SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

Experimental 0.51.125504 (Wed 20th Nov)

Survivors! 

This Wednesday's Experimental branch update should be downloading to your PCs now for those opt'ing in to this branch. Most of this weeks work has been on the programming and animation side, so you won't see any of that today. However there are several security, and content changes in today's branch update. 

Including, but not limited to: 

Improvised ghillie head piece 

Improvised ghillie chest piece 

Improvised camoflage for rifles 

Server side memory management bugfixing 

Addressed several issues with throwing of grenades 

General bugfixing for gameplay systems

As well as plenty of other changes, enhancements, modifications, and bug squashing that we'll let you all discover on your own. Experimental branch servers are temporarily not announcing restart schedules while we update the scheduling system to adapt to server side changes - so be careful out there! 

Per usual, every experimental branch update also includes a purge of the experimental hive - so don't be too concerned if you spawn in fresh.

• Like 9

Good to have this thread back. :)

But i dont feel like gaming now, will just watch how SepticFalcon does the job for me on twitch.

• Like 3

Wow!! This was unexpected!! Opting in and going to test it out!! Great news, thanks!! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Wow!! This was unexpected!!

What was unexpected? :p

By the way, for anyone who cares, the update is ~322 MB.

• Like 2

is anyone else having trouble when opting in to battleye and it just looping over and over an not downloading anything???

What was unexpected? :P

By the way, for anyone who cares, the update is ~322 MB.

Well, I have a soft spot for experimental. Since the first ever experimental branch, I always participated in every experimental patch there has been, and I wasn't expecting any experimental for a few weeks. So I'm happily surprised!

• Like 1

is anyone else having trouble when opting in to battleye and it just looping over and over an not downloading anything???

Fixed now. Re-verify your files.

• Like 2

Well, I have a soft spot for experimental. Since the first ever experimental branch, I always participated in every experimental patch there has been, and I wasn't expecting any experimental for a few weeks. So I'm happily surprised!

Don't blame us, we even spammed the stable discussion with the announcement that an update is incoming :D

So I tried to log in just now and got the Battleye issue, then I ran into MAJOR graphical hiccups, and now I can't seem to get out of a loop where the game keeps re-launching itself.... Umm, okay...

EDIT: ...and despite leaving my Steam client open all day, Steam also decided that updating in the middle of all of this was the best time. Ugh.

EDIT 2: Now my anti-virus swears DayZ is malware and keeps trying to get rid of it. Awesome.

Edited by Tatanko

So I tried to log in just now and got the Battleye issue, then I ran into MAJOR graphical hiccups, and now I can't seem to get out of a loop where the game keeps re-launching itself.... Umm, okay...

EDIT: ...and despite leaving my Steam client open all day, Steam also decided that updating in the middle of all of this was the best time. Ugh.

Re-verify your files. The BattlEye issue has been fixed.

No more 1PP experimental servers... :(  (It's just a matter of taste, but I really like 1PP for immersion purposes.)

• Like 6

Yeah, my anti-virus quarantined Dayz.exe too. <_<

edit:

MX6F7O8.jpg

Edited by Exorade
  • Like 2

Re-verify your files. The BattlEye issue has been fixed.

My problem seems to be more complicated than that. Currently deleting my anti-virus (seriously) and attempting to fix the issue. Not sure what the hell they did to make my anti-virus think DayZ is malware though, considering that's NEVER been an issue before.

Not sure what the hell they did to make my anti-virus think DayZ is malware though, considering that's NEVER been an issue before.

Well duh, it happened after I changed the client to experimental. Therefore it's the exp patch.

edit:

MX6F7O8.jpg

Just re-allow it.

EDIT: Also for you, Tatanko

Edited by ChainReactor

edit:

MX6F7O8.jpg

False positive, its active anticheat system. Should be gone within hours from avast list.

• Like 1

Just re-allow it.

EDIT: Also for you, Tatanko

False positive, its active anticheat system. Should be gone within hours from avast list.

I reported it as such, but it still didn't fix the issue for me. I just kept re-downloading it and it repeatedly threw it into quarantine even after identifying it as a false positive. So for the time being I just uninstalled the anti-virus (Avast, btw).

Also now that I have that issue seemingly taken care of, I'm STILL getting the Battleye message. I even verified my cache as instructed.

Edited by Tatanko

If I click "NO" on the Battleye message, it seems to let me load the game okay. It also seems to initialize Battleye in-game just fine once I've joined a server.

Now the problem is that every server I join gives me the "Could not connect to central hive" message...

Also, has anyone else noticed that every server is nighttime currently? Night is good in balance, but if that's how Experimental is going to be 24/7 I'm not so sure I'll be playing much of it this time around.

Now the problem is that every server I join gives me the "Could not connect to central hive" message...

Maybe its just the message just like in current stable ?

Also, i suspect them to let the servers start at night because probably something light related has changed. New items or textures perhaps.

Maybe its just the message just like in current stable ?

Also, i suspect them to let the servers start at night because probably something light related has changed. New items or textures perhaps.

Gotcha. Totally possible. I didn't get that message at all on 0.50 Stable, so I have no idea what the wording was like or anything.

I, too, assume there's a reason for everything to be nighttime. The more confusing part is the lack of 1PP servers  :huh: