Sign in to follow this  
Schweinsteiger

Thoughts on the new .50 Update...

Hey guys,

So far so good.

I've found duct tape and it can be used (it has a percentage value now) though I haven't used it yet. I found some wire, not sure what it will be used for (maybe barricading?). Shoes seem fine, no super speedy wearing out for me yet. New running animation makes you look a bit like a monkey running down the street but it's cool. New running animation with the .357 is pretty cool (one-handed). Still haven't found a lock-picking set yet, I didn't see any new weapons but I was only on for about 40 minutes and wasn't really looking. The Mosin cheat is gone. No more super-steady aim when walking forward so that's good.

Temps seem fine. I got cold, started shaking so I switched to a puffy jacket and I warmed up instantly.

Share your thoughts.

-Schweinsteiger.

Edited by Schweinsteiger

I've run 500 yards in my otherwise pristine military boots. They are now damaged. Also, it's raining in Chernarus. And I am 'rapidly warming up.'

Great job guys. No, really, it's awesome.

• Like 3

I think the wire is for rabbit snares

1) I have checked  5 wells and none of them are working (make sure you have some water purification tabs)

2) Compasses are not working as far  as I can tell its always pointing North.

2) getting hot after a bit of running works very well except that taking your jacket off and remaining motionless doesn't work too cool you off....unless you drink water...even if your hydration level is in the green.

4)Brass knuckles do add to your punching power. I killed a Zed with two punches to the head.

I'm sure they are debugging as we speak. 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

So far so good.

I've found duct tape and it can be used (it has a percentage value now) though I haven't used it yet. I found some wire, not sure what it will be used for (maybe barricading?). Shoes seem fine, no super speedy wearing out for me yet. New running animation makes you look a bit like a monkey running down the street but it's cool. New running animation with the .357 is pretty cool (one-handed). Still haven't found a lock-picking set yet, I didn't see any new weapons but I was only on for about 40 minutes and wasn't really looking. The Mosin cheat is gone. No more super-steady aim when walking forward so that's good.

Temps seem fine. I got cold, started shaking so I switched to a puffy jacket and I warmed up instantly.

Share your thoughts.

-Schweinsteiger.

The wire is for making rabbit snares. Take wire and add it to a stick, don't know if it works yet.

I, personally, have no issues with the running animations. I ran Varsity-level track, and to me, the current running animations look like the "form" of a tired individual not used to running long distance. It took 2 years of mental training for me to not bob my head from side to side and keep my arms up and tight. So, yes, it does look weird, but so do people when they run and aren't in distance-shape. Fatigue is a real thing, and it has effects on your form.

I picked up a spare pair of shoes when I switched to Experimental. I spawned in Solnichny, ran to Berezino, and back to Solnichny, with zero degradation to my shoes. 

How did you not find a lock-pick set? Those things are EVERYWHERE! : P

You may have to do a bit better than that fanboi.

I've seen people say combat/jungle/and hiking are the best, no one mentioned military boots.  Might have to change out.  Also I think this is their way of controlling sprinting indefinitely?  I believe if you just jog then they take much less damage.  Have not been on to confirm yet.  My first course of action is to find duct tape.

I think the wire is for rabbit snares

1) I have checked  5 wells and none of them are working (make sure you have some water purification tabs)

2) Compasses are not working as far  as I can tell its always pointing North.

2) getting hot after a bit of running works very well except that taking your jacket off and remaining motionless doesn't work too cool you off....unless you drink water...even if your hydration level is in the green.

4)Brass knuckles do add to your punching power. I killed a Zed with two punches to the head.

I'm sure they are debugging as we speak. 

This sounds really noob-ish.  But what exactly do you need water purification tablets for?  I should also add in: are we at risk of over heating if we don't drink/cool off after travelling for awhile?   I can't wait to jump on tonight and try this shit out!

Edited by Grundlesmuggler

Has anyone learned to what extent you can repair your shoes/boots? Clothes can be repaired to Worn, for example.

Wire can also be used to make an improvised fishing trap. Use a knife on a plastic bottle, use the wire on the bottle, put some worms in it, you may need a stick. Walk out into the ocean about knee deep and place the trap. Leave if for a few minutes and come back and you got some sardines

• Like 2

This sounds really noob-ish.  But what exactly do you need water purification tablets for?  I should also add in: are we at risk of over heating if we don't drink/cool off after travelling for awhile?   I can't wait to jump on tonight and try this shit out!

To.....purify drinking water? Eventually, the water found in ponds and streams will not be safe to drink without treating. Either boil it (not implemented yet), or dump some treatment tabs in it.

Has anyone learned to what extent you can repair your shoes/boots? Clothes can be repaired to Worn, for example.

That's a great point that no one had realised until you pointed it out.

Seems like duck tape only fixes them to damaged status, while the leather sewing kit repair them to worn, pretty much like the normal sewing kit for the clothes. (The leather sewing kit degrades somewhat fast imo, but it still depends on the state of the item you're fixing.)

I don't seem to have problems with my brown military boots. I ran for about 6 to 7 km and they're still prisitne.

• Like 1

I'm finding loot to be very very odd...

I understand why it's everywhere currently but on a low pop server I went through like 5+ towns and the whole NW airfield plus a new military base(not sure how new)

Within like 20 minutes I had a dry bag and more food than I could possibly need plus EVERYTHING pristine, which is just fabulous.

Currently I have a yellow raincoat, drybag and summer hunter pants or something so I basically never get wet and actually overheat in the rain if I run around too much, I also have like 1 space in my inventory even with a high cap vest.

About 10 tins of food, first aid kit, rice, threw away some cereal, two canteens, lockpick, sewing kit, leather stiching kit. Plus a few other bits and pieces like duct tape.

But in all that, I found barely any ammo at all, couple of boxes of the 380 or whatever ammo and some shotgun shells was all I found before getting to a military base then the airfield.

In the airfield I found about 60 Mosin rounds and some other ammo types but there was still barely any all in all about 100 rounds of ammo.

What's that all about? Food and guns galore but barely any ammo, I covered a large part of the map too and very popular locations, where loot seems to spawn in buckets so it's quite likely that the ammo I found is a lot of all the ammo on the server, unless it's all cramped in one house for someone to find.

Other than that it's been awesome I played for like 3 hours, didn't crash at all a few FPS drops here and there but not one crash before it would sometimes do it after less than a minute.

The game seems to look better too not sure how haven't changed any settings.

Ran around 10k and my boots are still pristine. Either it's a bug or they were damaged by zombies.

@Mookie: Why are you acting like it's not possible to be wet and hot? I believe this is set in summertime whereas last build was fall time. Doesn't take long to get hot if you're sprinting around - and as long as you aren't overheating you should be fine.

Edited by solodude23

I've run 500 yards in my otherwise pristine military boots. They are now damaged.

You are having flashbacks - this was the case in the former experimental build. In stable you are only experiencing boot degradation as a long term survivor (as it should be). Or you hit a bug - recall the circumstances and report then.

Also, it's raining in Chernarus.

Its autumn - what did you expect?

And I am 'rapidly warming up.'

Had this for some time but I never really made it to "Hot" - so it probably depends on movement. Edited by Evil Minion

Its autumn - what did you expect?

Had this for some time but I never really made it to "Hot" - so it probably depends on movement.

I believe this one is set in sometime in summer which is why it seems so much warmer than the previous stable build. I know a DEV said that somewhere but I'm too lazy to find it now.

To.....purify drinking water? Eventually, the water found in ponds and streams will not be safe to drink without treating. Either boil it (not implemented yet), or dump some treatment tabs in it.

So....it has no use now.  Since all water is safe to drink yes?

Interesting, so I currently have mil boots on my stable avatar, still waiting for my patch to download. How long will they last?......God dam I just hope this isn't going to be like that weather hot fix..end up getting dicked over looking for boots all the time LOL  :o

I did play not play exp for .50, so I'm kind of excited to see the new mil base. I will NOT be exploring the new bunker thank you vary much!

Edited by CJFlint

Wire can also be used to make an improvised fishing trap. Use a knife on a plastic bottle, use the wire on the bottle, put some worms in it, you may need a stick. Walk out into the ocean about knee deep and place the trap. Leave if for a few minutes and come back and you got some sardines

that sounds bad asser'n hell boy lemme tell you what

I manage to play for a little bit just now. The game FPS still in between 0-25 depend where you at. Once I come back from work will give it a go again.

You need outrageous amounts of water to keep the temperature down. 

I like it but I also noticed none of the water pumps work. Has anyone else tried them in .50?

I like it but I also noticed none of the water pumps work. Has anyone else tried them in .50?

Yes, they don't work.