Sign in to follow this  
Zing Freelancer

Powdered milk + water bottle

Okay so I heard about this bone health bug where your spine bone will deteriorate after taking damage and then eventually snap causing instant death. Then I thought to myself, ever since I have seen powdered milk in dayz, I wanted to take a water bottle and mix myself a milk like substance to drink.

I am unsure if this has been suggested before, but wouldn't it be cool if we could take a package of powdered milk, a water bottle filled with water and mix these two together? Then drinking it would hydrate you and provide your body with calcium to heal damaged/broken bones over time!

This will also make water bottles valuable in its own way compared to water canteens and canned drink.

Edited by Zing Freelancer
  • Like 5

What if you're lactose-intolerant?

Then you would eat fish instead.

If that fails, adding calcium tablets or something similar should be possible.

Finally having that kind of feature in the game would be pretty cool, but just as meaningless as having different blood types.

• Like 2

Okay so I heard about this bone health bug where your spine bone will deteriorate after taking damage and then eventually snap causing instant death. Then I thought to myself, ever since I have seen powdered milk in dayz, I wanted to take a water bottle and mix myself a milk like substance to drink.

I am unsure if this has been suggested before, but wouldn't it be cool if we could take a package of powdered milk, a water bottle filled with water and mix these two together? Then drinking it would hydrate you and provide your body with calcium to heal damaged/broken bones over time!

This will also make water bottles valuable in its own way compared to water canteens and canned drink.

1. Its not a bug.

2. There are no bone health bug.

3. There are no spine bone.

4. So there are no deterioration, because there are nothing to deteriorate.

5. They don't snap causing instant death, because they don't exist.

However milk shake from powdered milk and water was suggested many many many times before by many many many people. In great variety, boiled, with rice, canned spaghetti, etc.

Now please let me make it crystal clear for you, so you can understand.

In DayZ 0.49 there was an effect of instant death when on full health and blood from very minor damage.

It is believed was first discovered and published by Wobo in his famous video.

In this video he suggested explanation, as spinal bone sudden fracture, which is entirely wrong.

Again, effect existed, Wobo explanation was unfounded. I don't know why he did it. I did try contact him, didn't happened.

Why Wobo explanation is wrong: because there are no any variables in DayZ, persistent or not, about any spinal bone, or any spinal fracture. None.

Why an effect of instant death when on full health and blood from very minor damage did exist ?

There are 5 persistent Hit Points for players and zombies: Head, Body, Hands, Legs and Feet. Hit Points are totally separate from blood and health.

Hit Points are used in damage assessment and persistently accumulate overall damage, never regen or reset for current spawn life.

Hit Points initialized only at new spawn after previous death.

In 0.49 accumulation was done thru RV Poseidon generic damage, which in turn was causing insta-death when reach critical limit.

During 0.49 every day few players reported this effect in different situations.

In 0.50 it seems that was corrected. I didn't do sufficient testing yet, but since 0.50 release I don't remember single insta-death complain, which is good. I think )

In 0.50 Hit Points are much more developed than ever before, they are everywhere when any damage occur.

So insta-death on full health issue coming to its natural end.

Any questions?

• Like 1

Actually powdered milk is like garbage, most of them which are sold don't have more than 40% real milk. (my guess) here's the proven results:

36% protein, 52% carbohydrates (predominantly lactose), calcium 1.3%, potassium 1.8%.

Woah, that's low.

Anyway, I rather milk cows.
Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 1

I am with you 100% on this!!!!

• Like 1

What if you're lactose-intolerant?

I guess we will have to find cows that give Soy or Almond Milk ;)

• Like 2