Sooden

1911 could be so much more

confuzzles apart from my comical mod, all the other images are real life mods .. quoute 'hardly even realistic.' dam reality >< it tricked me again

Well realistically we could take any weapons and modify to operate out of it's norm, but realistically you don't just slap pieces on to a pistol and turn it into a rifle without proper tools and the knowledge to do that modification.  

Oooh God why?

cus it cool! (OMG is so cool) why have M4 alt stocks? cus its nice.

Well realistically we could take any weapons and modify to operate out of it's norm, but realistically you don't just slap pieces on to a pistol and turn it into a rifle without proper tools and the knowledge to do that modification.  

but as the 1911 as a long standing standard, it has many mods (easy mods that just clip ,screw on, like any in dayz)... more than M4 or AKs, so why not?

easier to put a rail on an 1911 than new stock on an AK

sometime i think some post just to be negative,let make it an option, make the devs work for the cash we gave them, make them give us fun options. the 1911 is an icon of a gun, to mod the balls out of it would be epic

Edited by Sooden

well maybe not from scratch, that would be a bit to much ><

eek.jpg

lol of course not to that extent.

lol of course not to that extent.

if only you had  blanked out one small part and re-posted image and said 'better' :P but yeah, was told in another post how a broke down gun id not so many parts :) so now i understand 

cus it cool! (OMG is so cool) why have M4 alt stocks? cus its nice.

Modularity for the sake of modularity is garbage.

Why do this to the m1911 when it's role is already a low end pistol.

The fix fits the high end role.

I think if I had a pistol, something like a handle. Or maybe a stock would be very useful if I could get one. I think they would probably be so rare though that they should just make them craftable.

Tactical rail, definitely. All pistols should probably have them, I guess imprivised stocks and rals could be the same.

Hello there

I wouldn't mind seeing more variety in all modular systems.

Now, some of the examples we have seen are a little extreme and are very uncommon but extended mags, beavertails, different iron sights  and indeed optics etc etc for all weapons that commonly use them would be nice and would add more to the individuality of the weapons. even if just visually  cosmetic.

I know I prefer some weapon sights over others, not due to their "stats" (which isnt something I personally approve of as i find stats actually limit folks individuality as people run with the most effective kit over that which they like) but purely how they function and how they sit in my field of vision.

A more customized weapon, whether a .22  bullpup conversion or a tricked out sporting .45 would make the weapon and indeed the character "mine".

Rgds

LoK

confuzzles apart from my comical mod, all the other images are real life mods .. quoute 'hardly even realistic.' dam reality >< it tricked me again

What I mean is that those parts are not readily available nor is it common for such things to be manufactured.

I wouldn't be inherently opposed to it, I just don't see any reason for it to be done, because it's such an odd form of weapon improvisation.

Just the 1911?

pv3KTtq.jpg

FNX-45-TAC-SBR-SUPP-PACK-2__23310.139931

4fF9Ryg.jpg

Next thing you know we'll all be running around like the Man from U.N.C.L.E.

UNCLE20GUN20CARBINE.jpg

• Like 2

What I mean is that those parts are not readily available nor is it common for such things to be manufactured.

I wouldn't be inherently opposed to it, I just don't see any reason for it to be done, because it's such an odd form of weapon improvisation.

i assume this is a guess "parts are not readily available nor is it common for such things to be manufactured" the mods for the 1911 may look crude and even silly as its an older gun but the military may have modded them to the teeth. for example , Russia at 2012 and the Strizh Pistol, google/seach 'Russian Armed Forces adopting 9x19mm Strizh Pistol'

sp.jpg

Please note, not saying this weapon should be in game, its just an example of how even now in Russia, they are kitting out handguns to the max. As the 1911 is old, the parts used may have not look so professional but still used at lot (now that is a guess).

yeah, there may not be loads of the 1911 attachments laying around, but to add depth, they could be epic rares. Something to be added to the game way down the line of development

Edited by Sooden

i assume this is a guess "parts are not readily available nor is it common for such things to be manufactured" the mods for the 1911 may look crude and even silly as its an older gun but the military may have modded them to the teeth. for example , Russia at 2012 and the Strizh Pistol, google/seach 'Russian Armed Forces adopting 9x19mm Strizh Pistol'

sp.jpg

Please note, not saying this weapon should be in game, its just an example of how even now in Russia, they are kitting out handguns to the max. As the 1911 is old, the parts used may have not look so professional but still used at lot (now that is a guess).

yeah, there may not be loads of the 1911 attachments laying around, but to add depth, they could be epic rares. Something to be added to the game way down the line of development

True.

I mean, if they added it I wouldn't complain, variety is cool so long as the items are appropriately rare. I just don't see the point with this specific instance, being that the 1911 is not the best choice for a pistol to carbine conversion, but if the devs liked it they could.

The Strizh would be fine as the game's real "modular" pistol, outclassing the FNX-45 but being a 9x19mm weapon.

If nothing else I'd like to see a p14 frame swap out, and maybe let the thing just take fnx mags (instead of irl p14 mags)

The p14 is a 1911, except it has a proper feed ramp, a supported chamber, and other mods to make the 1911 more reliable. Not to mention a 14 round magazine.

mj1ux.jpg

This to me is the epitome of what a 1911 can and should be. Crisp single action (tsk tsk fnx) and 14 rounds of .45 acp. The supported chamber allows for hotter loads as well.

The p14 is a 1911, except it has a proper feed ramp, a supported chamber, and other mods to make the 1911 more reliable. Not to mention a 14 round magazine.

mj1ux.jpg

This to me is the epitome of what a 1911 can and should be. Crisp single action (tsk tsk fnx) and 14 rounds of .45 acp. The supported chamber allows for hotter loads as well.

that a new 1911? also if in USA, don't they limit mags to 7 rounds (via a silly filler you can just take out lol). if we gonna look at new 1911 based models, i will go with the twin barrle

Edited by Sooden

that a new 1911? also if in USA, don't they limit mags to 7 rounds (via a silly filler you can just take out lol). if we gonna look at new 1911 based models, i will go with the twin barrle

No. I don't even know to what you're referring. Some states out east have goofy laws, like new york. But where I live there's no restrictions like that. And this particular gun is made in Canada. Canada also has silly laws, but I don't know what they are as I don't live there. Something about 5 round rifle mags, and I don't know the pistol laws. As far as twin barreled pistols, this is bad and you should feel bad.

... As far as twin barreled pistols, this is bad and you should feel bad.

but it looks so good, how can it be bad?

2.jpg

but it looks so good, how can it be bad?

2.jpg

Now that IS silly.

Fun but silly.

L

Dillinger's 1911:

John-Dillinger-M1911A1-Full-Auto.jpg

;)

fry-futurama-foaming-mouth-want-foam-135

That'd almost be worth sacrificing a Thompson Fore grip and compensator for.  FYI I have seen 'drum' mags for 1911s.  Think the ammo count was like 20-50.

• Like 1

FYI I have seen 'drum' mags for 1911s.  Think the ammo count was like 20-50.

homer.jpg

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 2