Sign in to follow this  
Draco122

Wasps, Insects and other Insectoid goodness

Just something I've never really come across in DayZ is the topic of Insects. Insects as a whole is an interesting niche, especially the context of disease and survival. For example, alot of Survival books do say that in an emergency, certain insects make great sources of food, high in protien and such. A good example often taught by survival experts are Ants, specifically the eggs. While only small (you'd need alot to stay nourished) it's something that could quench hunger in an emergency.

Insects could also become a more varied option for fishing bait, maggots, caterpillars, beetles etc are such things that could be used.

Then it bought me onto the idea of "hostile" or "pest" based insects that would harm the player in someway, for example Wasps, Hornets and Bee's. With all of these abandonded houses you'd think they'd be ripe with pests such as these or even just hanging in some tree. I thought what if you investigated a random house, then kept hearing this "buzzing" noise, eventually you'd get stung out of now where and realise theirs a wasps nest in the corner of the room. They can be destroyed, at the risk of running a swarm (which will kill you if you stay in there for too long) and you can salvage the nest for food or even fishing bait.

Bee's would be the best source for this as they'd provide food and survival items, while Wasps and even Hornets provide only a survival bonus in fishing bait. Hornets are even more dangerous than wasps, because their sting is even more potent.

It even brings on other insects such as mosquitoes and flees or other dieseae carrying bugs and even introducing items which repel insect bites or treat them.

• Like 3

I like it. If they manage to get it right it could be a nice addition to the game. And it'd be nice to get some honey, which never spoils. Apocalypse food level 100!

read my mind again sir beans. poisonous snakes and spiders would be cool so would swarm of insect bees and locusts for the crops. though I have to say they need to give us a way to hook a water hose to the water pump cause I'm KOSing beehives.

FINALLY! I can flashbang and CS gas a house full.of wasps without getting arrested again!

XD

Maybe flashbangs in a room could kill them as well, or stun them.

Hell, wasps as a base building mechanic. LIVE IN THE NEST! Kidding, but say.flashbang a nest, and put it on the porch of your base, and your real entrance is hidden. Someone tries to break in, wasps to the face. Nice idea man.