Sign in to follow this  
Rags!

Add 7.62 x 39mm Rounds to Residential Areas

7lI4drH.png?1

I think that these rounds should be added into the residential area loot spawns. Two of the three rifles in the game that utilize this ammunition are residential weapons, the SKS and the never used and often forgotten CZ 527. 

Currently, the only places to find 7.62 x 39mm ammunition is at military bases, lucky jeep spawns, LAVs...and maybe one or two other places. This ammunition is extremely hard to find for players who do not like to frequent military installations haphazardly. I've thought it was odd that this ammunition didn't spawn in houses like 12g shells, 7.62 x 51mm rounds, .380 rounds, or .22 rounds

Both the Carbine and the SKS are residential weapons, so it only makes sense to me that their ammunition would spawn in similar areas. It's rare that I see players with the SKS, for instance, even though the rifle is not uncommon at all. The rounds for it are simply not easy to get your hands on. That shouldn't be the case. I'm certainly not a proponent for the liberal spawning of ammunition all over the place, but the inclusion of these rounds only seems intuitive. 

The 7.62 x 39mm rounds, yes, are used for the military grade AKM, but I think that if players go out of their way to find an AKM then they will have more of a problem finding a magazine than the actual ammunition, especially since magazines spawn into the game fully loaded with bullets. The only thing that taking these rounds out of residential areas does is encourage people to not use the SKS or the CZ 527, which historically has never been used by another player ever a single time. 

Perhaps the rounds would only spawn in loose piles of, say, 1-20 rounds each. That would at least give players the ability to use two of the weapons in the game that spawn in residential areas more. Right now it's so much easier to find Mosin Nagants and rounds for it that the Carbine and SKS are hardly ever touched. 

Residential ammunition should be located in the same areas with residential weapons.

• Like 1

Good idea.... though I'm currently packing about 260 rounds... but thats more to do with me collecting over a long time and hardly making a shot.

PLease do this. If you dont do this the CR 527 carbine is useless more than it already is. Plus 7.62x39mm is used in more than just military weapons so we need to embrace it. Same thing with 9mm Parabellum.

This would be nice, considering I've found two SKSs at one time, one time.

Historically, Russia helped the US in WWII, and you'd think there'd be some Russian Veterans living in Chernarus still keeping the ammo that was used in WWII as memories. 

Edited by Cheeseburger8

I agree with this idea wholeheartedly, and I've always thought it was odd that you didn't find it in residential areas to begin with.

7lI4drH.png?1

I think that these rounds should be added into the residential area loot spawns. Two of the three rifles in the game that utilize this ammunition are residential weapons, the SKS and the never used and often forgotten CZ 527. 

Currently, the only places to find 7.62 x 39mm ammunition is at military bases, lucky jeep spawns, LAVs...and maybe one or two other places. This ammunition is extremely hard to find for players who do not like to frequent military installations haphazardly. I've thought it was odd that this ammunition didn't spawn in houses like 12g shells, 7.62 x 51mm rounds, .380 rounds, or .22 rounds

Both the Carbine and the SKS are residential weapons, so it only makes sense to me that their ammunition would spawn in similar areas. It's rare that I see players with the SKS, for instance, even though the rifle is not uncommon at all. The rounds for it are simply not easy to get your hands on. That shouldn't be the case. I'm certainly not a proponent for the liberal spawning of ammunition all over the place, but the inclusion of these rounds only seems intuitive. 

The 7.62 x 39mm rounds, yes, are used for the military grade AKM, but I think that if players go out of their way to find an AKM then they will have more of a problem finding a magazine than the actual ammunition, especially since magazines spawn into the game fully loaded with bullets. The only thing that taking these rounds out of residential areas does is encourage people to not use the SKS or the CZ 527, which historically has never been used by another player ever a single time. 

Perhaps the rounds would only spawn in loose piles of, say, 1-20 rounds each. That would at least give players the ability to use two of the weapons in the game that spawn in residential areas more. Right now it's so much easier to find Mosin Nagants and rounds for it that the Carbine and SKS are hardly ever touched. 

Residential ammunition should be located in the same areas with residential weapons.

I agree that it is bit weird for some weapons to spawn in some locations while those locations never spawn the ammo for the gun and vice versa. For example the FNX mags, they still spawn in the firestations but since the addition of helicrash sites I haven't seen any FNXs spawning anywhere else than the helicrash sites.

Also the amount of SKS rifles in general is way too many. It is the only gun that you know you are going to find if you know where to look. For example, every BMP and BDRM wreck spawns atleast one, some times two, of them. And even though 7,62x39 innitially might seem very rare now that they have been removed from res areas, all you need to do is go to the tent base in NWAF and you'll easily find several boxes of that ammo.

Perhaps it should ONLY be found in civilian areas, not military bases. In ARMA2 the AKM was used by the Chedaki and guerillas, CDF used AK-74s instead.

• Like 1

Perhaps it should ONLY be found in civilian areas, not military bases. In ARMA2 the AKM was used by the Chedaki and guerillas, CDF used AK-74s instead.

The CDF 'militia' class in the editor used AKMs, leaving it possible that the CDF reserve use AKMs?

The CDF 'militia' class in the editor used AKMs, leaving it possible that the CDF reserve use AKMs?

Nah, it should be available in both. Even though the CDF didn't directly use 7.62 AKs as their main weapons, they did have second line militia units that had them. That and there would undoubtedly be plenty in reserve considering how many were in the war and in the past. And let's not forget potential other weapons like the RPK (non-74) or RPD.

And from a gameplay perspective having the AKM spawn in civilian locations wouldn't be too great.

Though I could understand 7.62x39mm rounds being solely police and civilian spawns; with the AKM being police-station only, the AK-74 and AKS-74U being general military spawns, and the AK-101 being a helicopter crashsite rifle (assuming it stays in game.) And of course they could just add the RPK-74 instead of the RPK.

Doesn't matter too much to me, but I do support 7.62x39 being available in civilian spawns because of the CR-527 and SKS.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 2

RPK-74 instead of the RPK.

Doesn't matter too much to me, but I do support 7.62x39 being available in civilian spawns because of the CR-527 and SKS.

Why not both?, and  also I found a dull CR mag in a deerstand on exp earlier.

Why not both?, and  also I found a dull CR mag in a deerstand on exp earlier.

Mags can spawn there but ammunition cannot as far as I'm aware.

And I'd of course prefer both, but I was just suggesting that as a compromise to Gews specifically. If it were me I'd have them do an RPK, RPK-74M, and RPD.

The 7.62 x 39mm rounds, yes, are used for the military grade AKM.

It'd be like saying "Oh, 7.62x54r shouldn't spawn in civilian areas because it's used in the PKM, SVT40, SVD, and vehicle mounted guns."

• Like 2

It'd be like saying "Oh, 7.62x54r shouldn't spawn in civilian areas because it's used in the PKM, SVT40, SVD, and vehicle mounted guns."

SVT-40 will hopefully be a very rare civilian spawn assuming it gets made at some point, because honestly you'd be more likely to find an SKS or even Mosin at a military base presently.

However, yeah, you can still have dual-spawning, where obviously larger quantities of 7.62x54mmR ammo will be available at military bases.

Where I used to live in Arizona it was pretty common to have 1000+ rounds for 5.56 and 7.62 X 39.

I agree with this idea wholeheartedly, and I've always thought it was odd that you didn't find it in residential areas to begin with.

Do you know how many millions of SKS rifles were made? They were mass produced then swapped out for the AK. Then the chinese started making them. Although there isn't as many as the mosin which was mass produced by countless countries since the Crimean war

Thing is I'll find SKS or CZ in residential area and I would happily use it if I had ammo. Then I proceed to military zone in search of an ammo for it and in most cases stumble upon an AK or some better gun and then just swap it. So basically they just spend some time on my back until I find a better gun, useless sadly. Thats why I would like to see that ammo as a residential spawn aswell so I get a chance to use that CR for example.

Been wondering about this they only spawn in military. The same thing happens for 9mm rounds they've been replaced by 380 auto rounds oddly.