Sign in to follow this  
therandomredstone

The Biggest Word To The Wise

Learn This NOW.....

Most of you already know this. But if you are new to dayz then READ CAREFULLY:

If you are just starting out in the apocalyptic wasteland, no doubt you've day dreamed about teaming up with someone and fighting to the end. That is possible, however you will die more times in DayZ than you can count, before that right person comes along.. DayZ is a dangerous game. when people see you most likely they think "loot" or "wants my loot" either way will end up in them trying to kill you. and half of the time they will succeed. Even if a player says friendly and assures you they are. I bet money they are thinking "when will this fu**er turn around?" so they can hit you in the back of the head, and take what they need to survive. 99% of people will lie to their selves when they see another person and think that I found the right guy" or "aww he wont kill me or try to" but you will ALWAYS be wrong. even if a player has broken legs and you mend him, he will try to kill you. Unless they truly feel, "I owe this guy" which still in the end they might think "he's gonna try something" or "why am I wasting my time with this bozo?" 

You probably already learned this the hard way, but if you haven't... Take Heed....

Now.... Tell us the first time YOU learned YOUR lesson never to trust others IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW! :thumbsup:  :beans: 

• Like 1

I've never been killed by someone I've helped.  Never help someone alone. Never turn your back. Never give them a weapon. Never help someone alone.  

If I had to give two words of advice that'll change anyone's DayZ experience, they'd be "Hush." and "Observe."

• Like 3

Playing Dayz is kind of like dating. You go into it with a positive attitude and good intentions and you usually leave bitter, jaded, handcuffed and at the mercy of a sadist. But if you ever want to find that special someone that makes all the struggles worthwhile you must continue to trust people, knowing that it could very well lead to your demise. For when you finally find that person who won't break your heart (or legs) you will feel that all the failures of the past were not in vain.

• Like 7

I've never been killed by someone I've helped.  Never help someone alone. Never turn your back. Never give them a weapon. Never help someone alone.  

If I had to give two words of advice that'll change anyone's DayZ experience, they'd be "Hush." and "Observe."

"Shoot" and "first" :P

When I started my dayz trader career, the frist guy I met and traded with was indeed going to kill me.

But because I saved his life many times and gave him lots of stuff in the time period where he was planning to kill me, he instead joined my TS and is now deathly loyal to me.

Its all about if they come into your TS or not.

I've only been betrayed by someone I've helped once, although then again I rarely help people, I usually just try to move them along as soon as I can. But stooory time:

So me and 2 of my pals met up, yada yada yada, we were wandering in a town, heard some guy yell out (Broken leg/arm) and we came over to help. This guy was getting beaten the shit out of by like 5 zombies, so me and my friends tell him to run, and we'll take care of the zeds. So, we did so, bandaged him up, offered him food, water, etc. We talked for a good 5-10 minutes, when he finished eating and stuff and asked if he was ready to go on his way, he said yeah, and charged at me with his fists raised. I simply stepped over and swung my fireaxe (This was back in the early days when you could hit anything by swinging wildly as long as you're outside, inside... not so much) and he dropped where he stood. We took his goodies incase he woke up and tossed them into the woods, and went on our way. Basically, Me:100+ Hostile:0 ;)

Story time over, hope you children enjoyed ;)

But yeah, as said earlier, don't help people when you're alone, and never turn your back to them, ever.

Good luck and keep warm! :D

When I started my dayz trader career, the frist guy I met and traded with was indeed going to kill me.

But because I saved his life many times and gave him lots of stuff in the time period where he was planning to kill me, he instead joined my TS and is now deathly loyal to me.

Its all about if they come into your TS or not.

Yeah, the moment they join your TS, or if you add them to Skype or whatever chat thing you use, you're usually golden. If they killed you then, you could track em down and bitch at them :P

Oh ye of little faith....

Never give in to KoS and let's make DayZ something other than a death match FPS game.

Thank you.

• Like 1

nice story there lad

and well some dude was asking me for bandages on dayz mod

i gave him some

he killed me and took the rest

Once in a city I met these two guys. I was like "Heyyy I'm friendly." And the other guy was like "Hey bro how's it going?". Then he's like "Do you need any help?" and I said "No I'm good, thanks anyway." Then he's like "Hey do you have a spare bandage?" I said "Yeah, here" and handed it to him. We walked into a building, and then he starts handcuffing me. I was like "Wait why are you handcuffing me?" And he was like "I just don't want you to kill me" and I'm like "Well I'm unarmed, I can't exactly kill you" and he was like "Well I just don't want you to hit me." I'm like "Oookay then". Then suddenly he takes his axe off his back, walks up, and chops me in the head with it. I died, and I hear him saying to his friend, "There, that's how you kill someone, buddy. Go ahead and hit him a few times". I was dead, so I don't know why he was saying that. Then I hear him saying "Nice job".

Lesson learned to never corner myself with someone I've only known for a minute.

I've only been betrayed by someone I've helped once, although then again I rarely help people, I usually just try to move them along as soon as I can. But stooory time:

So me and 2 of my pals met up, yada yada yada, we were wandering in a town, heard some guy yell out (Broken leg/arm) and we came over to help. This guy was getting beaten the shit out of by like 5 zombies, so me and my friends tell him to run, and we'll take care of the zeds. So, we did so, bandaged him up, offered him food, water, etc. We talked for a good 5-10 minutes, when he finished eating and stuff and asked if he was ready to go on his way, he said yeah, and charged at me with his fists raised. I simply stepped over and swung my fireaxe (This was back in the early days when you could hit anything by swinging wildly as long as you're outside, inside... not so much) and he dropped where he stood. We took his goodies incase he woke up and tossed them into the woods, and went on our way. Basically, Me:100+ Hostile:0 ;)

Story time over, hope you children enjoyed ;)

But yeah, as said earlier, don't help people when you're alone, and never turn your back to them, ever.

Good luck and keep warm! :D

Nice sorry, this just proves that most people in DayZ only care about their survival, if they have broken legs and you heal them, they will take it a step further to insure their survival and attempt to kill you for your loot. But thanks for sharing! my steam account is    therandomredstone     you should friend me and we could talk more! you seem cool.

Once in a city I met these two guys. I was like "Heyyy I'm friendly." And the other guy was like "Hey bro how's it going?". Then he's like "Do you need any help?" and I said "No I'm good, thanks anyway." Then he's like "Hey do you have a spare bandage?" I said "Yeah, here" and handed it to him. We walked into a building, and then he starts handcuffing me. I was like "Wait why are you handcuffing me?" And he was like "I just don't want you to kill me" and I'm like "Well I'm unarmed, I can't exactly kill you" and he was like "Well I just don't want you to hit me." I'm like "Oookay then". Then suddenly he takes his axe off his back, walks up, and chops me in the head with it. I died, and I hear him saying to his friend, "There, that's how you kill someone, buddy. Go ahead and hit him a few times". I was dead, so I don't know why he was saying that. Then I hear him saying "Nice job".

Lesson learned to never corner myself with someone I've only known for a minute.

Your exactly right, no matter how nice someone sounds, you never trust them, if he said "you got bandages" I would of said "for what purpose?" if I felt he was lying or his excuse was dumb id be like "come here" id turn a corner, flank him and hed never see me again. that actually happened once, when I lost the guys I heard him say "damn hes gone" I was glad I got out of there and trusted my gut!

Nice sorry, this just proves that most people in DayZ only care about their survival, if they have broken legs and you heal them, they will take it a step further to insure their survival and attempt to kill you for your loot. But thanks for sharing! my steam account is    therandomredstone     you should friend me and we could talk more! you seem cool.

See, that's what I don't understand about this guy, I don't think it was about survival, more just to challenge himself. Their was a good 3 of us in total all with guns and axes and the whole 9 yards right? And one of him, with fists. Theirs no way he could take us all down (Without taking in consideration of other outside factors), leading me to believe what I stated earlier, it wasn't about survival, it was about testing his skill.

nice story there lad

and well some dude was asking me for bandages on dayz mod

i gave him some

he killed me and took the rest

like I said to Kirby12352 id ask "for what reason" if I didn't like their response I would've lost them. but if they said "I'm bleeding" (and they were id give them a rag or bandage) or if they said "I'm cold I have to make a fire" id give them rags, make sure they knew how to make a fire and tell them where they should build it so they don't get ambushed. Staying wary and not trusting others and being ready to kill at a moments notice is important, but depending on the situation being nice never hurts.

I've been backstabbed once. Met a bambi, offered to help him find gear, got him some clothes and food, but the minute he picked up the splitting axe I found, he came after me like a maniac. I ended up shooting him in the legs, taking his axe and leaving him behind with a broken leg. He asked me to kill him but I felt like being a cold son of a bitch, so I just took off.

I've been backstabbed once. Met a bambi, offered to help him find gear, got him some clothes and food, but the minute he picked up the splitting axe I found, he came after me like a maniac. I ended up shooting him in the legs, taking his axe and leaving him behind with a broken leg. He asked me to kill him but I felt like being a cold son of a bitch, so I just took off.

I would of done the same. Because if someone like you offers to help the bambi get clothes and gear. And the bambi ends up turning on you. Punishment Is necessary!

Cheers and Don't lose your beans! ;)  :lol:  :beans:  :thumbsup:

Well I happened to ind a guy crawling near devils castle (heard shots while up the top, saw zeds running and follow their trail to the tree line where there's a guy crawling, so I figure he has broken legs)

I manage to creep up on him as I know where he is and he hadn't gotten far when I found him

I got him to put away his m4 and gave him some morphine

The moment he had healed himself he looked at me and drew his rifle, I fired as I saw it raise and we knocked each other out

When I came too, I took his gun, saline bagged him, and woke him up

He wouldn't say anything just put his hands up, I shot him in the leg and left him there with no ammo

He begged me to leave him some morphine and his weapon and I said I'll leave it in the castle tower as I wanted to punish his douchbag move

the last thing I saw of him was frantically crawling to the tower (which was about 400m)

PS: I left no morphine there and dumped his weapon in the woods, and the ammo later on

No need to learn the lesson of OP because it is wrong. You actually can trust some people. That is in fact one of the lessons DayZ taught me.

I was playing one time on a hardcore night time server, I was at NEAF in the ATC on the roof. When I climbed down the stairs there was a guy standing there both of us raised our hands at the same time and started laughing over open comms. Still have him on Steam, looted a lot of places with him since but not so much recently.

once, i had walked down from the hills after looting the nWAF and ended up at three valleys. I encountered a player under attack by zombies. i killed the zombies for him and patched him up. i dropped a can of beans on the ground for him and he looked up at me, raised his fists...and promptly lowered them again. he said "hanks man!" and went on his merry way. Only once have i had an encounter like this.

The other times I have been punched, shot, stabbed, and whacked just for offering to help.

So yeah, OP is right. never trust anyone you've just met.

You can stay alive while helping people you just have to be extra cautious and like nettles said , never turn your back on them never help someone alone (unless you're lone wolfing) and never give the "trusted stranger" a weapon ! It's not as impossible as many like to believe !!

I died a couple nights ago during a skirmish and found myself a new spawn just outside Elektro. Sadly I'd recently changed computer and hadn't got round to setting a default character so I spawned as a blonde girl. I ran to the road to double check where I was and instantly came across a house, beside the road that had a fire lit and two geared players inside. I ducked to avoid them but it was too late, they'd seen me. One of them came out and invited me in with his thick eastern European accent, and said they had food etc. I had nothing to lose so I thought I'd see how this was going to play out, they fed me, and explained what foods were best and started giving advice on how best to loot etc. I thought to myself, maybe these guys are actually ok, and mean well. They show me the fire, and tell me what button to press to sit down (I'm playing along with being a new player to the game). So I sit myself down, and within a couple seconds they've got cuffs on me. From there it pretty much turned into the first half of "I spit on your grave".