therandomredstone

Help With Experimental Servers?

So I want to join and mess around on an Experimental Server, because its a different branch, and id just use that "spare character" to mess around and stuff. But when I try to join experimental servers, it says "Bad Version, Server Rejected Connection." What do I do? And anyone else who runs along this problem.

So I want to join and mess around on an Experimental Server, because its a different branch, and id just use that "spare character" to mess around and stuff. But when I try to join experimental servers, it says "Bad Version, Server Rejected Connection." What do I do? And anyone else who runs along this problem.

Did you download the experimental?

Did you download the experimental?

I just watched a video on that. No I haven't, I will, but I want to make sure of something; If I download experimental, play on it, yada yada yada, then want to play stable servers, will I keep my un experimental characters? I don't want to switch to experimental, play that, then switch back and have my characters deleted. Can you help me out with this, Caboose187?

I just watched a video on that. No I haven't, I will, but I want to make sure of something; If I download experimental, play on it, yada yada yada, then want to play stable servers, will I keep my un experimental characters? I don't want to switch to experimental, play that, then switch back and have my characters deleted. Can you help me out with this, Caboose187?

The branches are separate.  You keep both characters.  The only crappy thing is you have to download each time you want to twitch from stable to experimental and back again.

The branches are separate.  You keep both characters.  The only crappy thing is you have to download each time you want to twitch from stable to experimental and back again.

ahh.. Ok thanks! I'm downloading experimental right now!

ahh.. Ok thanks! I'm downloading experimental right now!

Awesome, be warned, it is an unstable branch and is prone to crashes and all sorts of other shenanigans but for the most part it's been pretty good,

Awesome, be warned, it is an unstable branch and is prone to crashes and all sorts of other shenanigans but for the most part it's been pretty good,

That's why its called "experiential", my friend. But unlike a lot of people, the first reason I bought this alpha version was to help fix it. When I come across a "crash" or "glitchy zombies" I feel a sense of achievment, not frustration like everyone else. It's a very lucky mind set I have.

Edited by therandomredstone
  • Like 1

I've always wondered about something. If I download experimental, then do a steam backup, then download the stable, can't I just reinstall from the backup without having to redownload every time?