Loopest

Optimization should be the #1 Priority, not 7 different AKs.

Look, I've played my fair share of early access titles that are poorly optimized. But the thing with those games is, is that optimization happens as soon as it should happens.

I have had over 600 hours on DayZ, and I love the core gameplay and the game itself.

What really bothers me is that I can hardly run DayZ on lowest settings @ 25 FPS with my new 270X.

All I want is to be able to play this great game above 25 frames.

Instead of adding 7 different AKs, please optimize the game.

Now, I hope the mods don't see this as a rant. All I want is for hopefully the game to be playable.

Thanks for reading

I might be wrong on this but from what i know is that thier plan is to add all the content and the optimize and polish it after but again i might be wrong

• Like 1

Just a little heads up, different people work on different things, people have different expertise's. You can't expect the guy who makes the models to work on server performance, it's like asking a 3 year old to paint the Mona Lisa, it isn't going to work. Instead of complaining about new features they add, look some stuff up about how the development of a game works :)

"EVERYONE! DROP ALL OTHER WORK UNTIL WE FIX THIS ONE SPECIFIC ISSUE! EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO SKILL IN CODING, SCRIPTING, PROGRAMMING OR BUG FIXING, TRY AND FIND A SOLUTION"

AKs come from the art team, who rarely ever actually do any coding themselves. They're responsible for new models, textures, and other art-related implementations. Afterwards they go to animations, who are responsible for animating the artwork put into the game. Then finally they go to programming who finalize implementation before they're sent off to QA to be added to the public/experimental versions to be added.

Pretty much everyone involved has nothing to do with optimizing the game.

By the way, most of the lag in DayZ doesn't necessarily come from optimization but simply because of the server you're playing on. If you join one that's closer to you and has less ping, you'll see performance go up pretty far. Actual clientside optimization is pretty good at this stage, despite how much work needs be done. (BIS games are notoriously bad for this across the board, and it's really serverside every time)

• Like 2

Thank you so much. I have had to edit the game's CFG files and the game's launch parameters in order to get this game to run on Low and Medium settings, which messed the game up, "Session Lost". They should fix how demanding it is, seriously.

A game companies obligation is not to get their game to run on potatoes.  And to the OP, I have a 270X as well and I run the game on high to very high setting with post processing, AA on, AToC on all trees + grass and ambient occlusion on. 30 fps in cities and up to 80 fps in the open.  Either you've slapped your card into a toaster or your whole system is poorly configured.

Also optimization is not an Alpha priority.

Edited by Caboose187

oh my this again...kid brags about his 500 or so wasted hours in dayz, he then feel that he know something about developing dayz...

enjoy this instead

Why would they spend time optimizing and polishing when they should be adding all the features THEN polishing and debugging, just like every other game ever.

To all you who are calling me a 'kid' and complain about how I 'don't know how game development works', do me a favor: Get your facts straight before you make assumptions and jump to conclusions. I have had over 20 years playing games. I know how this works.

All I want is to see this game optimized.

To all you who are calling me a 'kid' and complain about how I 'don't know how game development works', do me a favor: Get your facts straight before you make assumptions and jump to conclusions. I have had over 20 years playing games. I know how this works.

All I want is to see this game optimized.

Then don't say "optimization should be the #1 Priority, not 7 different AKs.", because it makes you seem as if you believe adding new content to the game is somehow getting in the way of optimization.

And playing games for 20 years means nothing... especially on the development side.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

They will not waste their time on optimizing the game until they at least have the new renderer in.

Why waste those man hours on something that is going to change anyway? Complete waste of time/money.

If people who claim they "know how things work" and have "600 hrs" in this Alpha then they should be savvy enough to know what's going on in the development as well.

Apparently not...

I'm impressed, over 20 years of gaming with over 20 years of not understanding how development works.   <_<

I have had over 600 hours on DayZ, ...

yeah i'v fallen asleep to while logged into dayz too. clocks up them hours

but they cant optomiseas, its all in dev (open code system so they can adapt it), some parts not even coded and ruining as game scripts. best thing to do it send message to tech support with your card type and problems, so they can look into it

Edited by Sooden