Sign in to follow this  
haxborn

So, are vehicles coming in 0.50 or not?

Hi, I read a post before with upcoming features or something I believe where they stated: implementation of the *** vehicle. Which was a truck of some sort.

Does that mean it will be added in the 0.50 update? Or just an upcoming feature we will see within the next few patches? The information of that isn't really that clear.

As I play dayz alot but grow bored after a couple of hours each time which puts me of the game for days, a vehicle would change the game into something me and most of my friends will play non stop for weeks if not months. So does anyone know!?

• Like 1

It's not on the experimental build as far as I've seen do unless it's a stealth release with no testing it's not happening yet.

Probably another couple of patches, maybe first ones to hit experimental around Xmas/january sort of time at the earliest imo

The V3S truck. They're making exciting progress on it. Brand new physics engine and a lot more.

The info about it is on the DevTracker board titled Twitter / Peter: Vroom Vroom (Vehicle Preview)

Its not in experimental and we haven't be flat out told, so your guess is as good as anyone's.

Yes check the Dev Tracker section of these forums, vehicles are coming very soon.

There is not a chance they will push the truck directly to stable without experimental testing.  They will increase the spawns of essential items to get the trucks working so the small experimental population can test them.

There is not a chance they will push the truck directly to stable without experimental testing.  They will increase the spawns of essential items to get the trucks working so the small experimental population can test them.

"The small experimental population" will be run over by OMG VEHICLES hypers though once they are in. :P

There is no way that the V3S will make it into 0.50. It most likely won't be 0.51 either. My best guess is 0.52 around Christmas time, possibly January.

• Like 2

"The small experimental population" will be run over by OMG VEHICLES hypers though once they are in. :P

I know, right?

The current experimental testers (you know, us who join experimental to find the new items and test them and feedback the results/issues) wont even be able to join the Exp servers with all the vehicle slags trying to get in.  Then once their vehicles are wiped with a new exp update, they will be apoplectic :)

Edited by Beav

The game barely handles the loot tables trying to respawn. How in Jesus, Mary, and Joseph could the current game handle working 3 ton trucks?

Is this thread a joke?

The game barely handles the loot tables trying to respawn. How in Jesus, Mary, and Joseph could the current game handle working 3 ton trucks?

Is this thread a joke?

game dosent need to handle anything in alpha...thats for beta to handle

Hi, I read a post before with upcoming features or something I believe where they stated: implementation of the *** vehicle. Which was a truck of some sort.

Does that mean it will be added in the 0.50 update? Or just an upcoming feature we will see within the next few patches? The information of that isn't really that clear.

As I play dayz alot but grow bored after a couple of hours each time which puts me of the game for days, a vehicle would change the game into something me and most of my friends will play non stop for weeks if not months. So does anyone know!?

Here is a picture of it if you have not  seen it yet from the official Dev tracker. Looks like a good group vehicle for clans and squads if you ask me. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/214343-twitter-peter-vroom-vroom-vehicle-preview/

• Like 1

Is this thread a joke?

I dont think the weight or size of the truck is of any consequence.  A truck is basically an object, like a fireplace kit or a player.  Its just that the object can move and is affected by physics.

Comparing a functioning truck to dynamic persistence loot spawning is apples vs oranges

Is this thread a joke?

And this a constructive post, how?

Tell me, did you come to whine or contribute?

Is this thread a joke?

Ehm, like the weight of the object effects its ability to spawn correctly? Or whats your point?

OT, I believe they will implent it soon aswell, maybe in the next experimental to keep up the hype and get people buying the alpha as winter approaches.

Wouldnt surprise me since they seem very uneven in the way they develop the game. While important parts such as falling out from walls or zombies still being able to run trough objects are present, they still continue to develop items and features which makes the game NO better than it is. I mean how important was the implementation of a cattle pod? or different ways of colouring a weapon? Not complaining, just saying..

• Like 1

I mean how important was the implementation of a cattle pod? or different ways of colouring a weapon? Not complaining, just saying..

Generally, Alpha releases are for adding, testing features. Beta begins once the game is "feature complete" and focuses more on bugs, stability and performance.

Generally, Alpha releases are for adding, testing features. Beta begins once the game is "feature complete" and focuses more on bugs, stability and performance.

exactly.. and thats why a vehicle could be possible within the next or soon to come patches.

exactly.. and thats why a vehicle could be possible within the next or soon to come patches.

Wow! You're really deceiving yourself. You want it so bad you've convinced yourself it is imminent when it's not. We will not see vehicles for at least two more months, i.e., after the new year. That's my estimate/opinion. It would be nice if they arrived sooner but don't kid yourself, think later rather then sooner. If you keep your expectations down you be less likely to be disappointed.

There is no way that the V3S will make it into 0.50. It most likely won't be 0.51 either. My best guess is 0.52 around Christmas time, possibly January.

I would say this is a good estimate.

I know, right?

The current experimental testers (you know, us who join experimental to find the new items and test them and feedback the results/issues) wont even be able to join the Exp servers with all the vehicle slags trying to get in.  Then once their vehicles are wiped with a new exp update, they will be apoplectic :)

It's already difficult to join an Experimental server at times between the servers crashing (and not coming back) and new features causing an increased interest. I sincerely hope that the server crashing issues (the long-term ones, not the quick resets) are sorted out before this happens. I'm also hoping they add a few more servers to the Experimental group for additional capacity, but they obviously need to work out existing issues before they go throwing more servers at the problem.

Edited by Tatanko

No they won't be ready for this update, i think the next update is one to look forward to though if a vehicle is the thing you think is lacking from this game.

they still continue to develop items and features which makes the game NO better than it is. I mean how important was the implementation of a cattle pod? or different ways of colouring a weapon?

Camoflaging my weapons is important, yo. Don't be hatin'.

In regards to original topic question, as people have stated before: It must hit experimental before it releases on stable, so it is extremely doubtful vehicle(s) will be released in patch 0.50.

I have giving a lot of thought over this vehicle everyone is leaving for epoch renting a server in the current state of dayz is pointless my population numbers have dwindled with the release of epoch two weeks away it will only get smaller. This will be the last month of my server until vehicles are released hope it all pans out best wishes Dean and Crew.

Yeah well I like to keep my expectations high since they've had over 1 year of alpha testing and I want my cars :(

No but seriously, this is the way me and 90% of my 10~ something friends that own this game feels when playing.

Game is OK, its Alpha but really fun already. What makes us stop playing is that when we finally spend more than 1 day, is that the end game has no "sub goals".

Sure we get fully geared within 3 hours easilly if we're a group of 3-5 people. And then what? We raid an airfield, sometimes there is 1-2 campers which always gets one of us with a sniper, we take him out, hold the area until our friend arrives, then continue walking.. and we always wander around asking eachother, what should we do?

It usually ends up in raiding stuff or camping a big city for bandits, but after an hour or so one by one quits the game saying "actually, this sucks, I cant spend hours with the only reward being 1-10 min gunfight. Then wait AGAIN. If there were vehicles in the game we would find one, and fight for it, while some people hunt for parts, it would make the game so much more enjoyable. But well, guess fanboys will be hating again but sure go back to your clown masks, fish gathering (which is so pointless since you can loot food for weeks in 1 small village) and running marathons to move to another area.

Im out.

In other words, I'm tragically in love with this game.

• Like 1

A truck as first vehicle? Why not a quad bike...

Because they wanted to make the most complex vehicle to make sure everything was working before developing simpler vehicles