dofazi

Netting and ghillie crafting

Hi, as the title suggests, i have a question.

Is the "netting" item deleted from experimental right now ? Because I've been searching for it literally 5 hours straight, driving around in my V3S, stopping in every city form North to south looting every shed and civillian building, currently i've got 10 burlap sacks which i shredded into burlap strips, but can't find any netting. Can anyone confirm if it has been deleted or am i just extremely unlucky ?

Edited by dofazi

It spawns around wooden boats (all over the coast)

• Like 2

Man you are a saint, thank you

Dang it, now you just made more bush monsters. :(

• Like 3

Why would you go on an experimental version?

To have fun without the fear of dying and losing all of your stuff, and to help the development with the 0.51 patch and be the contributing person to this game that you agreed to be when you said "I agree" when you bought this game. That's why.

• Like 10

To have fun without the fear of dying and losing all of your stuff, and to help the development with the 0.51 patch and be the contributing person to this game that you agreed to be when you said "I agree" when you bought this game. That's why.

Thanks

wish you didn't have to over install to test exp, i so wanted to be a test tree this time. didnt wanna download and swap over and over (to test then to play with friends)

wish you didn't have to over install to test exp, i so wanted to be a test tree this time. didnt wanna download and swap over and over (to test then to play with friends)

It's not that tough.  It's actually just a mild "update".  Turn beta on, it updates to latest experimental, turn beta off, it reverts to latest version.

could anyone send a picture of that boat? tried a lot, found nothing

Is it the only place we could find it?

Berezhki. Found a lot of fishing loot there in experimental. Not sure if boats spawn items in stable (was in Kamyshovo and found no loot on them).

You can do this on stable as well. Depends on what you want to do as stable features longer character development more reasonable game elements and better performance. Experimental gives you a more exaggerated environment, relatively short character development and unstable performance.

Feedback on both versions is vital. Experimental is more for initial testing, stable more for longterm testing.

Okay well I guess there are no loots on the stable then, didn't find anything on five boats, maybe I'm just not being lucky

Okay well I guess there are no loots on the stable then, didn't find anything on five boats, maybe I'm just not being lucky

I've checked probably a hundred boats and absolutely no loot. I have seen no convincing evidence indicating otherwise.

well what's the point in adding ghillie crafting if you can't craft it :/

weird

well what's the point in adding ghillie crafting if you can't craft it :/

weird

Oh I don't know?  Maybe because not everyone is suppose to be running around as a walking bush  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Just found a right answer:

they have really low chance (about 6 nettings over 6 restarts)

(what makes ghillie super super hyper mega rare! good luck making yours guys ;) )

Edited by Spaggiari

Hopefully there are significant downsides to being a Bush-wookie, which, IMHO, is an utterly pants-on-head stupid way of playing a survival game.

Maybe, if you lie on the ground for any signifigant length of time, you get cold due to the ground sapping body heat from your body? Realistic and fair. 

Want to avoid that? Place an insulator in the form of a (bright blue) tarp beneath you, or simply move from spot to spot and avoid lying on the ground too long....

Hopefully there are significant downsides to being a Bush-wookie, which, IMHO, is an utterly pants-on-head stupid way of playing a survival game.

Maybe, if you lie on the ground for any signifigant length of time, you get cold due to the ground sapping body heat from your body? Realistic and fair. 

Want to avoid that? Place an insulator in the form of a (bright blue) tarp beneath you, or simply move from spot to spot and avoid lying on the ground too long....

But you shouldn't hinder someone's playstyle.........  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Not being able to have a backpack and a ghillie suit is a fairly significant downside.

Edit: You'd also hope that when it is wet a ghillie suit is a considerable hindrance. Not implemented yet, I appreciate, but perhaps in later builds.

Edited by ricp

6 nettings over 6 restarts??? That's actually ridiculous IMO :/

Do you have a source for that?