Sign in to follow this  
Captagear (DayZ)

Removed.

Whilst alot of folks have gone over similar suggestions in different capacities, I appreciate the depth in your post.  

Desolate

This is a major theme which DayZ has the potential to blow the gaming community away with, but currently delivers short. This is the theme that really manipulates the player’s feelings, this is what makes the player walk away from an experience and be moved. When I play this game alone I want to be able to roam the landscape and feel effected from the general aesthetics of the game, allow me to elaborate. DayZ is set in post-apolitical world where zombies wander looking for their next meal, this is not a world of joy, and this is not a world of wonder but rather that of survival, sadness, and emptiness. The game world needs to feel like it was once inhabited by humans that had families and jobs. I need to be able to roam the streets and trace their day-to-day life, where did they sleep, and what did they do, how, why?

Allow me to make some suggestions, a lot of the homes in the game don’t actually look like somewhere someone once lived. The housing which is towards cites need to be slightly different to those far-away on farms. The Farmland in the game seems to be a bunch of fields with a few houses here and there. The human element is lacking in this game. Questions need to be asked like, which farm houses owned which fields, and which tractor belonged to which farmer? This world must look and feel like somewhere someone once lived. Make me feel sad that no one lives there anymore, at the moment is just feels like a bunch of buildings to find stuff in so I can go kill some zombies. Besides the housing, other elements really finish it off – like, add more dead corpses, and nooses with skeletons, and maybe places where a father killed his infected family and buried them. The Dev team need to tell their story to allow us to tell ours.

I really enjoyed the above suggestion, you sir have earned a can on me :beans: .

Regards,

Steak.

I Agree with Steak Nice depth And Yes Agree with your Points entirely :thumbsup: :beans:

Edited by NokyoOkami

I agree with your sentiments. DayZ should always be about tweaking your emotions first and foremost. When I first played the mod it got to me in a way that other games haven't - that's what I'd love to see it as the main draw card.