r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.3 FeedBack

Any feedback you would like to add drop in here. Keep all posts on topic no bashing others for their opinions.

• Like 2

I've just walkd a few minutes in Cherno and got a lot of graphic problems at barrel of fire etc.... am I alone?

Thank you for the update. I've to wait till more servers are updated.

Edited by No Interleaving

Hey!

First off: thanks for all your great work!

Questions: Are you really suppose to be able to run this fast without getting tired at all?

I run at max speed for like 3 - 4 minutes, stop and aim is laser accurate. No sway at all!

And why wont I get tired and start running a bit slower after a while?

Played on dev server and now FR 129.

Cheers!

I've just walkd a few minutes in Cherno and got a lot of graphic problems at barrel of fire etc.... am I alone?

It seems theres an issue with the model its been reported already we are looking into this issue. Can you get some images and post an issue on the issue page ty.

Hey!

First off: thanks for all your great work!

Questions: Are you really suppose to be able to run this fast without getting tired at all?

I run at max speed for like 3 - 4 minutes, stop and aim is laser accurate. No sway at all!

And why wont I get tired and start running a bit slower after a while?

Played on dev server and now FR 129.

Cheers!

This is a known issue as a temporary fix to the weapon sway issue soon as i get some time ill try and get it resolved fully. Soon as i remember how i changed it to start with :-)

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues/237

It seems the release didn't happen as an auto update for everyone on steam im trying to get this resolved with BIS.

No sway at all!

Finally the people can't complain anymore, eh?

• Like 1

Finally the people can't complain anymore, eh?

Hehe, you are right about that but now it feels kinda OP. Im glad that this isn't the final fix tho. 

Again, thanks for a great job!

Hehe, you are right about that but now it feels kinda OP. Im glad that this isn't the final fix tho. 

Again, thanks for a great job!

I've marked it down to be a priority fix before the next patch. Hopefully ill be able to find the issue pretty quick during the weekend and make some other tweaks to the same system.

• Like 1

I'd like to point out some stuff which I am missing from the older versions.

Deerstand, I haven't found anything useful for ages.

Backpacks come on,I went throug Cherno and Electro and just a simlpe 8 slot backpack. Give us a chance to find an Alice backpack in less than a week.

Matches are now limited to use 5 times, my charater needs every 60min a few steaks... come on... give us a fire striker at least (can be used up to 1500...)

It sometimes happens that I enter houses without they have spawned loot at all. Going through Cherno and Elektro means killing at least every zombie when you go somewhere inside.

That's okay, but give the players something useful for killing them all.

Can you make zombie spawning far far away? I mean if I come closer to a house the zeds alwasy start to exit the house. Why can they not spawn outside or some inside but let them stay inside?

They alwasys spawn inside and exit the front door loudly.

Please make the game a bit more playlbe. Thank you.

just a couple of hours but it feels right.

some graphic issues at the mil tents in cherno and i see some trunks and other small stuff has some black graphical issues too.

but the gaming experience is fantastic. loot seems to go in the right direction, actually it felt nicely balanced so far.

i forced a friend (long time dayz veteran) to test it yesterday on my machine and after 2 hours of play he was quite happy.

so much that he is willing to reinstall his machine to start playing again and he will try to convince others.

it is remarkable how far you razor and whoever is still involved brought dayz to.

there is still so much new stuff to explore...

could not thank you enough for what you did to dayz.

• Like 1

Bugs

• With barrels on fire being an issue, I'd also like to point out a graphical bug when it comes to fireplaces when lit. This only happens right when you click the button to go to your gear menu. 

admbNn3.jpg

• More than 1 bell ringing too frequently(as if next to you) in towns such as Berezino.

Suggestions(completely optional)

• An ability to pour out water in bottles which may be helpful in times where you don't have matches to boil water.
  • Using junk loot to continue the life of fire. (such as rags, gauze, cards)
  • A way to sleep in tents; such as this ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajHJIuaBN1k (This has a lot of potential with the snoring)
  • Viewing achievements from diary.
  • Possibility of removing status icons and replace them with sounds(Such as stomach growling when hungry)
  • A way to access player's gear while in the surrender stance.
  • Implement radios that would allow us to talk to players throughout server ;) http://i.ytimg.com/vi/0q9T5QKhSZk/maxresdefault.jpg

The radio thing would be something amazing if this was possible to replace side chat.

Other than that, 1.8.3 sure is wonderful for performance. It really got me back into playing the mod again after my break from it.

The zombies are still challenging which is great and survival seems a bit harder now. I actually have a hard time getting food :)

Edited by TIC321

Had a few hours on 1.8.3 last night.

- Overall performance really good, I like the new near-death effects.

- Heavy graphic bugs, like flickering white/black/brown 3D-planes (not aircraft^^) for some view directions especially

- Used a blood test kit on myself. Got all 4 spots red, table shows 0-. Besides my bloodicon I then had B-. Why is that, and what currently happens if I use a incompatible bloodbag? You'll understand I do not wanna try it :D

Suggestions:

TIC321's suggestion about the radio reminded me of servers which give you group management with the radio. So you can have your buddies on the map or see them tagged if you aim at them.

And you can use chat and voicechat inside those groups, which would take the endless sidechatting away. Not sure but I think it's not a vanilla feature, but it could be.

Servers could just add or remove the radio as spawn loadout to use the feature.

• Like 1

yeah, TIC321, i too heard church bells in the middle of the woods, no church nearby.

not that it matters much it was just very surprising.

food i could find enough. i had more problems finding enough drinks till i found a water bottle which seems even more important now.

loot generally seems more spread out (not sure in what patch that came to be honest) but i often can find one useful item in each big house.

i only found on backpack at all yet and wonder if they are so rare or spawn somwhere i do not know of.

Zs changed a lot too, besides other stuff they gonna hit you quicker and when running close by them.

they are a factor right now...love it.

Edited by justadude

Yeah they seem to be more aggressive, but at the same time I feel like they won't chase me for miles like they did before.

I do not understant all this max. numbers of Zs, bubble, and what else might relate to the number of the Zs but i have the impression that there were a lot more Zs in 1.8.2.

Not sure if this is good or bad cause the Zs are able to give you headaches and need to be considered when you go on a loot run.

I was in berezino with both patches and 1.8.2 was insane.

Not sure if this is true or was just bad luck/bug or whatever.

Did i already mention that i like the Zs rigth now?

I still wished they would dare to make them HS only. Would like to see that average survival time ; )

Edited by justadude

I do like the radio idea.  Though I do not want to see little icons above players head in group management (added simply to avoid confusion on wasteland group management on some epoch servers).

• Like 1

1.8.3 is a great patch. Other than the known issues my only complaint is an occasional weird head sway thing. This isn't weapon sway but the characters head actually moves around. I've tried to figure out what triggers it but haven't nailed down a cause yet. It seems to happen randomly, both while moving and at rest. Going from prone to crouch *may* cause it to happen more often. Has anyone else experienced this? Again, this is *not* weapon sway, but your character's head actually moving.

I've got some better video somewhere but you can get a quick glimpse of it in the first 30s of this video.

Note view is rock steady at 00:08 and head is waving side to side at 00:14 and 00:18.

UPDATE: This is just the new in pain sway. Painkillers ftw

Edited by Kerbo
  • Like 1

nice video kerbo. i liked your target selection ; )

i hade once a sway problem where i could not aim down the iron sights (well the dot sight from the G36 to be exact).

lasted just a couple of seconds i was so surprised it could have been the head which moved. i am not sure what happened there.

i was infected at that time and i thought it is a nice touch to the infection (which is hard to survive anyway).

so i am not really sure if it is what happend to you kerbo. when i am healthy i did not notice it yet but i seldom aim at anything besides some scouting.

1.8.3 is a great patch. Other than the known issues my only complaint is an occasional weird head sway thing. This isn't weapon sway but the characters head actually moves around. I've tried to figure out what triggers it but haven't nailed down a cause yet. It seems to happen randomly, both while moving and at rest. Going from prone to crouch *may* cause it to happen more often. Has anyone else experienced this? Again, this is *not* weapon sway, but your character's head actually moving.

I've got some better video somewhere but you can get a quick glimpse of it in the first 30s of this video.

Note view is rock steady at 00:08 and head is waving side to side at 00:14 and 00:18.

Gotta love that little gunfight at 6:00. Using JSRS I see ;)

I really hate those bells at 8:23 that play over and over again, is that a bug too?

And I think the sway you're experiencing is part of the new post processing for symptoms such as pain.

• Like 1

nice video kerbo. i liked your target selection ; )

Thanks for the feedback. :) 

Gotta love that little gunfight at 6:00. Using JSRS I see ;)

I really hate those bells at 8:23 that play over and over again, is that a bug too?

And I think the sway you're experiencing is part of the new post processing for symptoms such as pain.

JSRS is awesome, so glad US 434 supports it. :)

Bells are a known issue: https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues/275

Pain? Interesting. IIRC I wasn't in pain from anything but I'll try pain killers next time I'm testing. Thanks!

Not a bug, make sure to read the Patchnotes.

[updated] All medical effects (post-processing effects and camshakes) are moved to a single file. Modified effects:

lack of blood: removed permanent blur and desaturation. Random "Wave shape" for desaturation level

in pain or thirsty => dizziness (very slow shake cams), during 15 seconds every 90 seconds (in average)

infected => flickering radial blur (center of the screen is not altered), coughs

unchanged: unconscious => full screen blur, full desaturation.

unchanged: low temperature => shivering

• Like 1

Personally, I'm not keen on the new pain animation - apart from it being a pain in the backside that renders you almost defenceless, it also makes me nauseous (much like sea sickness) so if i have no painkillers i have to stop playing or risk yakking over my keyboard. I also seem to be the exception to the average in that it will start again a few seconds after the last one finished, so rather than 15 seconds out of every 90, i seem to be getting it for 75 seconds out of every 90.

Edited by The_norwood

Me and my friends are back to vanilla after a year and a half away, and I like it a lot. The nutrition system is finally challenging and very similiar to how I used to want it, like giving water bottles and hunting a purpose, not filling your icons completely and be good for hours just by drinking one soda and consuming a snack. I think it's working pretty well, however I can understand why many think eating things as a steak should fill a little more than it does currently. Maybe make it so that different types of meat will refill significantly more than tin food or snacks will. But it's not a major concern of mine, meat has the benefit of giving more blood anyway. The annoyance with having to consume so much, is the fact that the gear menu closes after eating or drinking. Since you eat like 4-5 tins or steaks at a time, and maybe drink sodas on top of that, you have to reopen it up to 8 times on each occasion. And this is a frequent process. I believe the mod in its early days didn't use to close the inventory upon eating and drinking. So why is it doing that now? If it was intended I just can't understand why. I would like to see this fixed.

Blood bagging doesn't work and need fixing, as well as the oil barrel graphical glitches, preventing people visiting Stary compound. In my opinion such major bugs should be highest priority to deal with instantly and a hotfix patch should be considered. I find it very strange why it's not possible to push such patches.

The new tent pitching mechanics is nice. However, it can not be accessed at all if placed in pine trees, which is a let down. I've tried three or four times now and it won't let me. I'm assuming the only proper and somewhat long lasting tents today are glitched into something where they can't be seen. And that is obviously unfortunate.

Heli crashes seems to be in very random places which is good. While I like the ones that just spawns in, quietly, combining that with dynamic ones that live crashes anywhere and at anytime would be amazing. They do generate some more activity, whether you are looking for action and other players, or if you are just walking around, realising one could be about to crash near you is tense as fuck and you can't take that away. I'm not suggesting the current ones should be scrapped completely. Just add the possibility of flying ones so crash sites becomes a little more unpredictable. For instance if you find one you wouldn't have a clue whether it crashed 5 minutes ago or if it has been since the restart. Today all crashes spawns right on restart which is pretty unexciting knowing.

Now to the important part which is the reason I'm making a post in the first place. While the survival aspect can be considered hardcore in my opinion, and as it should be in vanilla, finding end game gear is way too easy! And yes, I'll be much more specific to back that up.

You would think weapons as DMR and mk48/m249 should be freaking rare. But the truth is, you are very likely to find M14 aims, m249's, m24 in every airfield visit. The DMR itself is pretty much a one shot kill with a superb scope. It fires very very quickly and there is no recoil at all. It's so overpowered that it becomes ridiculous. I believe it shouldn't be as near as common as it is. Also what's funny, and which I admit depends on the server and the time since there was a wipe etc. is that probably more than 90% of the people I see above spawn cities has either a DMR or an LMG (or both). I've yet to see someone running with an AK. As a matter of fact, it seems AK and AKM is rarer than a dmr weapon. I think given the sort of game DayZ is, and the arma engine with its great map, the gameplay is best when the weapons are weaker. It gives more room for tactical play, team play and survival. The lonewolf doing all he can to survive would be able to take a hit and still survive. Squads that are into fighting are given fights that lasts longer than 10 seconds in some cases. Right now I think the spawn rates are preventing the optimal experience, seeing every player has DMR's and LMG's. I'd love to see most people having AK and lower stanag variants, combined with CZ550's and a rarer m24 for long range. The LMG's are not as crucial as DMR's as long as they are ironsighted, even though they are still too common obviously.

It's still a lot of fun, but it's not reaching its potential atm.

Also I believe the czech backpack is too easy to find. Almost everyone is carrying one, and you can almost expect finding one when you run up north to loot military. That one needs a lower drop rate. It feels like the brittish assault pack is rarer, and probably on a good level. I don't know why the Alice Pack was removed. The more backpacks the better variety, and more enjoyable gear improving ladder. Would like to see that one back in, maybe as a 14 or an 18 slotter (maybe 20/22 for brittish assault pack), to separate the backpacks from eachother.

It was cool reading about the new fishing feature. I'm yet to find a fishing rod however, and apparently they only seem to spawn along the coast, and it can only be used on the coast. Maybe unrealistic to believe anything will change on this point, but how cool wouldn't it be to fish deeper into the map? You don't have to enable it for all water sources. But pobeda dam for instance is really really large, and in real life I'd expect to find fish there. There are plenty of options here to handle it, in my opinion. Maybe first of all as I pointed out, only select a handful of ponds to have this option. The biggest ones would make sense. It would be fun to give Prud the option, since it's quite centered on the map. It doesn't necessarily have to become too easy to fish. You can limit the ponds to only contain certain fish species compared to fishing in the sea, and the chance of catching anything could be made really really low. I can just imagine how fun it would be going with a friend or two, with one rod each, to fish somewhere, and enjoy twice or triple the chance to catch anything together. When you have made some progress, it's not like you are going back to spawn points to get fish. At least I don't think most experienced players play that way. Having other options would make it much more cool, and something useful. Obviously another suggestion is to introduce the fishing rod to the normal loot. Rare if you want, but I don't like the fact you must interact with the coast to find it. Whether or not my fishing suggestions are even possible to code I don't know (maybe you can't select certain ponds for instance, without using ALL, but then consider using ALL), but it was so cool in theory that I couldn't resist writing about it.

• Like 1

Hey Anders, the fishing rod can also be found in boat houses, however they are usually underwater or under the board walk sort of. Take a extra look next time you are around one.

You have some great points imo.

Edited by vinyljunkie