Sooden

Tent s on shoulders

I know the subject of tents on backpacks or on back has been posted before, but I wanted to make my idea clearly and not part of a thread that would confuse the topic

very simple, ability to place tent in primary weapon slot, or primary tool slot, one or the other, not both as that would look silly :P

some reasons for idea

- would not have to have a big backpack or pick one up in hands. Seem silly that your require carrying or backpack

- Over all looks. Not a fan of having a big backpack on all the time, nor would I want to carry a tent in my hand , just to have the option to have a tent on the move.

- Game play. Other players could see you have a tent and rob/kill you for it (or trade, yeh sure:P).

- Practical. Don't see why there should not be an option to place on shoulder slot (apart from the extra dev work)

- RP. living without backpack and just clothe item slots, with a tent on you back (don't comment on the RP if you not RPer, just no point)

- And... If weight effects or is going to effect player systems, your may want to reduce what you have to carry ('but how would a backpack add much extra weight?','... really? just give player the option')

I honestly like this idea, my character looks like a complete derp sprinting with a backpack in his hands, and how many people can do a full on sprint with a 2 man tent in their hands. 

I honestly like this idea, my character looks like a complete derp sprinting with a backpack in his hands, and how many people can do a full on sprint with a 2 man tent in their hands. 

How do you hold a Backpack in your hands ?  I did it with a tent but never a backpack.  

I wish they had a small sleeping bag too you could put down somewhere and then attach to your pack.

How do you hold a Backpack in your hands ?  I did it with a tent but never a backpack.  

I wish they had a small sleeping bag too you could put down somewhere and then attach to your pack.

Lol, sorry, I meant tent :D

Hi Guys,

I don't know if this idea was suggested before, but I think it would be common sense to be able to add the tent on your backpack (with the big mountain backpack only) like this :

event_20878785.jpeg

Or event like that :

P8130232.JPG

I mean, it would add more realism to this backpack since it's kind of a big one, and it's would be use for hiking and camping.. Also for player that don't want to settle somewhere for a long period, it would be just awesome to be able to move your camp with your tent on the back.

What do you think ?

I like this, but it would only work imho with a working weight system. Otherwise it's just adding another item to the carryable items, with no tradeoff.

They've already added a large military tent in experimental I believe, which is carried as a backpack over the shoulders

How many slots does it have?

How many slots does it have?

You can go on dayztv.com and check it out. I believe it will have a lot because by the looks of it, it can fit a small squad in there easily, maybe 5 people.

You can go on dayztv.com and check it out. I believe it will have a lot because by the looks of it, it can fit a small squad in there easily, maybe 5 people.

Really, I saw it was large, but THAT large....Exciting!