threedogification

Add a river to the map

In most games, there are at least one or two large rivers running through the map.

I say that the devs take a month or two and add in a large river running north to south, coming out maybe next to balota. We could use this river to catch food, hydrate ourselves, and we could use it as a guide to the north. Maybe we could navigate it later when boats are implimented

• Like 7

I was thinking the same thing this past weekend it would be nice and if they add boats in one day it would be even cooler to have some rivers 

+1

Rivers would be great. Esp in all those unpopulated areas with no pounds around.

Definitely a good idea. Perhaps one big river and a few smaller ones branching off from it. That would certainly lend more use to boats if they are added, since otherwise they would be exclusively a coastal transport.

Eh, old suggestion going back to the mod dayz....

There were many reasons why a river wasn't added and probably wouldn't be added.

Maybe this is more likely with the new renderer but I doubt it.

I am for the addition of a river though.

I still think that adding the landmass from the ACR A2 dlc would do this brilliantly, not only produce a river (as the terrain is IRL) but also a new landmass to explore :)

I still think that adding the landmass from the ACR A2 dlc would do this brilliantly, not only produce a river (as the terrain is IRL) but also a new landmass to explore :)

But then you lose Skalisty Island and make boats rather pointless for the most part. They'd also have to re-design a lot of the port cities in order to make them accommodate the river better, including possibly removing the Rify shipwreck (What would freighters be doing that far inland?)

And, of course, they'd need to design an entire well utilized land mass on the other side, which would take an immense amount of time; rendering the map essentially no longer Chernarus.

Which means that the best bet the devs have would be to simply start a brand new map if they wanted to do changes that significant.

But then you lose Skalisty Island and make boats rather pointless for the most part. They'd also have to re-design a lot of the port cities in order to make them accommodate the river better, including possibly removing the Rify shipwreck (What would freighters be doing that far inland?)

And, of course, they'd need to design an entire well utilized land mass on the other side, which would take an immense amount of time; rendering the map essentially no longer Chernarus.

Which means that the best bet the devs have would be to simply start a brand new map if they wanted to do changes that significant.

Does anyone even go to Skalisty?  As far as I know it's just been wasted space

Does anyone even go to Skalisty?  As far as I know it's just been wasted space

No, but it's a part of Chernarus that is dear to my heart, and many other players'. Plus, it's a great place to put tents, since really no one ever does go there.

Either way, it'd be more significant and lore-friendly if they simply added other islands off the coast, and made a new completely inland map, possibly where players start on either side of a larger river, that may even break off into further tributaries and separate the map into many different sections.

No, but it's a part of Chernarus that is dear to my heart, and many other players'. Plus, it's a great place to put tents, since really no one ever does go there.

Either way, it'd be more significant and lore-friendly if they simply added other islands off the coast, and made a new completely inland map, possibly where players start on either side of a larger river, that may even break off into further tributaries and separate the map into many different sections.

Totally agree.  It's just sad to see the resources they wasted on making that island and it's been useless for months.....

Still a lot less work than an entire new map IMO, slight rework of the coast....maybe widen the river on the corner o keep the little island. The rest of the map more than couple hundred metres from the coast would be unchanged. Sure no more ship, maybe if just one coastline was turned into a river the ship could reside on the other coast.

I do like having the sea there and its a very different feel wandering round in the ACR cutouts. But I feel for all the changes going on in the rest of the map, the coast will be pretty much unchanged form the mod :)

Still a lot less work than an entire new map IMO, slight rework of the coast....maybe widen the river on the corner o keep the little island. The rest of the map more than couple hundred metres from the coast would be unchanged. Sure no more ship, maybe if just one coastline was turned into a river the ship could reside on the other coast.

I do like having the sea there and its a very different feel wandering round in the ACR cutouts. But I feel for all the changes going on in the rest of the map, the coast will be pretty much unchanged form the mod :)

It'd definitely take less work to expand on Chernarus... I just feel that you lose the "feel" of the map of you make it inland, the coast has always been a big part of the map and changing it to a river would degrade that sentiment. It'd still be cool, but I'd still rather them do a new map if they want something that drastically different.

Not that it matters; they're still working on adding to and improving inland Chernarus, so anything that will change is pretty far down the road from here.

A river would be awesome but I think it should start behind berezino and go inland from there so it doesn't affect gameplay too much

There are a few places around the map where there are streams and such, but noving you have to swim through. Besides, the "streams" were more like long thin ponds.

Hey @DayzDayzFanboy
Where is there a river in Chernarus like the great river in Livonia? There is not. Or does that big river on the map of Chernarus appear at some season of the year?
Thank you so much for participating in this suggestion post.

8 hours ago, John Maynard said:

Hey @DayzDayzFanboy
Where is there a river in Chernarus like the great river in Livonia? There is not. Or does that big river on the map of Chernarus appear at some season of the year?
Thank you so much for participating in this suggestion post.

There's is a river running north to South on the west. There's a big dam on it. Its not as wide as the river on livonia but its still a river 🤷