TheFarm

Christmas Ceasefire

Most of you already know what it is. Last winter when the standalone was launched there was a ceasefire but most players did not know about it until it was over. Lets fix that for this year?

This is not a single server/day event, and is not strictly about celebrating christmas. This is a multiple day ceasefire across all servers. Hopefully this will encourage mature players to fight less, if only for the last week of december.

Edited by TheFarm
  • Like 2

We're still a little ways away from Christmas buddy.

Did you know there was also a ceasefire between the Germans and Russians to hunt wolves as they were becoming a large problem?

I`m all for that, you cease, I fire.

Now on a serious note, this idea is doomed to begin with.

Edited by ValentinBk
  • Like 3

I`m all for that, you cease, I fire.

Yeah there's always going to be a bunch of dicks who'll take it as an opportunity to kill everyone.

Imagine if they'd added cars by then wouldn't it be awesome if nobody fought and we all just had drag races round gas stations and cities instead? Or if they added drinkable alcohol get drunk and fist zombies while naked.

I mean fist in every sense of the word.

Really though would be cool to see but not going to happen there's always going to be some random foreigners who don't come here or use Reddit etc to find out.

Unless they put a message on the game saying that since it's the holidays(lest Jews and such be angry) people should have some fun AND THEN EVERYONE GETS A PARTY HAT

I'll Christmas ceasefire :) I'm strong enough to enjoy the holidays and not fight back for one day :) !

Last year it worked pretty well, and there was only a few days notice. With 2 months notice I am hoping more people will participate.

The thing is, last christmas most idiotic teens 12-14 didn't have DayZ standalone.

By now I'm sure they all begged their parents money and now those squeakers you always here will decide to be "clever" and ruin this peaceful day.

Assuming I play during the 'ceasefire' I'll make no change to my actions.  I won't shoot anyone on sight, but I'm not going to run up to random people with a can of food yelling, "Mele Kalikimaka!"

EVERYONE GETS A PARTY HAT

It would be cool if they added santa hats (or even full costumes) for people to find during the christmas period. They could take them out of the game afterwards.

The thing is, last christmas most idiotic teens 12-14 didn't have DayZ standalone.

Yes but it is pretty easy to figure out if youre dealing with one of them in game. Same as always, don't expect anyone to be friendly and be careful.

Edited by TheFarm

It would be cool if they added santa hats (or even full costumes) for people to find during the christmas period. They could take them out of the game afterwards.

Or Santa zombies, lol.

Give the kids playing some nightmares.

• Like 1

I will be no where near my computer on Christmas to participate. If I am not working (Which I might) I will most definitely be with my family or traveling between family and meal events. 

But this could be a good feels for those few who follow. Maybe all 6 of them.

I don't bother with holidays, so I'll be killing as much as i do now: poor attempts to be friendly or passive, but kill any i run into a player with their gun out.

It's what Jesus would've wanted.

Edited by Abram_

Another problem with this is cross the international dateline and Christmas is a day ahead of the rest of the world.....so 2 day cease fire? Btw, atheists allowed to KOS? Sweet.

Ok im going to explain in the OP how this worked last year. Alot of confusion.

Btw, atheists allowed to KOS?

Ceasefire is ceasefire - a completely man-made truce. It doesn't matter what deity you believe in. Its just you and your morals with nothing to hide behind.

• Like 1