Sign in to follow this  
agouti

Aksu-74 should spawn at BMP

Title pretty much says it all. Tankers and the like should be using carbines, with mags, not full size "battle... W/e the sks is". Tanker helmets should also spawn there.

• Like 5

Hmm...I can get behind this. For the most part, I don't think automatic rifles should spawn outside of military bases...but I do think that rare exceptions should exist. LAVs are somewhat rare, so a rare AK drop on them seems reasonable. I also think that Humvees should have a very very low chance at spawning an M4, too.

• Like 1

SKS is just a semi-auto rifle, no real classification beyond that (I guess you could call it an "assault rifle" just as the M1 Carbine is sometimes, but nonetheless)

However, yeah, BMPs and military wreckages should probably spawn their own loot; AKS-74Us and AK-74s, tanker helmets, grenades, ammunition, and other general military loot like binoculars or uniforms.

• Like 1

SKS is just a semi-auto rifle, no real classification beyond that (I guess you could call it an "assault rifle" just as the M1 Carbine is sometimes, but nonetheless)

However, yeah, BMPs and military wreckages should probably spawn their own loot; AKS-74Us and AK-74s, tanker helmets, grenades, ammunition, and other general military loot like binoculars or uniforms.

An assault rifle needs to selective fire, and a battle rifle fires a full size rifle cartidge. The Sks is its own crazy thing. I think we should create a new category called battle carbine to which we add all intermediate cartridge non select fire rifles. Population sks, m1 carbine, mini 14/30, and all military pattern autoloaders.

I should note as a biologist, everything must be systematized.

• Like 1

An assault rifle needs to selective fire, and a battle rifle fires a full size rifle cartidge. The Sks is its own crazy thing. I think we should create a new category called battle carbine to which we add all intermediate cartridge non select fire rifles. Population sks, m1 carbine, mini 14/30, and all military pattern autoloaders.

I should note as a biologist, everything must be systematized.

Typically the SKS and M1 Carbine, as well as guns like the Mini-14 are thrown under the assault rifle category simply because they have variants that are assault rifles (Type 63, M2 Carbine, AC-556, etc.) Otherwise they're just semi-automatic autoloaders.

Granted, I do agree that there should be better specialized classification. In fact, some sort of binomial nomenclature for firearms would be useful, per say (and this is a rough basis)

• Domain - Weapons
  • Kingdoms - Gunpowder-based weapons
  • Phylums - Barrel bore (smooth or rifled)
  • Classes - Size/intended purpose of firearm (i.e. handgun. long gun, cannon, or whatnot)
  • Orders - Action of the firearm, I.E. lever-based, pump-based, bolt-based, autoloading, or whatnot
  • Families - Guns built on similar systems, ala AK-47, AKM, AK-74, and AK-105
  • Genuses - Variants of the same gun, ala AKM and AKMS
  • Species - Specific weapon, AKM
  • Like 1

Typically the SKS and M1 Carbine, as well as guns like the Mini-14 are thrown under the assault rifle category simply because they have variants that are assault rifles (Type 63, M2 Carbine, AC-556, etc.) Otherwise they're just semi-automatic autoloaders.

Granted, I do agree that there should be better specialized classification. In fact, some sort of binomial nomenclature for firearms would be useful, per say (and this is a rough basis)

• Domain - Weapons
  • Kingdoms - Gunpowder-based weapons
  • Phylums - Barrel bore (smooth or rifled)
  • Classes - Size/intended purpose of firearm (i.e. handgun. long gun, cannon, or whatnot)
  • Orders - Action of the firearm, I.E. lever-based, pump-based, bolt-based, autoloading, or whatnot
  • Families - Guns built on similar systems, ala AK-47, AKM, AK-74, and AK-105
  • Genuses - Variants of the same gun, ala AKM and AKMS
  • Species - Specific weapon, AKM

My boxers just became polka-dotted.  

Title pretty much says it all. Tankers and the like should be using carbines, with mags, not full size "battle... W/e the sks is". Tanker helmets should also spawn there.

This is a good idea. In Afghanistan legend has it that locals with AKS-74us recovered one from an encounter with Russian Special Forces, or defeated a armored fighting vehicle/helicopter crew and earned a degree of respect among their peers. The SKS needs to be deleted entirely from the military spawn table all together.

BMP wrecks would need to be moved around the map then, theres 2 at NEAF and the more civilian that place is the better.

BMP wrecks would need to be moved around the map then, theres 2 at NEAF and the more civilian that place is the better.

Wrecks in general need to be random. So every server run is unique. I would love to see more interaction with wrecks too. People should be able to crawl into and hide in T-72,BMP and BRDM husks to avoid other players, set up ambushes or scavenge for supplies.