Sign in to follow this  
Akmus

Change AK-101 to AK-108

Hello everyone,

I have a small proposition. In game we have 3  variant’s of AK: AKM, AK-101, AK-74 and they look’s very similar (especially AK-101 and AK-74 with plastic attachments). AK-108 uses the same ammunition and magazines like AK-101 but looks much different (long gas “tube” above the barrel). Change AK-101 to AK-108 would increase the weapon variety and would allow change weapon parameters (long gas tube reduces recoil compared to AK-74). It would not be hard to remodel AK-101 game model.

What do you think about this proposition?

PS. Sorry for my poor English.

ak108.jpg

Edited by Akmus
  • Like 2

I like this idea, your english is not to bad either. Beans.

you people sometimes are amazing... After they just finish ak-101 please just change it for something else...

Why not if they have time to make an ak-108 and keep the ak-101.

• Like 1

About AK107/108 :

[...] it appears that no significant orders were ever received by the IzhMash factory.

...so this weapon is not even use by Russian, and you wish to get it in Chernarus for the shake of weapon variety ?

- No.

About AK107/108 :

...so this weapon is not even use by Russian, and you wish to get it in Chernarus for the shake of weapon variety ?

- No.

To be fair in ARMA 2 the AK-107 was the Russian service rifle. But they would have to redo the model.

Honestly...why is there no AK-47? its the most common and most produced weapon in the world.

Honestly...why is there no AK-47? its the most common and most produced weapon in the world.

AKM and variants are the most common.

• Like 6

no regular army uses the original AK-47. They use AKM's or the AKMS. Now the Kalashnikov/Saiga action is the most commonly produced platform.

Because it's not.

The AKM is the most common (along with the Chinese Type 56). Original AK-47s were still produced in fairly large numbers, just not to the extent of the AKM, because the AKM was far cheaper. Original AK-47s are still found around today, but typically you see AKMs or one of the many foreign copies, not actual AK-47s.

400px-AK-47_type_II_Part_DM-ST-89-01131.

450px-AKMRifle.jpg

(Top: AK-47 | Bottom: AKM, in game)

What would be the point of adding in the AK-47 anyway? It's functionally identical to the AKM and nearly identical in appearance. The only real reason to add it would be for variety, but it's the most pointless kind of variety because it is hardly even noticeably different to a gun already ingame.

Granted, at this point I don't think there's any reason to keep the AK-101 (magazine is just a re-textured AK-74 mag), but at least the AK-101 and AK-74 use two separate calibers.

If they want another 7.62x39mm AK-looking AR (which they don't at all need), then they could probably do the SA Vz. 58

400px-800px-Sa_58-JH01.jpg

At least this looks considerably different and functions separately. (It's not even an AK variant at all)

Still, the only other actual AK rifle I really care for is the AN-94

400px-An94-1.jpg

Otherwise I think we've got a pretty well fleshed out AK system.

surprised this topic has not got more attention in all honesty.

Instead of swaping the 101 with the 108, how about just adding the 108. The more the merrier......regardless though...we all know that the Kalashnikov was made all over warsaw, and beyond. So there are so many veriations of them we could sit here all day posting, post after post. Its really kind of insane, how many were made.

Edited by CJFlint

I want refer to comments.

you people sometimes are amazing... After they just finish ak-101 please just change it for something else...

Why not if they have time to make an ak-108 and keep the ak-101.

This isn't proposition like “Throw AK-101 for trash and give me another weapon”. ;)

I suggest only cosmetic change model on the basis of the existing AK-101. This is only adding long gas tube and change rifle name from AK-101 to AK-108. Not much work and we profit greater visual variety between AK-74 and AK-101/AK-108. Ammunition, attachments, magazines, loot tabel remain unchanged.

About AK107/108 :

- No.

Regarding realistic aspects I’m fully agree with you, but please note the following aspects:

1) The game takes place in the near future in fictional country.

2) Bohemia was used one time AK-107 in Chernarus (ARMA II) and did not see this as a problem.

3) AK-101 and AK-74 in appearance differ only in magazines. By the proposed change we can gain greater visual variety.

Thanks for replies and best regards for all :)

I want refer to comments.

This isn't proposition like “Throw AK-101 for trash and give me another weapon”. ;)

I suggest only cosmetic change model on the basis of the existing AK-101. This is only adding long gas tube and change rifle name from AK-101 to AK-108. Not much work and we profit greater visual variety between AK-74 and AK-101/AK-108. Ammunition, attachments, magazines, loot tabel remain unchanged.

Regarding realistic aspects I’m fully agree with you, but please note the following aspects:

1) The game takes place in the near future in fictional country.

2) Bohemia was used one time AK-107 in Chernarus (ARMA II) and did not see this as a problem.

3) AK-101 and AK-74 in appearance differ only in magazines. By the proposed change we can gain greater visual variety.

Thanks for replies and best regards for all :)

Or they could just add the AK-108 in addition to the AK-101 (assuming they give it the correct magazine)

Regardless, AKs are good for now.

Honestly there are so many variations of the Kalashnikov and so many dif countries’s that produce them, that really this itself could lead into an endless debate. A huge can of worms that kind of doesn’t need to be opened yet. I think the devs should do, is exactly what they did. They picked 2 Kalashnikovs one 7.62 and one 5.56, this covers a wide spectrum. The 2 rifles they selected cover a wide spectrum of what aks are, and I think were a wise choice by the devs. Basically in the real world most Kalashnikovs come in 7.62 and 5.56 mostly...not all mostly though. Do we really need to nitpick even more? Hell they even added a shortened one. Of course there is the saga...not including that in this debate. And let’s be clear the game is somewhat realistic, but let’s be honest....it’s not 100% accurate. So what difference does it really make if they add more of them right now, that are off on realism anyways. So really do we want to nitpick right now? I say maybe later down the roads, when the game is released add more on then.

If you read the wiki, and read the hit points and specs on each weapon. It’s a pretty dumbed down rep of reality for gamers. When I read through all the specs on stuff, they LOSELY based it on reality and works well for a video game standpoint. This is not a dis, they made realistic in areas to make it work in a moderately realistic setting. I can tell. My thoughts about dayz changed when I went through the wiki. I went from expected 100% realism, to being just happy with a system that runs smoothly, have a decent amount of content. Because it’s just not 100% realistic, it has just has system that gives someone who doesn’t have allot of knowledge about fire arms ect it does. So I know longer brow beat about how 100% realistic it is...it never will be...its not ment to be. But for what it is, it dam well works. That’s the important thing. So let’s not get too hung up on the really fine details, you find yourself disappointed.

Edited by CJFlint

I'd honestly prefer if they added the VZ .58

Since Chernarus is based on Czech, and it's been in one of the ArmA games.

And dat stock color.

Edited by Geckofrog7