DURRHUNTER

Lighting Fires in Fireplaces inside homes.

Yes please.

Also like the food in fridges/cupboards and clothes in closets/drawers. But I'm sure that will be how it is for final product DayZ. Just not important at this phase of testing.

Yes please.

Also like the food in fridges/cupboards and clothes in closets/drawers. But I'm sure that will be how it is for final product DayZ. Just not important at this phase of testing.

I wouldn't eat anything that's been in a fridge for months after the power went out :p

But, I definitely would love the ability to use built-in fireplaces. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't eat anything that's been in a fridge for months after the power went out :P

Blue cheese maybe?

Yes I can be in my cozzy cabin in the middle of the woods eating deer steaks, blowing up my unused .380 auto rounds, blowing up a v3s, and a bunch of other random stuff.

but smoke should come out of the house's chimney so players can spot it so you better barricade the house

and you could totally block off the chimney and smoke them out.

• Like 1

would be awesome but not sure if really possible I mean you need to get on the roof

depending on the type of house a few of them have pretty low sides or a little shanty off the side you could climb on.

• Like 1

depending on the type of house a few of them have pretty low sides or a little shanty off the side you could climb on.

what would be another cool suggestion would be ladders which you can craft with sticks and rope and  put them  against walls to climb up certain roofs.

what would be another cool suggestion would be ladders which you can craft with sticks and rope and  put them  against walls to climb up certain roofs.

improvised ladders? thatd be pretty sweet.

improvised ladders? thatd be pretty sweet.

Buggy though but if possible really sweet maybe even add certain rooms only accesable through the roof because the staircase is blocked our something like that

if they added it it would not fit in a backpack could be carried around in your hands and placed down against walls with the scroll button

Most of these ideas will come about later down the track no doubt.. maybe they are waiting for house barricading before they even think about making working fireplaces.. and if I am guessing right it is a long ways off

Most of these ideas will come about later down the track no doubt.. maybe they are waiting for house barricading before they even think about making working fireplaces.. and if I am guessing right it is a long ways off

well i mean this would be easy to implement, just make all the chimneys have a fireplace spawn at the base of them.

I dont think it would be hard to implement but who am i to know how to program or anything of that sort.

well i mean this would be easy to implement, just make all the chimneys have a fireplace spawn at the base of them.

I dont think it would be hard to implement but who am i to know how to program or anything of that sort.

Well who knows, I mean that may well be true and I dont know alot about game design either but i still think it falls into "something to worry about" that can coincide with barricading tho i would still love to see it sooner and a particle emitter on the already chimneys for the smoke effect  B)

Honestly I really think this is going to be possible in the future. Think of the refrigerator "container" that we're supposed to have, that was talked about long ago by Dean. I don't think the idea was scrapped, and it will be part of the persistence mechanic, along with barricades, tents, and fireplaces.

We'll see, but this is a fantastic idea I always liked. And even tried on many occasion to "fit" the fireplace kit we have in the ones some houses have. But it never worked.

:thumbsup:

Yes ! Although this ties in with "containers found around the world" meaning that each fireplace would have to be an openable container. Coding-wise that would be a drag on oerformance and server fps , I'm sure this feature is coming because many a people including myself have wondered this, but like I said it has to wait for when "containers" are added (like cupboards and cabinets , refrigerators an fireplaces all being "openable storage containers") then the game world could properly handle these things !! It's coming let's make another thread like this when containers are added to remind the devs !!

Edited by Grapefruit kush

It's a good idea, and has been on the steam suggestion forum for well over a year. I'm hopeful it will be implemented.

It's a good idea, and has been on the steam suggestion forum for well over a year. I'm hopeful it will be implemented.

this has been on for eh 6 or 7 months, close enough.

its still would be a game changing mechanic.

Bump

Hopefully a Dev sees this, i would like to have this sooner or later so i can be able to get out of the rain and get warm.

Never thought about this concept before, but now that I have it in mind, it makes we want this feature more than any other feature in the game.

Never thought about this concept before, but now that I have it in mind, it makes we want this feature more than any other feature in the game.

it would be relatively easy to add and would make a great addition to the game.

Gr8 idea would want this so much!

do you think you could use the new hand drill in a house to start the fire? im gonna say maybe/no because its a tad bit of a hazard.

So i think my idea got in the latest Exp patch. first time i have had internet in 2 months.

200_s.gif

• Like 2