Sign in to follow this  
Draco122

Basic Hygiene

Something that i think will go great in the mod and also go well with the disease mechanic is basic hygiene. This being wearing gloves while using dirty (or diseased) items or handling raw food and washing your hands and face (of blood or mud). Just the basic's really, nothing too extreme like a full body wash or even going so far as to keep basic dental health like that.

Like for example, when ever they implement looting of Zombies they should make it very possible to contract a disease when even just checking the Zombie Inventory but in a way that if you eat anything or perform something in terms of treating wounds without first washing your hands or wearing disposable gloves you run the risk of catching said disease.

Edited by Draco122
  • Like 4

I do hope this will be in.  Most survival guides recommend keeping up with hygiene, making soap from animal fat leftover from cooking and firepit ashes.  Or even taking 'air baths' if water is not readily available.

that would be awesome IMHO hygiene should be integrated in some form or another though honestly my toon would look like a bum like he has nothing yet has valuables per hidden in his dirty ass coat. hygiene could actually become a tactic as well. I would also like to see the medical aspect start to come together they have a lot of little glimmers in the game now I think once its said and done games going to be really great and our time will be spent taking care of a lot more aspects of our toon then just loading magazines with ammo and fueling the truck. we will actually have to survive and long term survival might actually become very hard.

As long as I don't have to brush my teeth 3 times a day to avoid dying from gingivitis, I'm game.

• Like 1

But... they killed Tooth Decay... they got him, right? He can't hurt us anymore... right?

As long as it didn't turn into an annoying "Darn, it's been 5 minutes, gotta brush my teeth again" type thing, it could be an interesting feature.

• Like 1

As long as it didn't turn into an annoying "Darn, it's been 5 minutes, gotta brush my teeth again" type thing, it could be an interesting feature.

My hands are getting dirty.

My hands are filthy.

Yeah I can see how that'd get annoying, timing is everything.  I would think it should be one of those 'invisible' things.  Bathing once a day/play session sounds like a good idea for overall hygiene, skipping a day or so shouldn't matter much.  Doing things like cleaning your hands after handling/looting a body should be good to help reduce infection chances.

My hands are filthy.

Yeah I can see how that'd get annoying, timing is everything.  I would think it should be one of those 'invisible' things.  Bathing once a day/play session sounds like a good idea for overall hygiene, skipping a day or so shouldn't matter much.  Doing things like cleaning your hands after handling/looting a body should be good to help reduce infection chances.

As well as gutting an animal corpse, wearing gloves should allow you to further reduce chances of infection without the need to wash afterwards

• Like 1

Protective equipment like gloves should help against that.  Would be nice if disposables were added to hospitals, grab a box, loot some zombies/bodies, remove your gloves, wash your hands anyway.  Put some gloves on before gutting a deer, less chance of cross contamination as well as befouling the food.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm not 100% sure about the glove idea tbh. It certainly is interesting, but I'm not sure it would make Gameplay any more fun. I'll have to think about that more before saying yay or nay.

On the other side of things. I'm 90% sure the devs areplanning on adding a more robust disease system. Including common diseases. I know of stuff like, if you have a disease and you get killed, and then the guy who killed you picks up your shirt and wears it, he has a chance of getting the disease too. I'm not 100% clear on what causes them int he first place though. I would think stuff like hygiene and medicine is going to go along with that.

Edited by snwh