Sign in to follow this  
Sooden

'Temporary' Tent persistence fix.

Sleep in tent attaches it to player and they can not move while in that state. Could also maybe make it safe when the player logs out *1. so when a loot wipe happens, if tent was 'attached' to player, then it could be safe.

*1) before you say, 'that's not fair!' Well it half is. As player cant stay in tent when off line, as if they where sleeping, and be woken up to defend a tent. Also, for the player to move again, they must let go of sleep state and then tent is up for grabs from anyone, when the player goes of somewhere else.

only people it think it would hurt are opportunists that find the tent of a logged out person

Added: and i guess this could be used on non-persistence server for the same effect, making the tent a more powerful tool :)

Added: and tent would have to disappear with log-out, as player may log into a different server, so if people think this idea is any good, maybe help develop the ideas (what problems there may be and how to fix them, like tents spawning in same location )

Edited by Sooden

surprised this didn't get some interest as i guessing a tent is the same container type as a bag (but cant ware tent), so this could be implanted easily. maybe i should have not posted 'Temporary' in title, as it could be a good system, only 40 mins later i saw another post on tents 'Suggestion For Tents' which got feedback, but i feel that system is to messy, as it would effect all the tents you have placed (what if you have 10, player logs in and pop, ten tens show up lol) my system only makes one tent protected, the one they sleep in, other they have are left to current play situation.

also to clean things up, person wont be standing there with a tent on there head, they will be laying it in with sleep animation, and cant use it to run too and log out to save tent, as 30 second log out rule would still effect. kill them before 30 seconds over, tent dropped  :P

added: also, my system lets you migrate the tent you sleep in to a different sever, just like all items attached to you

Edited by Sooden

Tents are fine the way they are although i would like to see a camo tent. They are not supposed to be a massive bag you can take from one server to another server hopping is bad enough as it is. This encourages people to play on a single server which is awesome. Also adds realism. If you stash a bunch of stuff in a tent and leave it somewhere i should be able to loot it. This encourages you to hide your base well and makes it so your base isnt invincible. I hope they never implement this idea.

Tents are fine the way they are although i would like to see a camo tent. They are not supposed to be a massive bag you can take from one server to another server hopping is bad enough as it is. This encourages people to play on a single server which is awesome. Also adds realism. If you stash a bunch of stuff in a tent and leave it somewhere i should be able to loot it. This encourages you to hide your base well and makes it so your base isnt invincible. I hope they never implement this idea.

There is one coming soon.

i guess so, didn't think about the server hopping issue as i play on a private shard. Mainly it was to deal with the tents being wiped as we have a in game trade system going and a wipe sets it back. But taking your point into account, i will just wait for persistence to become more stable :)