threedogification

In-depth clothing idea

In the real world, if you're wearing a jacket or long sleeve shirt and you feel hot, you'll roll up the sleeves or unzip/unbutton it, right? Why can't we do that it dayz? If I have my TTsKO jacket and I start sweating, my char shouldn't have to suffer the heat and pain, I should be able to roll up the sleeves and unbutton it to cool off some.

It wouldn't require a complete rework of the clothing, maybe just a right click inventory menu to roll the sleeves up. It also wouldn't take much to add rolled sleeves into the game, they would only have to cut the render off at the elbow and add in a rolled render.

Hello there

Dont forget that also every item has 3 distinct states and textures to match, its not impossible but not "easy"

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Hello there

Dont forget that also every item has 3 distinct states and textures to match, its not impossible but not "easy"

Rgds

LoK

Thanks for a speedy response. This would be an over time addition to be worked on, definitely not a priority.

Cheers

• Like 1

Would be also good to be able to put the plastic raincoat over your other clothing as in real life

you'd show up as wearing only the plastic raincoat but the other gear would be invisible underneath (hmmm .. press vest for instance).

Need to rework a part of the inventory screen to do this, but no visible in-game changes.

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Would be also good to be able to put the plastic raincoat over your other clothing as in real life

you'd show up as wearing only the plastic raincoat but the other gear would be invisible underneath (hmmm .. press vest for instance).

Need to rework a part of the inventory screen to do this, but no visible in-game changes.

I remember Rocket saying that they decided against multiple layers of clothing (shirt under coat etc) because there would be no way of visually identifying what was on underneath, its a shame because it would really deepen the clothing mechanics (especially now with temperature)  

• Like 1

Depends on how you define "easy" - all necessary mechanics are already implemented so it just boils down to "ordinary work".

Would require a plastic raincoat in the first place as the one we got in game is the type you want to wear instead of a jacket. The plastic raincoat could either get is separate slot or replace a vest - in both cases it should probably offer both advantages (keeping you dry) and disadvantages (in heat, stealth, inventory access etc.)

• Like 1

Depends on how you define "easy" - all necessary mechanics are already implemented so it just boils down to "ordinary work".

Would require a plastic raincoat in the first place as the one we got in game is the type you want to wear instead of a jacket. The plastic raincoat could either get is separate slot or replace a vest - in both cases it should probably offer both advantages (keeping you dry) and disadvantages (in heat, stealth, inventory access etc.)

Not really, youd still have to implement a fourth state to differentiate between rolled up and down and also carry over damage etc.

Also, everything is just ordinary work. Painting the Forth Bridge is just ordinary work

L

• Like 1

..//..

well.. in theory.. but I do a lot of road cycling and also wandering around in mountains (I live in them, so its a usual thing for me to do) and I can promise you - in real life you can put a medium length plastic raincoat over anything  including your backpack and whatever else you're wearing. The example in the game now has a hood, so you could IRL definitely use it as a cape, covering your head and hanging over your shoulders. I have done this many times. This will keep you dry without even putting your arms into it unless you're caught in an absolute brutal storm, then you put your arms in it and the backpack has to stay outside. After all, this is a raincoat, and so its made to go over your normal day gear, it has room, it's not one of those skin-tight plastic things the girls wear in machine shop pin-ups;  I think ? (... is it?)

The other thing is, a plastic raincoat rolled-up does not take up a lot of space, unlike any military or civilian coat or jacket. Also from experience.

For the rest, I agree with you. The point is to put it over what you are already wearing, so you do not swap it for your vest, camo gear, jacket.. you keep those on underneath. So needs some sort of extra clothing slot in the inventory window, or the existing slot with an inset.

Edited by pilgrim

With all the work it would take, it's probably better at the moment for them to be putting work into vehicles, weapons, food, crafting, zombies, the environment, survivalism, base building, and even when they've done all that I personally would rather see them spend all their time optimising and bugfixing than this. They've spent enough time on clothing options already.

Shouldn't taking off the jacket and putting it in your backpack solve the problem?

Shouldn't taking off the jacket and putting it in your backpack solve the problem?

Can't when you have a shotgun, an mp5, a machete, and a billion rounds of ammo...... did I miss anything?

Can't when you have a shotgun, an mp5, a machete, and a billion rounds of ammo...... did I miss anything?

Yeah, okay, good point.