CJFlint

Dynamic 3rd Person Camera

Hi,

Most players in DayZ stand alone are aware that in 3pp you are able to in some cases look around corners, and look over walls. To some this is not even an issue, to others its a minor issue (me), to a few some its a huge game killing issue. Regardless its the source of many long winded thread here on the forums and could fixed in a way keeping everyone happy, and not effecting game play that much. 

A simple mechanic called "dynamic camera" would correct this "peeking expliot" issue. When you walk up to a wall or large object, the camera zooms in, so you cannot look around it or over it. Almost like the camera sinces prox, and moves accordingly. Many games have this feature, and I think it should be prefect to be added to DayZ as well. This would pretty much cure the "peeking expliot".  People who enjoy 3pp view would not loss it, there would just not be the "peeking expliot" anymore.

Thanks!

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

I like peeking over walls so....

how_about_no.jpg

Thats cool....Well at least it was an entertaining picture :rolleyes:

Edited by CJFlint

What advantage does third person have over first person-only servers then?

Not everyone who plays first person plays on first person servers due to population and or friends.

The 3rd person view would still have the view it self, just not able to look over walls and around corners while close to them. Some consider it an expliot some an advantage.

To be honest when I 1st started playing dayz, I was already used to 3pp view being like that from playing arma and ofp. I never cared. But it has become an issue to some people on the forums, there are many who view at as an expliot. I kind of tworn honestly, but think dynamic camera would silence that debate. Simply doing away with being able to look around corners and over walls using the 3pp camera. A dynamic 3pp camera would do this and preserve 3pp view.

Edited by CJFlint

I would go for this, its pretty simple and could work. IMO if the devs do intend to change the camera they need to start now and try multiple variations as alpha goes on. Then we get loads of player data on which is good for 3pp players but will also pacify 1pp players that find themselves in a 3pp server :)

• Like 1

Having both perspectives to choose from. Actually the real question would be: Without peeking what is the advantage of playing on a first person server as opposed to playing on a third/first person server?

Having both perspectives to choose from. Actually the real question would be: Without peeking what is the advantage of playing on a first person server as opposed to playing on a third/first person server?

In first person servers, you have a early level playing field based on sight. Someone can't see you until you reveal yourself
  • Like 1

It would level things out, well at least for some people. I think for me it never really made that much of diference playing 1pp or 1pp/3pp servers, really other then having vis slightly restricited in 1pp. Its more of a perf for me then anything. I never really thought there was any adavatage either or.

But the peeking thing has got allot bad over blown attention here as being an expliot. Some people think its huge issue. This could to get rid of that debate for good!

Also there allot of us who like 3rd person, not becuase theres some advantage. It has no adavantage other then you can see your avatar which tons and tons of gamers like....Not all dayz players are FPS exclusive players. Infact the majority of dayz players are not. Thats why out of every 100 servers theres only like 2 1pp servers. 1pp  exclusive players are a small minority, most dable mainly in 3rd and sometimes play on 1pp.  Becuase I really strongly don't think 1pp exclusive players will get catored too anymore then they already have in the life time of this game. Don't even bother betting on it.

AND what I would like even more, IF and I mean IF this were added, is just maybe we can move on from it and by god just not talk about peeking anymore....How about that! It would also improve 3pp view with a cool dynamic cam....they really are pretty neat. 2 birds with one stone! Win Win

Edited by CJFlint

Yup all in favor for the devs to tweak the camera in order to ensure that peeking is impossible or at least vastly reduced.

This way people keep the perspective they enjoy and at the same time remove peeking what I believe is the single biggest game breaking in game aspect.

Everyone wins and the progress done to the camera can then be integrated into arma 3

Tbh the 3rd person exploit has been discussed many a time and the simple fact is a lot of players like having the ability to peek over and around obstacles.

I just play on 1st only...and i really wish a few more people would as well...it really does add to the immersion (if that is your thing of course)

Tbh the 3rd person exploit has been discussed many a time and the simple fact is a lot of players like having the ability to peek over and around obstacles.

I just play on 1st only...and i really wish a few more people would as well...it really does add to the immersion (if that is your thing of course)

Tbh the xray exploit has been discussed many a time and the simple fact is a lot of players like the ability to see through walls...

Wall peeking should hopefully be treated like any other exploit in the game.

Fixed and or given a workaround

Tbh the xray exploit has been discussed many a time and the simple fact is a lot of players like the ability to see through walls...

Wall peeking should hopefully be treated like any other exploit in the game.

Fixed and or given a workaround

You know, as much as we can complain about it I personally do not see them fixing it.  Same with the gamma exploit.