Sign in to follow this  
VermillionX

Broken view.

Hey guys,

So I log in today, no settings were changed and no matter what I do my view is completely screwed to the point that the game is almost unplayable.

My screen in 3rd person no longer shows me a view of my character's back, it shows the back of his head. Indoors, my view is almost completely obscured by my character's head.

In first-person view, my viewpoint is about 20cm forward of where it should be, i'm i'm only just barely able to see my chracter's knuckles and looks as though i'm zoomed in though i'm not, mouse movement is also sluggish and while running, my character has a tendency to snap his view upward for no reason.

Now before some wag says "change your FOV", i've already tried that. The settings are the same as they were yesterday and changing the FOV just makes it all fishbowl-y. I've deleted and redownloaded the entire game and still have the same problem.

122yxon.jpg

2yxn5ev.jpg

In the mod, you could change your FOV on the fly by pressing - and + on the numpad.

If you double tapped either of em, it would lock the setting, maybe that's an option to try, if you haven't already.

BTW, that kinda looks like the zoom-view when holding RMB (Right Mouse Button).

Did you try holding and then releasing RMB?

Edited by JohnnyColt

Tried all of the above.

I can RMB-zoom while in that state. Though all I get is an astounding view of my character's receeding hairline.

It doesn't. I tried all that long before I came here.

It's not a resolution problem, it's a camera placement problem. My camera is either stuck behind my character's head or on top of his hands.