DURRHUNTER

Lighting Fires in Fireplaces inside homes.

Simply put, you should be able to light a fire inside a fireplace in a homestead. With barricading starting to begin, this could be a way to make a place to get warm and store gear..

Edit; as of .58EXP patch this feature I now in DayZ. I would like to thank everyone that contributes and supported my idea. Thank you so much! Happy camping in your shack in the woods!

Edited by DURRHUNTER
  • Like 25

DEVS LISTEN UP TO THIS SHIZ.

This is the best idea I've seen in a while, and I've wanted this for a while. Why would we have unusable fireplaces in most houses?

And to add on, we can cook more food in larger fireplaces and less in small ones, so if I barricade a large house with a large fireplace, my squad and I can potentially live there indefinitely

• Like 5

Best idea I've heard in ages. Now I want this xD Curse you for making me wait for more stuff, you horrid person.

Really hope a dev sees this....would only make sense

Some houses in Day Z have fire places in them with a chimney going out the roof. You should be able to make a fire in there instead of doing it on the floor. Once barricading is implemented it would be cool to be able to find a house and make it your own to live in by boarding up the windows, locking the door, making fires in the fire place and cooking food on it. Then we can live in houses we find instead of tents.

• Like 4

Agreed. Would be cool to come across a little house in the woods to call your own. Since, really, youd rather sleep in a perfectly good house than out in a tent when infected and bandits are roaming around lol

• Like 1

Also, instead of finding food and clothes randomly scattered everywhere, you should also be able to look inside fridges and cupboards for food, wardrobes for clothes and not only should you be able to find things in them you should be able to put things in them, the same way you put items in a tent. Then you can turn any house into an awesome base. Store your food in the cubourd, store spare clothes in the wardrobe, make a fire in the fire place, how awesome would this be?!

• Like 3

This is something i have been wanting for a looooong time now...

It's a time forsaken feature,but nevertheless part of the devs to do list.

Edit: On second thought,i think it's part of the features waiting for the new renderer before implementation.

They could as well go ahead with it now,but then light leaking out of the structure would be an undesirable effect.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

They have been throwing around the expression "world containers" somewhere in the roadmap. Q2 i believe, and i think that is a prerequisite for being able to make it happen.
I wouldn't be surprised if it is somewhere in the plans, along with base building and barricading. 

Here's to hoping.

Never thought about this, to be honest. But I really like the idea! should definately be added.

Really cool idea.

It would be so much more realistic to survive in an existing building using it's existing facilities than to build your own out of plywood.

The Epoch base building was fun and all, but really it makes no sense. I would never waste valuable calories building a huge base from scratch using salvaged materials, I'd just do up an existing house and maybe put a fence around it or something...

This would be nice. A nice little shack in the woods and use lockpicks to protect yourself from someone ambushing your camp. Would be nice to basically turn a lodge into a safehouse for survivors and go hunting, grow some crops and make a base out of it.

I tried this once thinking the devs would have put it in so was disappointed but yes, make the fireplaces useable and not only that but the stoves as well if they are wood burning ones. Can we also have animations for sitting in chairs and then finally, I want slippers and a pipe and I think I'm set :)

It's such a good suggestion it needs to be told twice at least but thank you for pointing out a thread that hasn't been replied to since Nov last year it's really helpful.

your welcome :)

Some houses in Day Z have fire places in them with a chimney going out the roof. You should be able to make a fire in there instead of doing it on the floor. Once barricading is implemented it would be cool to be able to find a house and make it your own to live in by boarding up the windows, locking the door, making fires in the fire place and cooking food on it. Then we can live in houses we find instead of tents.

Merged.

your welcome :)

Oh it's your thread lol - I thought you were being one of those obnoxious forum Nazi's that have to point out repeat threads even though it's been happening for the last 20 years, is never going to stop mainly because forum search engines are designed not to find the topic you want to post ;)

Apologies :)

• Like 1

Love it! There's no telling how many times I've gotten into a house soaking wet on a rainy day in this game. Maybe make it where it could attract zombies and other players as a cost though. I got the idea of it attracting zombies from a perceived plot hole in 28 Weeks Later.

Love it! There's no telling how many times I've gotten into a house soaking wet on a rainy day in this game. Maybe make it where it could attract zombies and other players as a cost though. I got the idea of it attracting zombies from a perceived plot hole in 28 Weeks Later.

This - it's stormy, you're cold, find a cottage all on it's on on a hill and build a fire, dry your clothes and cook some food :)

I wish more servers were day and night. Almost every server I've played on is totally day or totally night. 

• Like 1