toppa102

ArmA 2 OA Servers not working

So i have stopped DayZ Mod for like 3 months until my friends bought it and now first when i join some server it says Wait for host and then Cannot connect to host.  And we are all from finland 2 of my friends can join and 2 cant...

Gamespy is dead and both Arma2OA and dayzmod are available on Steam now.

You didn't tell us if you bought the games via Steam or not. If not, you have to add your existing ArmA games to your Steam account and activate the license key.

The common procedure is this one to play dayzmod for new comers:

Go to Steam, buy download and install ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA. Play each game in this order at least once (it will activate the games and setup the license keys).
Go to Steam, download install "arma 2: dayz mod" game, it's free if you have both ArmA games.
If you have already installed dayzmod via Steam, check the local game content of this game (right click with your mouse on the game > Properties > Local files > Verify integrity), Steam will automatically detect corrupted files and fix them.You can check also the integrity of both Arma2 games.
Don't use Dayz launcher yet. Don't tweak any parameters via Steam UI.
Launch Dayzmod game from Steam window, connect to a vanilla dayz mod server: on the multiplayer screen (server list) you should find "dayzmod" in the mission name, and "1.8.2" in the server name
If you can play vanilla dayzmod, but you want to play other mods of dayzmod, you can use dayzlauncher (don't use dayzcommander, this tool has issues). Contact the vendor of the tool or the vendor of the mod for any help.
Edited by facoptere
  • Like 1

i have bought this from steam i have done all those steps already but problem is i just cant join servers or once i get to server im not on any team and cant press ok and if i press disconnect then game freezes...

i have bought this from steam i have done all those steps already but problem is i just cant join servers or once i get to server im not on any team and cant press ok and if i press disconnect then game freezes...

Could you try what is written there: http://steamcommunity.com/app/224580/discussions/0/620695877411315163/