Sign in to follow this  
Roshi (DayZ)

World War II era gun emplacements

Seeing as Chernarus is coastal, might be a nice map feature to add some disused WWII bunkers/gun emplacements (minus the artillery) on a few elevated spots along the coast line, maybe with the odd tunnel/limited underground structure.

Edited by Roshi
  • Like 4

wRQqyrH.jpg

I'd loot that. 

• Like 3

In Napier (east coast, north island, New Zealand) there are these awesome low profile gun emplacements ex WWII, nothing like what Rags posted, but still awesome historical sites. They have long been secured to prevent druggies and vandals (aka teenagers) from entering, so I'd imagine Chernarus would have done a similar thing. Also been a shit load of time since WWII, so any loot, especially anything iron based so close to nice moist sea air would be pretty much fucked corroded.

• Like 1

wRQqyrH.jpg

I'd loot that. 

Holly shitballs, is that in Germany ? one of those last crazy defense systems from hitlers seedy arse reign ?

Holly shitballs, is that in Germany ? one of those last crazy defense systems from hitlers seedy arse reign ?

This particular flak tower is located in vienna, austria. But there are still a few of them in germany.

Well, flip me.

Im a bit of a ww2 buff and I had no idea these existed. Id seen em in games but thought they were daft made up fortresses.

Ive learnt something new. That pleases me greatly.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

This is a FLAK Bunker in Hamburg, which has been turned to civilian use after WWII:

Hamburg_Medienbunker_01_KMJ.jpg

• Like 3

Seeing as Chernorus is coastal, might be a nice map feature to add some disused WWII bunkers/gun emplacements (minus the artillery) on a few elevated spots along the coast line, maybe with the odd tunnel/limited underground structure. 

Yes please! Reminds me of the one in the 1970 film Stone, if anyone's seen it, where a biker gang takes up residence, on the coastline

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_(1974_film)#mediaviewer/File:1Middleheadfortress0048.JPG

I'd love to see some of these rusting in the forests on long treks. Maybe a good idea, clump them all together with some T-34 and Su-series tank husks WW2 era highway of death to make a unique location on the map:

vTU9Rb0.png

• Like 1

In Napier (east coast, north island, New Zealand) there are these awesome low profile gun emplacements ex WWII, nothing like what Rags posted, but still awesome historical sites. They have long been secured to prevent druggies and vandals (aka teenagers) from entering, so I'd imagine Chernarus would have done a similar thing. Also been a shit load of time since WWII, so any loot, especially anything iron based so close to nice moist sea air would be pretty much fucked corroded.

Haha I was thinking North Head in Devonport, Auckland.

Seeing as Chernorus is coastal, might be a nice map feature to add some disused WWII bunkers/gun emplacements (minus the artillery) on a few elevated spots along the coast line, maybe with the odd tunnel/limited underground structure.

Some historical sights might be a nice touch and add some verity to the landscape. For example going by Arma2 lore, the mountain east of chernogorsk across the bay, used to be warning post against pirates raids in medieval times and now used as tourist site. There is nothing there, but it would be nice there was, it doesn't have to have loot just something to encourage\reward exploration.

I'd love to see some of these rusting in the forests on long treks. Maybe a good idea, clump them all together with some T-34 and Su-series tank husks WW2 era highway of death to make a unique location on the map:

http://i.imgur.com/vTU9Rb0.png

Looks nice. Personally, I think that every kind of detail adds and it doesn't have to be WW2 tank, simple play grounds will do.
  • Like 1