Roger_Shrubz

15 minutes, then "no message received"

Hi all!

I have literally searched and googled and tried to fix this problem for ages now but no joy.

DayZ Mod works fine, but Standalone seems to have a problem with allowing me to play for more than 15 minutes, it is pretty exact 15 minutes by the ways as I use a stop watch everytime I log straight into a server.

I am currently on experimental build 0.50, but even if I revert back to 0.49 I still get the same 15 minutes of gameplay, followed by the "no message received" of agony.

the steps I have tried to fixing this problem as follows (get ready lol)

- deleting battleye folder from dayz location and then using steam to validate game cache and re-download the beclient.dll file.

- deleting battleye beclient.dll from dayz/battleye, then manually downloading latest beclient.dll from their website

- checking zonealarm for blocks, deleted all controlled programs and set to manual so I can make sure they are being allowed, then final resort, turned it off.

- done the same to avast as I did to zonealarm and both together, checked to see if any blocks and finally turned off avast.

- checked my belkin router settings, and I made sure I assigned a I.P address to my pc and created a DDOS/Firwall exception so I did not get interference from my router, also restarted router

- restarted pc (windows 7 64 bit)

- uninstalled DayZ and reinstalled

- reverted my windows updates back to beginning of october as I know it was perfectly fine before then.

I also emailed battleye today so I hope to hear from them at some point as im not sure if its their version causing issues, which makes no sense as I have played 0.49 for 2 hours or more solid with no problems.

One way or the other, I am running pretty much out of ideas, but I bet my bad luck is that someone has done one of the above or all of them, then got it to work >.< lol.

Cheers

Roger

No message received is generally caused by the server crashing, nothing you can do about it unfortunately, it's why the latest build didn't make it to stable. 

Edited by Fluxley

As much as I want to believe its server side issues, it is not, I can check server within 1 minute by reloading the game and I see exact names in the players list when I join.

I would like to hear from the experimental members and find out how long they have been able to play for? I see a handful of people seem to experience this type of issue, maybe they will post up soon >.< lol

cheers

Roger

I also did forget to say in beginning post that I consistently stayed on a certain server (1st person) to fault find this problem, after that I started trying other servers and still produces exact problem, experimental or stable :(

cheers

Roger

I am just about to revert back to stable 0.49, and try a non persistence server, will hopefully be able to post up some more info soon

cheers

Roger

well shamefully still same problem on persistence and non persisence 0.49 stable servers.

If anyone has this same problem please post up!

cheers

Roger

Edited by Roger_Shrubz

You might try and contact your internet service provider and ask them to check.

Might not sound very helpful but as far as I can see, you should.

Hey buddy, I literally had the same prolbem for month and also started a post. I think i might have found a fix, you have to update ur BEclient.dll but not in the normal DayZ directory but it the appdata folder.

For mor info check my post: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/214027-losing-connection-to-server/

Cheers, Nosch!

Hi Nosch!

shamefully just tried that now and no luck, my beclient.dll file sizes are 584kb large by the ways if that helps out in any way.

cheers

Roger

You might try and contact your internet service provider and ask them to check.

Might not sound very helpful but as far as I can see, you should.

Hi Boneboys!

Yeah I will try this aswell, wierd thing is that DayZ 0.49 worked perfectly fine about 5 days ago :(

cheers

Roger

You sure u checked the rihgt folder? Since there are 2 DayZ folders, one on the normal steampath, the other one ist located in C:\Users\Nosch\AppData\Local\DayZ. The second one is the correct one here, I simply deleted the whole BE-Folder and just started the game, then it worked.

If you already tried this sorry for your effords.

You sure u checked the rihgt folder? Since there are 2 DayZ folders, one on the normal steampath, the other one ist located in C:\Users\Nosch\AppData\Local\DayZ. The second one is the correct one here, I simply deleted the whole BE-Folder and just started the game, then it worked.

If you already tried this sorry for your effords.

Hi Nosch!

Yea I tried that, then tried deleting one and leaving other etc, over 3 - 4 days of trying to fix it......... I did find 1 experimental server I could stay on without being D/C'd after 15 minutes and that was UK-12 server, no sure if other servers run little differences compared to others?

I wouldnt mind so much if it took 3-5 mins to get the "no message received" as I could try and problem solve faster..... but trying 1 solution then testing it, then waiting 15 mins did eventually kill me mentally.

before this problem I had 23 game hours in DayZ (lol, yes pathetic) but now im 37 game hours in DayZ (14 hours problem solving)

cheers

Roger

THats crap, I feel with you man. I dont really know what this problem ist, but I know that alot of ppl have it. I thought its probably something with battleeye, but it might also be a router problem or anything else. Hard to fix it really when dont know where to start. Hope there will be fix coming for u fast buddy!

Nosch

Hi all!

Little update about my experiences the last few days,

Since 0.50 patch rolled out to stable, my experimental server of choice seems to have gone offline, so I started hunting for a stable server with my fingers and toes crossed that I would find another.

Tried a fair few with success, it seems for me fragnet hosted servers are fine with me, and anything gamingdeluxe hosted would give me the 15 minutes of pain.

Only way for me to avoid the 15 minute "no message received" problem is to first bookmark/favourite the new server I have not tried before in DayZ server list,

then join that server with a stop watch, if success I will carry on having fun,

or if it fails with 15 minutes of agony, I just get back to server list and delete the bookmarked/favourited server, and then try again.

If anyone has had success/or fails with testing out certain hosted servers, it would be cool to get more information about this problem so we can try and make all servers connection friendly!

well back to my DayZ hunt for the day for:

some more food to travel with

more ammunition for my longhorn pistol

creating a fishing rod

get a cooking pot or pan

maybe some summer hunter trousers with the 6 slot pockets

some binoculars

would like a crossbow again, but shame you cannot retrieve bolts from dead bodies :(

cheers

Roger

nope... started doing it again for some wierd reason, I think it may be to do with my house mate or my brother logging onto router as it was perfect earlier :(

cheers

Roger

Hi all!

Little update again...

I cannot determine for sure if what I done fixed this, but until the problem happens again I cannot test this solution out.

went to start menu and Run: msconfig, unticked battleye in services tab, then click apply (windows 7 64bit)

deleted all traces of battleye including user/appdata/local/dayz client.

shutdown pc properly and start back up (dont click restart) I have a habit of snoozing my PC or just restarting it

start windows back up and verify dayz cache files in steam to aquire battleye files again.

give it a run :)

I have kept to a select 3 servers to test btw, different names and hosts etc, I have not tested gamingdeluxe servers again yet though.

(EDIT: I have tested gamingdeluxe servers and everything seems to be working perfect!, also tested many more servers!) bring on the hardcore long hour sessions! :D :thumbsup:

cheers

Roger

Edited by Roger_Shrubz

Well well well....

It happened again, but all I did this time was just shut down my pc and started it back up, then loaded DayZ, and it works again! :D

I did not delete Battleye client this time, just a plain old shut down and switch pc back on, so that was pretty relieving!

If anyone else has success it would be nice for them to post, so maybe I can definitley mark this thread as solved?

cheers

Roger