Sign in to follow this  
johnjiggles

Kicking,Stomping And Cutting Branches

I think the ablity to kick and stomp would be awesome kicking a zombie onto the ground then stomping on its head to kill it.

and cutting off branches with a machete would give you sticks on the pine trees but ashwoodsticks on ashwoodstick trees.

at the moment you can put sticks on the fireplaces so you only need a knife in the wild to make a fireplace but if we could cut branches off the ashwoodtrees it would lower

the reason to get an axe their fore making other melee weapons an option, because we need an axe to survive at the moment and i think it should be like that it should be

we can use any melee weapon we want

Stomping idea sounds a bit good, although I imagine it looking weird though, I don't know why.

And I think it'd be good if we could use other melee weapons, but if your using a knife I think it should take a lot longer, maybe a long timed animation, because with a knife you can't cut a branch in one hit.

Also, when you post, pay attention to grammar please. Had trouble reading your post a bit, sorry If my reply is wrong or if your not native to the english language

Considering the fact that those are not half rotten undead. You might find it hard to smash their skull with stomping.  

no stylish kungfu things, but a simple somewhat brutal kick to the knees or stomach.. possibility to break a leg or make the target puke

ps: if this has been already suggested i didn't see it... i'm not referring to dead bodies or things, but another fight move along the punching

*scrolls over to kick door*

*Busts the door with a loud crash and catches a camper unaware*

no stylish kungfu things, but a simple somewhat brutal kick to the knees or stomach.. possibility to break a leg or make the target puke

ps: if this has been already suggested i didn't see it... i'm not referring to dead bodies or things, but another fight move along the punching

Merged and agreed, a kick to create space or put a player onto their back would be nice.  Limitations on height and kicking abilites would be an obvious factor as new spawns head punching is quite brutal.  Throw in roundhouse kicks as suggested above and you will see plenty of we are not all Jean Claude Van Damme complaints on here and reddit.

I don't know about roundhouse kicks, something tell me it will be a hitbox nightmare in pvp. But otherwise I like the idea of being able to use your feet to break branches and it might be nice for melee purposes. Although i'd prefer they fixed pretty much everything else about melee before hand.

I don't know about roundhouse kicks, something tell me it will be a hitbox nightmare in pvp. But otherwise I like the idea of being able to use your feet to break branches and it might be nice for melee purposes. Although i'd prefer they fixed pretty much everything else about melee before hand.

You don't fix things if you are going to add new features, because those new feature might break something while being added and you end up in add / fix / add / fix loop . You add all the features and functions and than you fix all. 

^ By fix I didn't mean fix bugs, but do whatever it takes to make it less of silly twitch system.

I know what you mean, and this is I responded to, they won't fix most bugs until everything is in place, they will only fix the bigger ones. 

I don't think you do... Again I am not commenting on how buggy the system is, but that its current design is very poor, something that even after bug fixing wont change... because even if they addressed most of the common complaints about melee, it will still be run in circles twitch hitter.