Sign in to follow this  
Widget (DayZ)

Lock server on start for 1-2 minutes

Servers should be locked in first minute. Lot of people join server immediately because...they really have to be 10 second earlier...in this process they usually got their characters reseted, because server was still loading up. This makes them angry etc. So why not block server till it is fully loaded? It could be simple solution like lock for 1-2 minutes. Easy and effective solution and no more character resets or at least slightly reduced.

I have tried to build a workaround using BEC, but BEC has a delay after server restart so such task is not possible. Maybe it is posibble in mission layer or something?

• Like 1

Not 100% sure on this, but I don't think the server starts all its processes/functions until at least 1 player joins. Was like that in the mod, the 1st player in let it load and hit ready....then the mission started...all players after that didn't have to go through the ready up screen. It may work sort of the same way in SA except that screen has been removed....maybe even the reason for the char resets if its putting the toon in before all the server side stuff is active :)

Edited by Karmaterror

Not 100% sure on this, but I don't think the server starts all its processes/functions until at least 1 player joins. Was like that in the mod, the 1st player in let it load and hit ready....then the mission started...all players after that didn't have to go through the ready up screen. It may work sort of the same way in SA except that screen has been removed....maybe even the reason for the char resets if its putting the toon in before all the server side stuff is active :)

Yes, you are right. I talked to hosting support, he said same thing. I also thought about puting one virtual player at start so it will load mission (as a temporary walkaround).