NoPaEr10

Run or kill yourself?

The spawn timer should double for every time you kill yourself within 30 secs of spawning.

You spawn in and don't like it, jump off a building - wait 30 seconds to spawn.

Don't like your second spawn and decide to kill yourself within 30 seconds of spawning in - 1 minute

Still don't like it and again kill yourself within 30 seconds - 2 mins

and so fourth.

Another case of "Play the game how I play it or don't plat at all!" I mean I only kill myself when I am playing with friends to get back to them quickly but I don't mind if other people want to kill themselves, I hate the Novo spawns, I don't like spawning up north I prefer to start on the coast, thats how I play, nothing wrong with that at all, it doesn't hurt anybody else, its not like I'm saying every spawn should be on the coast.

Another case of "Play the game how I play it or don't plat at all!" I mean I only kill myself when I am playing with friends to get back to them quickly but I don't mind if other people want to kill themselves, I hate the Novo spawns, I don't like spawning up north I prefer to start on the coast, thats how I play, nothing wrong with that at all, it doesn't hurt anybody else, its not like I'm saying every spawn should be on the coast.

Then wait 30 seconds.  and do it again.  Stop cheating the system so you can get closer to military bases.

Then wait 30 seconds.  and do it again.  Stop cheating the system so you can get closer to military bases.

I just said I wasn't doing it to get closer to anywhere other than where my friends are. The 30 second timer is fine, but you seem to want to punish any player who does not play the game the way you play it.

everyone else can do as they plz... as for me? i have and will always take the spawn i am given and run as needed....to me that is the game.

I just said I wasn't doing it to get closer to anywhere other than where my friends are. The 30 second timer is fine, but you seem to want to punish any player who does not play the game the way you play it.

It's punishing a player who suicides for the sake of getting better spawns which is a bullshit exploit and doesn't belong in DayZ.  Nothing less, nothing more.  Move along son

• Like 2

Heres something funny...a number of times and I mean more often then one might think....I have seen players get shot dead by the same person TWICE, when they come back to loot there body. Its pretty funny! It happens allot in packed servers.

Awwww Karma.

Again what players should do is instead of killing the selves to get better spawns to loot there body. Address the issue why you died in the 1st place. Stop putting your self in an ungodly stupid risky situations. Like running around on the streets of electro like a chicken with your head cut off, on a high pop. You don't have to blindly follow idiots ya know. But thats for you to work out.

This game dosn't have natural selection though. This part of player progression, learning or just plain stupity and it will remain. So I see this issue not going away unless there is a mechanics change.

I'm getting to point on the forums were I have learned really there is no point in getting mad at people, or even annoyed. Its not even worth the effort. Everyone here is plays for different reasons, and are at different points of there learning or player progression. So I for now on just going to point things out...thats it, or talk about patches or ideas. I think dayz has a school hard knocks players have to go through..I am really begining to think its part of the DayZ experince..I will no longer interupt lol by trying to teach. Instead be entertained.

Edited by CJFlint

Why the hell do you not like Novo spawns? That part of the map (Svetlo - Novo - Severo metropolitan line) has some of the highest concentration of loot in the game, as well as the best-designed cities, best landscapes, etc.

Live a little, man! Expand your horizons beyond the pew-pew die-die cities of the south.

• Like 1

Why the hell do you not like Novo spawns? That part of the map (Svetlo - Novo - Severo metropolitan line) has some of the highest concentration of loot in the game, as well as the best-designed cities, best landscapes, etc.

Live a little, man! Expand your horizons beyond the pew-pew die-die cities of the south.

Hear, hear! I keep telling myself I'll visit an airfield or military base, but I never manage to leave the northeast corner of the map. Somehow I keep going back and forth between the three cities you named. I might make a foray into Berezino or Chernaya Polana but that general area has been my playground for the past couple of weeks. Once persistence is advanced enough for rudimentary camp or base building, I fully intend to make it a more permanent home. People are decidely more friendly there in my experience. And if they are hostile, they are being so with a purpose, not just taking pot shots at any survivor they see.

My game has been decidely less deathmatch-y as a result. 

No matter of spawn I just start running inland asap. Killing yourself for a "better" spawn...no comment.

I love the area but all of the cities around there seem to really drop my FPS, more so than the coastal cities.

Still baffles me that people do this. I can run from Svetlo to balota in like 15-20 mins or so.

It can sometimes take longer to kill yourself and get through the spawn timer.

Plus you eliminate all the potential player interactions you could have along the way.

Edited by JPWiser
  • Like 1