicles - we always found something and now the wilderness is pretty much gone, it's going to make it even easier.

That's not to say there aren't places, but with less places, it means more people will think to put their camp there as well.

If you look at a heat map of DayZ below....

Aua1UMv.jpg

That's the original DayZ map. As you can see, most of the area is traversed leaving little room for a tent. Hopefully the new rendering engine will help but probably now so now any man made objects will stand out for miles, especially for camp hunters who are experienced in finding them. What I would love are tents that at least blend into the background and we can place exactly where we want them (within Reason) but watching YT vids, it seems as though the tent will place itself.

In the Mod you could put tents in amongst trees but it looks as though that has gone. There may still be a few good spots and we'll see as the game develops. The simplest way to check your tent is to walk 100m away from it and zoom your view in - if you can see it, other people will and your loot will be taken. It's great for other people when they come across a tent stacked with goodies and they ransack it it 5 minutes whereas it took you 5 hours, or more, to fill it.

Having a camp is going to be an integral part of the game if you plan on playing all the features. You need somewhere to store your bows, arrows, spades, hoes, fishing rods, etc. The problem really being that  in real life, you would be "in game" 24/7 so it would be easier to protect your base but we have to log off at some point. The devs need to recognise that if tents are easily found, people will simply stop using them.

• Like 1

LOL It takes up your backpack. :P Also, it's fucking enormous. 

Here is a Imgur picture album of the big military tent. These are NOT my pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/JQACy

Looks like they spawn in the Officers' Tent. I wonder, do they always spawn there, or do they spawn inside all [static] military tents? If they only spawn in Officers' Tents, then that's only a few spots on the whole map to look!

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Officer%27s_Tent

what the crap? this thing is a small house

That's a good thing, in my opinion! It's the beginnings of us being able to build our own camps :)

I know that for me personally, it's more about being able to have my own "structure" wherever I want than it is about storing things. Hopefully they get that sorted out though, because it would be nice to stash some things there that I don't need all the time (i.e. fishing equipment).

That's the original DayZ map. As you can see, most of the area is traversed leaving little room for a tent.

I think you have well-founded concerns about the ability to hide one of these tents, but I feel that the expansion of the map's developed areas will shift focus away from even needing/wanting to hunt for tents in the first place. There will be groups who dedicate themselves to hunting for tents regardless of what the situation looks like down the road, so there's no use in losing sleep over that. For me, it's going to be all about putting it in an area that's not worth searching (I won't explain that any further).

• Like 1

The new map just exasperates the issue now, with very few places to make camps which is why we need stashes. My mate and I would often go wandering the map edge looking for camps and vehicles - we always found something and now the wilderness is pretty much gone, it's going to make it even easier.

That's not to say there aren't places, but with less places, it means more people will think to put their camp there as well.

If you look at a heat map of DayZ below....

Aua1UMv.jpg

That's the original DayZ map. As you can see, most of the area is traversed leaving little room for a tent. Hopefully the new rendering engine will help but probably now so now any man made objects will stand out for miles, especially for camp hunters who are experienced in finding them. What I would love are tents that at least blend into the background and we can place exactly where we want them (within Reason) but watching YT vids, it seems as though the tent will place itself.

In the Mod you could put tents in amongst trees but it looks as though that has gone. There may still be a few good spots and we'll see as the game develops. The simplest way to check your tent is to walk 100m away from it and zoom your view in - if you can see it, other people will and your loot will be taken. It's great for other people when they come across a tent stacked with goodies and they ransack it it 5 minutes whereas it took you 5 hours, or more, to fill it.

Having a camp is going to be an integral part of the game if you plan on playing all the features. You need somewhere to store your bows, arrows, spades, hoes, fishing rods, etc. The problem really being that  in real life, you would be "in game" 24/7 so it would be easier to protect your base but we have to log off at some point. The devs need to recognise that if tents are easily found, people will simply stop using them.

Yep alls about concealment, choosing the spot is everything. That heatmap from the mod? I usually just picked comewhere not near any mill spawns....haha fat chance of that in SA lol. Camping near the coast could become the new thing.

I disagree that people finding tents easily will make people stop using them though. Every time I got raided I tried to find a newer better spot. The advantages of having a well stcked camp are just too great to ignore. Besides stocking the camp is half the game to me lol

Im hoping we can move them around before placement like the system the mod employs now. The old way of it just pitching right in front of you was such a lottery. Im guessing tent placement kinda goes hand in hand with basebuildings object placement, so maybe wel see them flesh out thesystem a bit more then while they work on something similar.

Still.....give us that old A2 tent....ohhh and the "dome" variant that wasn't used in the mod, but IMO blends much better :)

We had a spot in the mods that was NEVER found.. it was literally like hiding in plain sight. 

NW of Myshkino. There is this odd plateau, that banks off to the west and dips in elevation as it does, while being surrounded on 3 sides by forest. It was in such an odd spot, that people always went around it somehow and even more surprising never flew over it. 

Im going back to that spot soon.. its still there and even better now. Has a deerstand right there now. :)