Sign in to follow this  
Draco122

Bow Drilling

Something I thought about having as a re-usable way to light a fire even if you don't have matches and thats the Bow Drilling Technique.

Bow_Drill_with_annotations.jpg

The way I imagine bow-drilling working in DayZ Standalone is this, it's a chance based system, there's no 100% guarantee your gonna start a fire in one hit, it may take several tries until you can light the fire but it's re-usuable and you don't need to find matches in order to light a fire. In addition, something I was taught was that each time you use it, you do get a little warmer (as your working your body harder to light a fire, therefore warming yourself up).

To make a bow drill, best items I can imagine making it is some rope, Sticks and some firewood which would give an option to make a bow drill

• Like 3

+1

But instead of rope, sticks and firewood. Use the Bow that is already craftable, stick and wood log(Firewood).

You would need paper or something as a fire starter. Theres no way you can just light logs on fire with doing just that

You would need paper or something as a fire starter. Theres no way you can just light logs on fire with doing just that

You'd use the embers to light the Tinder => Kindling => Wood => Bigger/more wood => etc.

Edit:

This idea gets a thumbs-up.  I enjoy the survivalist aspect of the game.  I bet Whyherro123 has some input on this subject.

Edited by _Mandrake_