pxly1377

Bring back old dayz!

Ok soo after seeing all the demands i got frustrated and put up what i would think will make the best dayz experience. 

Soo when the dayz mod first got released it was mysterious didnt know where to go how to survive getting your first gun etc..

With the update 1.7.8 and soo on it ruins the mod bit by bit every update , infections , only 1 piece of loot being able to spawn , all the blood system is just shit in my opinion.

If you think back to when it first came out is was just much better than it is now. You can see by the amount of players that go on vanilla there are only about 8 servers with people and only three have pop over 10.

I would like it to go back to the old days now all you do is find a dmr in some barracks and its end-game , back then you would go and scout for heli crashes to find better equipment at least you would have more variety of guns.

So my suggestion would be to make two different copies of dayz mod one with the patch notes just before 1.7.7 and the other one which the smaller crew will work on.

DayZOld = 1.7.7 / DayzModNew = 1.8.0 and soo on.

After you release dayzOld you will see the increase of people coming back. The newer updates are more annoying than enjoyable.

This comes from a dayz veteran who plays since NOV/21/2012

On a side note , all my greatest experiences come from old dayz.

Edited by pxly1337
  • Like 1

Download it on steam the old versions have been available for quite some time for ppl who prefer the older versions.

Right click dayzMod

Select Properties

Select Betats Tab

Change beta version.

• Like 1

Download it on steam the old versions have been available for quite some time for ppl who prefer the older versions.

Right click dayzMod

Select Properties

Select Betats Tab

Change beta version.

Yeah now all we need is servers with + 10 ppl

After you release dayzOld you will see the increase of people coming back.

the old versions have been available for quite some time

Yeah now all we need is servers with + 10 ppl

Since the older versions have been available, you should be all over that increase of people you predicted. 

• Like 6

I was gonna say I see servers running older versions sometimes just make a dayz folder for a older version of the mod and jack into the matrix mate. Honestly from what I am seeing and I could be wrong, but seems like people prefer servers that offer more variety and things to do ingame. Log in hunt loot and pvp and repeat can get old after awhile. The servers that come across to me more mmo stylish seem to be the ones generating the most people. Atleast that is how it is looking on my end anyway.

Since the older versions have been available, you should be all over that increase of people you predicted. 

People dont know that you can load up previous updates , so there arent any servers up.

If people would have noticed that you could load up previous updates they would get that nostalgic feel of when they used to play back in the day, so they would look for servers and stary to play if there is any.

People know how to get the old versions.

If you're smart enough to host a Vanilla DayZ Mod Server these days you're smart enough to get older versions of DayZ Mod. It's not like it's a secret.

The nostalgic feeling doesn't have to do with the version you were playing, it's just nostalgia - nothing more.

• Like 3

If you're smart enough to host a Vanilla DayZ Mod Server these days you're smart enough to get older versions of DayZ Mod. It's not like it's a secret.

The nostalgic feeling doesn't have to do with the version you were playing, it's just nostalgia - nothing more.

The man holds a point.

The man holds a point.

Not really, he said "if you're smart enough" as you can see this is his 2nd thread asking for old UI  http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/218416-old-ui/  answered by Razor ( dayz mod stuff )  less that 2 weeks ago this thread, not smart enough, close it ? both maybe, sorry bother admins  ;)

Not really, he said "if you're smart enough" as you can see this is his 2nd thread asking for old UI  http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/218416-old-ui/  answered by Razor ( dayz mod stuff )  less that 2 weeks ago this thread, not smart enough, close it ? both maybe, sorry bother admins  ;)

Similar but not exactly the same, she can live.

Similar but not exactly the same, she can live.

you are the boss, but will keep the gun loaded, you know just in case 

• Like 1

you are the boss, but will keep the gun loaded, you know just in case 

Just send me a PM if you see anything out of line ;).

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

There's nothing wrong with the new version. In fact I find it allot more immersive then I did back when we had a debug monitor. I've been playing since the mod was first released and every update has improved the game

Returning to the previous updates will not bring back players together. I personally feel that the whole DayZ community and his behavior is speaking for itself:What do we see right now? 20 different mods with 20 different scattered communities, all working in their own direction. Now it's important to not get confused with a cause VS effect fallacy. People went their separate ways BECAUSE they wanted different things from the game. Not because the game got different in the first place.

Every player wants a different experience. The vanilla setting of the official DayZ mod is just appealing to a majority as much as it can. Personally I consider myself a hardcore player, and I'm looking forward to where the next updates will lead. Old school has to be old school, but up to a certain point, it has to stop. Otherwise we would still be living in the dark ages. Progress must be achieved.

• Like 2

DayZero ... everything else is a joke.

If that is your opinion, why are you hanging out here?

We have alot of players that used to play DayZero playing on our server. Vanilla can't be that off.

If that is your opinion, why are you hanging out here?

We have alot of players that used to play DayZero playing on our server. Vanilla can't be that off.

DayZero had the Ambience  that no other server has or will provide... 

DayZero had the Ambience  that no other server has or will provide... 

You know this is the suggestions thread, right? What are your suggestions for better Ambience in DayZ Mod?

I liked the random streetlights they (DayZero) had at night.

Edited by vinyljunkie

i'm not that keen on it to be fair 10 years after the population all died off  how is the power grid still active. Dean made a very good point about this when we got asked to remove the lights from the mod long ago back when we was looking for ways to improve the black nights.

i'm not that keen on it to be fair 10 years after the population all died off  how is the power grid still active. Dean made a very good point about this when we got asked to remove the lights from the mod long ago back when we was looking for ways to improve the black nights.

I hear ya.

Edited by vinyljunkie

You know this is the suggestions thread, right? What are your suggestions for better Ambience in DayZ Mod?

I liked the random streetlights they (DayZero) had at night.

also at night they had owls hooting wind thru the pines and the occasional coo coo bird call...