WuBz_Da_Boss

Really Good Idea For Gas Masks (Please Look Dev's)

So Today I Was Thinking That The Gas Mask Could Have A Good Use Is Dayz (Than Be A Epic Mask For My Fellow Bandits) That There Is A Nuclear Silo Military Base Which Is Radioactive (Like A Reactor Explosion/Melt Down)  Which You Need The Czech M10M (Just Known As Gas Mask) To Loot There If You Are In There For More Than 10-15 Minutes Without A Gas Mask You Will Get Radiation Poisoning And Die In A Hour Or Two Also I Was Thinking For Maximum Protection A Full Hazmat Suit (Military Czech Type Or Russian) To Stay In There For A Unlimited Amount Of Time, Also Maybe A New Gas Mask Which You Need To Get Filter's For It To Work I Really Would Like The GP-5 Added (I Own One Of These There Beast For Scaring People) And With You Having To Add Filters To The Gas Mask If They Go Expired And You Go To That Base You Still Will Die.

So Here Is A Shorter Version Of What I'm Saying 

-New Military Nuclear Silo Base (Radioactive)

-With Out Hazmat Suit And Gas Mask Will Die After A Hour To Two Hour After Exposure

-Czech Or Russian 80/90s Hazmat Suit

-GP-5 Russian Gas Mask Added (Must Find Filter To Work)

-Czech M10M (The Gas Mask All Ready In The Game Should Have Filters You Must Find) 

Please Add This In The Future This Will Be Really Fun. Also If Your Not In The Dev Team Is This Still A Good Idea And Would You Like to See it?

Edited by WuBz_Da_Boss
  • Like 7

I Need To Rid Of This Comment D: Dev Your Admin Delete It

Edited by WuBz_Da_Boss

Cool idea. On a side note, please stop capitalizing every other word. Makes reading slow (and probably typing as well). Give that pinky a rest!

Edit: EVERY word.

Edited by Dagwood
  • Like 2

Cool idea. On a side note, please stop capitalizing every other word. Makes reading slow (and probably typing as well). Give that pinky a rest!

I Can't Help Its Lol XD

Ugh. Gasmasks are cliche. I don't quite understand the fascination with them, alongside wearing them with helmets. Are they some sort of "tacticool" thing?

More related to the thread, don't we have enough military bases already? You can literally reach a military base within 15 minutes of running.

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 1

Ugh. Gasmasks are cliche. I don't quite understand the fascination with them, alongside wearing them with helmets. Are they some sort of "tacticool" thing?

More related to the thread, don't we have enough military bases already? You can literally reach a military base within 15 minutes of running.

Dev's Should Hide It 100% Can't Be Found Without Luck Dayz DB/TV Map Dev's Should Say You Can't Show It. Also There Is No Need For DayZ DB/TV Maps All You Need Is South Map And North Map You Have A Full Map Then.

Edited by WuBz_Da_Boss

I'm pretty sure if there was a reactor meltdown that had radiation that is anywhere in the DayZ map, that is way too close for anyone without a hazmat suit to survive anyway. Even being a fresh spawn on the coast is too close to the reactor.

• Like 1

Maybe a truck transporting nuclear waste blew up causing strong radiation in a certain area? I dunno. It could change using the same system like the heli crash sites. The problem is if you were to pick up loot from that area, in reality it would be contaminated. So you wouldnt be able to use it anyway. 

And you are right about the gasmask filters. Even today the filters on masks only last 24hrs and will be saturated. You can still breathe through them but the active carbon element wont filter out anything anymore. 

I think the idea has merit as it would provide a purpose for gasmasks other than looking like a bandit. If there is some way of de-contaminating loot it might help to provide a focus point for organised groups to loot a certain area, because you would need a suit, gas masks, filters, some way of de-contaminating things and space to carry it all around. 

• Like 1

Gas masks protect users from radiation about as well as umbrellas protect people from gunfire. Instead of nuclear/radioactive hazards [which would leave any loot gathered in the area also radioactive], an area effected by an area denial nerve agent that requires gas masks and MOPP suits to survive in with an interesting twist, you get shot, you get exposed and die so it really will be a very high risk area.

• Like 3

Gas mask+Tear gas(riots, end of the world, tear gas will be present)+smoke grenades.

• Like 1

Teargas. brilliantly simple harteman.

Camping in a building? Bring your gasmask or someone will gas you out of the building. I like it. Bring in teargas and a gun that can fire it, would be a welcome addition in my team anyway. But only if you can actually shoot the rounds through windows!

They would need to add a new gasmask if they added anything other than tear gas. The m10m is from the 60's so not only is it horribly below current standards but it is all but discontinued and being mainly a surplus item used for riots if at all. Good luck finding a filter that fits it that is NBC rated and not expired. However I would love for gasmasks to have an actual function, weather it was from tear gas, smoke, airborne disease etc. I wouldn't mind at all though if there were 1 or 2 places that had some radiation where a suit and mask would be needed.

awesome idea dude!

btw. and please do stop capitalizing every word, it's horrible to read! :)

Gas masks protect users from radiation about as well as umbrellas protect people from gunfire. Instead of nuclear/radioactive hazards [which would leave any loot gathered in the area also radioactive], an area effected by an area denial nerve agent that requires gas masks and MOPP suits to survive in with an interesting twist, you get shot, you get exposed and die so it really will be a very high risk area.

This +1

I so wish gas masks obscured vision or any mask really.

But for that to happen they gotta lock you in to fpv at least when equipped.

More related to the thread, don't we have enough military bases already? You can literally reach a military base within 15 minutes of runnin

Zelenogorsk and Kabanino bases are too much I think...would like to see them removed...

Metro 2033 was a hell of a good game. Make something like that with the gas masks and some parts of the map please.

Edited by p4triot

Pretty much. All a gasmask would do to protect you from radioactive particles (NOT from radiation itself, just contaminated particles, AKA fallout. Very important distinction) is prevent you from 1) inhaling them into your lungs, and 2) prevent them from diffusing through your mucus membranes.

Meanwhile, Gamma radiation is giving you some nice tasty tumors up inside you.

Radiation =/= fallout, folks.

How are people able to read the stuff the OP posted?

Very slowly, and very painfully.

If You Are In There For More Than 10-15 Minutes Without A Gas Mask You Will Get Radiation Poisoning And Die In A Hour Or Two 

Way too much time. 

You should either instantly get radiation poisoning if you enter without the right gear or within 1 to 5 minutes. 

gasmask + suit + gloves + military/combat boots = Unlimited time, missing even one of those results in a limited time thats shorter the less you have on and severity depending on what you don't have on.

Pretty much. All a gasmask would do to protect you from radioactive particles (NOT from radiation itself, just contaminated particles, AKA fallout. Very important distinction) is prevent you from 1) inhaling them into your lungs, and 2) prevent them from diffusing through your mucus membranes.

Meanwhile, Gamma radiation is giving you some nice tasty tumors up inside you.

Radiation =/= fallout, folks.

Which is why a military base or maybe a border post near Tisy with military spawns, saturated with VX or a similar area denial nerve agent would make way more sense than radiation.