NoPaEr10

Run or kill yourself?

Killing yourself for a better spawn is a garbage way to play. The "only" excuse I can think of is if you're playing with a group and getting back to them might take you running across the entire map. I can sorta empathize with that, even though I rarely get to play with anyone I know and it doesn't apply to me.

So everytime I die in, let's take electro for an example, I usually try to get to my body as soon as possible. Now sometimes you get lucky spawns at the coast in elektro or you get unlucky and get a spawn in Berezino. Sometimes I spawn in cherno but still kill my self because I hope for a lucky spawn. The run from Cherno to elektro lasts what? 5-7 minutes maybe? 

So basically my question is: What do you do? Keep killing yourself until you get a lucky spawn? Or just run?

Sounds to me like your pvping on high pops and probably in the "hot pvp area", in the middle of the city, were everyone and there uncle is kosing. You got 10 minutes to return to your body to get the gear off of it. The best thing to do is have a freind remove it then guard it or keep an eye on it til you return, then you don't have to worry about time. Another thing is much of the time when you are shot dead, much of the time allot of your get ruined anyways. So what you return to maybe all ruined, it can end up being not worth it. I used to do the same thing when I group pvped in the past. Now its less of problem, I just don't die nearly as much...so its nothing I think about anymore. I had to rethink how I was playing and what I wanted out of the game. Infact when I die now, I take a couple days off then come back. I don't bother, and let it be perma death.

So I think you should address whats killing your avatar so often not wether you should kill your self to get a closer spawn to you body. Thats an easy anser anyways. That would be your best bet. Deep thought, thats for you to figure out. Do you even want to survive? Or do you just want a quick thrill? Thats on you.

To anser your question....killing your self is like rollling the dice with spawns...it may work, it may not. Its kind of random. You can't relly on that all the time. Your kind of explioting the game when you do that too. Do I care if you do it....not really..

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

So everytime I die in, let's take electro for an example, I usually try to get to my body as soon as possible. Now sometimes you get lucky spawns at the coast in elektro or you get unlucky and get a spawn in Berezino. Sometimes I spawn in cherno but still kill my self because I hope for a lucky spawn. The run from Cherno to elektro lasts what? 5-7 minutes maybe? 

So basically my question is: What do you do? Keep killing yourself until you get a lucky spawn? Or just run?

What are you hoping to learn from the replies here? I only ask because it seems like such a strange question. You are essentially asking how to play the game after dying? I'm sorry and no offense to you but this probably addresses a lot of posts that have similar wording to them but, do you not have a creative thought of your own that you need everyone else to suggest ways to play the game? This is somewhat directed at you but not entirely. The map is like 250 something square km and you want to keep spawning in the same place or killing yourself to get a "lucky" spawn? It isn't lucky as much as it is a waste of time. If you want to play pvp against the same people in the same confined area then you should try games like the Battlefield franchise or COD.  IBTG

What are you hoping to learn from the replies here? I only ask because it seems like such a strange question. You are essentially asking how to play the game after dying? I'm sorry and no offense to you but this probably addresses a lot of posts that have similar wording to them but, do you not have a creative thought of your own that you need everyone else to suggest ways to play the game? This is somewhat directed at you but not entirely. The map is like 250 something square km and you want to keep spawning in the same place or killing yourself to get a "lucky" spawn? It isn't lucky as much as it is a waste of time. If you want to play pvp against the same people in the same confined area then you should try games like the Battlefield franchise or COD.  IBTG

I just wanted to hear the opinion of others. I usually try to get my gear back because I'm playing with my squad and yeah. I just wanted to know if it was worth it to run back to your mates, guess I should've mentioned that in the post. I'm not trying to suggest anything, I just wanted to see how others would react when they die. I don't play DayZ for the PVP but certainly I do a bit. I enjoy the PVP in the high pops and in the populated cities, in fact I also enjoy the looting part where you kinda 'build' your character where you choose what your playstyle will be and how you want to dress / act in different situations.

Ive never ever run back to my body, if I die I start fresh again. Thats pretty fun imo.

I i Play with friends i suicide until favorable spawn.

If not..i shrug it off and start lootin...

If you want to play pvp against the same people in the same confined area then you should try games like the Battlefield franchise or COD.  IBTG

Sorry to hear you dont Play with a Group.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Running back to loot your own body diminishes the consequence of dying. Diminishing the consequences of dying lowers the inherent tension from being in stressful situations, when the entire point of DayZ is to simulate those stressful situations. There are plenty of PVP zombie slaying games out there that lack any kind of tension. There's even Breaking Point ArmA3, which is basically a TDM version of DayZ. That style of gameplay is better suited elsewhere, IMO.

But you can play how you want.. All the more reason for private servers and hives.

Edited by Evil Koala

Unless I am with friends and they can secure my body, I don't bother trying to run back unless I spawn really close.  I would just rather start fresh than spend time killing myself over an over just to hope I can get a spawn closer to my death point.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear you dont Play with a Group.

That isn't playing in a group. That is playing in against the same people in a confined area. Exactly like I wrote it. It doesn't mean anything else. 

I wouldn't feel sorry. I play with several other people on a regular basis. 

i'd say suicide to get a spawn near once dead body is for loosers and should result in a some hours penalty timer (if only there was an option to detect it).. suicide in a survival game!?!

i'd say suicide to get a spawn near once dead body is for loosers and should result in a some hours penalty timer (if only there was an option to detect it).. suicide in a survival game!?!

Or just play however you want to play and not worry about what other people think. Labeling someone a "looser" for just doing what they want within the confines of a video game is just a little bit cruel and also pretty ignorant. 

• Like 1

Or just play however you want to play and not worry about what other people think. Labeling someone a "looser" for just doing what they want within the confines of a video game is just a little bit cruel and also pretty ignorant. 

heyhey :) read my words. i didn't label anyone...

heyhey :) read my words. i didn't label anyone...

All I can do is read your words. And you said...

i'd say suicide to get a spawn near once dead body is for loosers.....

• Like 1

Just calm down dude. Everybody enjoys the game and play it with an own playstyle

Just calm down dude. Everybody enjoys the game and play it with an own playstyle

Exactly, let them kill themselves over and over, trying to get the spawn that gets them back to their bodies because by the time they finally get it I would have already looted their corpse and have moved about 3 more towns away.  

Exactly, let them kill themselves over and over, trying to get the spawn that gets them back to their bodies because by the time they finally get it I would have already looted their corpse and have moved about 3 more towns away.  

Exactly

Exactly

Also, how inconsiderate are they to make their friends wait all that time when they could have ran in less time.  Kids these dayz  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Also, how inconsiderate are they to make their friends wait all that time when they could have ran in less time.  Kids these dayz  :rolleyes:

Unforgivable. Reprehensible! 

• Like 1

what next? persistent player corpses? lol 

A fun thing to happen would be when you die, your corpse moves after a short while. Maybe stay there long enough for your murderer to loot you? and if they don't, your corpse moves to another location and some freshy may get lucky :)

also, I miss the flies :(

Corpses should come back as zombies.  It's a zombie game ffs...

Corpses should come back as zombies.  It's a zombie game ffs...

They aren't "zombies" (corpses resurrected via supernatural means), they are people infected via a prion disease. 

They aren't "zombies" (corpses resurrected via supernatural means), they are people infected via a prion disease. 

So we aren't even playing a zombie game?  What the hell is the Z in DayZ standing for then?

So we aren't even playing a zombie game?  What the hell is the Z in DayZ standing for then?

Zero?

Zero?

Exactly. It is a pretty common literary trope to refer to an abrupt event as "Day Zero", referring to the first day of a new calendar.

Day Z, in this case, would be "Day Zero" of the new world, after the collapse of civilization as we know it.

The spawn timer should double for every time you kill yourself within 30 secs of spawning.

You spawn in and don't like it, jump off a building - wait 30 seconds to spawn.

Don't like your second spawn and decide to kill yourself within 30 seconds of spawning in - 1 minute

Still don't like it and again kill yourself within 30 seconds - 2 mins

and so fourth.

• Like 2