Sign in to follow this  
anddos

tyres popping device

So i was just playing experimental and heard a vs3 coming down the road while i was hiding in the bush, i was just thinking to my self it would be really cool to lay some spikes or something on the road and try to pop the tyres of the vs3 and stop the person, same idea as polce spikes

• Like 2

Yeah that would be fracking awesome.

Tracking a V3S back to It's base only to plan out an ambush, Collect a crew and lay the spike out to take the car's tyres out as my marksman snipes the driver

Then we just mop the blood up and replace the tyres and glass and take it for ourselves, If I only had the people to do it tho :-(

• Like 2

yes also is good way to stop car but DONT HURT NO PERSONS my frend was do same way in experimant server but he used grenad and 2 persons dead car was destroy i tell him is not clever way to stop the car but he was laugh and say 'was great explod or wat?' i agree is great explod but i was sad for pasenger

Edited by Shrub Rocketeer ™

I made a similar suggestion in June-13, I like the idea and I think it could offer a fun twist.

Simple Distraction Device

Mirror/Rope or Para Cord/Hunting Knife- Combine and scroll menu item while next to windows or trees so they swing while reflecting light attracting sniper/players.

Spike Strip

Wood/Tool Box/Nails- Combine and scroll menu while over a road to lay down homemade spike strip to flatten car tires.

Antibiotics (penicillin)

Canteen/Moldy Orange/Hunting knife/"Common Ingredients"- Labeled "common ingredients" when looted from stores but in the inventory it can list items used in the (media) for logistics. Combine with water and store in tent to create.

AED (Automated External Defibrillator)

DC Wire/Pads/Battery- Can replace epi pen for 2-5 revives based on (x) % of failure.

Improvised Tourniquet

Stick (Creates Two Parts)/Shirt (Creates Two Parts)- Combine to make two IT's.

Crystal Radio

Plastic Bottle/Hunting Knife/Nails/Wire/Battery/Germanium Diode/Broken Phone/Tape- Combine to make radio.

Improvised Body Armor

Hunting Knife/Woven Roving/Polyester Resin/Wood/Rope- Combine to make improvised body armor

So i was just playing experimental and heard a vs3 coming down the road while i was hiding in the bush, i was just thinking to my self it would be really cool to lay some spikes or something on the road and try to pop the tyres of the vs3 and stop the person, same idea as polce spikes

+1 sounds like a great idea and an exciting gameplay opportunity, however, I must caution that those traps will be as effective as claymores i.e. most drivers will never see it coming. Hence if this trap would be craft-able or in anyway common, it could be easily abused i.e. trolls could use the plentiful useless junk to booby trap all roads, as result all vehicles will be used as land rovers (with Dayz physics\Vehicles as we seen todate its viable) which will dampen the mood for me.

Man....why did I read that as "tyre pooping device"...I had visions of a really apocalyptic toilet made from tyres over a long drop or something lol

But yeah this is a great idea, ifwe get tank trap kits as a little tribute to the mod then we could build up some nice roadblocks.

Don't forget though....if these things are anything like the arma 2 vehicles tyres can be shot out with a couple rounds, if its coming strait at you then a few right at the radiator, about 10-15 small arms (AK) fire will have it smoking. Fire will follow shorty after, then boom :)