Insane Ruffles

Permanent Character Journals

When the Devs added in note writing, we saw an influx of creativity among the player base. However, instead of one paged notes, players should be able to write journals of their adventures, eventually crafting a truly unique story. The only problem with this is that no writer is going to waste their time creating a story only for it to be lost forever in some seemingly stupid/insignificant way. 

The way to solve this is to have a journal that carries through with all of your characters. For example, if I am in the middle of writing a journal, and I die, my new character can pick up where the story started off without losing it. Your new character would still have to find/craft a new journal, but as soon as they opened the new one up, everything would be there. This would greatly encourage players to keep a journal of their encounters/adventures in Dayz, and just imagine walking up to a player you killed and suddenly discovering their entire story. I believe it could create a unique reaction in the killer, making killing a player who keeps a journal much more intimate.

Finally, Journals should have the option of being carried on the hip where they don't take up too much space, or if not that, take up a 2x2 space.

P.S. This is something that either includes character persistence, or doesn't exist at all. Nothing will happen if people lose their work upon character death. Making just one thing persistent across all characters wouldn't break any immersion at all, in fact quite the contrary. It would greatly add to the immersion of the game, making death more meaningful than it was originally.

Edited by InsaneRuffles
  • Like 5

I really like this idea, but it would take too long to implement, and even though this game is slow paced, how long do you think people would like to sit down and actually write the dang thing

I really like this idea, but it would take too long to implement, and even though this game is slow paced, how long do you think people would like to sit down and actually write the dang thing

RP'ers will

I think it should be character exclusive. I want to read about the person I am eating

• Like 1

RP'ers will

Hello, as an avid Rp'er, along with my entire team, and the entire private shard for that matter. I wish to speak on behalf of all of us... WE WOULD LOVE THIS!!!! My team manages a trading outpost, and a journal would be perfect to keep track of everything that goes on!!! From the attacks we fend off, and who attacks us (three so far, mainly other outposts we compete with) to the inventory of items (gets messy, since we have a lot of runners :D). To even my personal notes on the effectiveness of the outpost! I really hope for something at least similar to be implemented

-Transmission Closed-

Could be quite a good addition to the game, well WHY not?