anddos

An option to show or hide experimental servers

I think having the option to show or hide experimental servers would be ideal because it can get anoying looking at the server browser for none experimental sometimes

• Like 1

The server browser is generated from steam. We're unlikely to make any changes to our UI until after the new renderer is in, as we will most likely replace the UI, and all screens, in complete entirety. I discussed this with our senior engineers and they are going to look to see if the UI components of the new renderer can be prioritized so they would occur prior to the delivery of the new renderer itself.

If this is the case I would expect we would review all screens, and it would allow us more flexibility for screens such as the server history. However, as I noted before the data is supplied by Steam through their API, and it generates the data as best as it can. In order for us to do something with that data (which is streamed to the application live), we would need to collect, then sort it. That can be a huge amount of data to store and then sort.

As an example early in development we had some bugs associated with this screen that caused increased handling. The throughput was so bad that it locked up some peoples internet connections! Very nasty stuff!

But I think we are all looking forward to the day when we can improve the UI all around! Or perhaps, produce an API that would allow the community to iterate on the tools, such as the excellent work done with DayZCommander and PlayWithSix.

One of my biggest wishes is to have all "custom/modded/private etc" servers on a seperate tab.

I9ow6NB.png

• Like 1