pissedoff88

Persistant Storage

One quick simple Question about persistance:

As of current, if I go on a server with persistance enabled and drop my rifle in a bush in the forest will it remain there indefinately after several restarts, days, etc.?

If this is the case, storing items in a tent would be really foolish compaired to storing them just on the ground somewhere ...

two words... item decay. your rifle will stay there till the environment ruins it at which point it will disappear. the tent will prevent this decay.

The tent doesn't 

two words... item decay. your rifle will stay there till the environment ruins it at which point it will disappear. the tent will prevent this decay.

The tent doesn't prevent anything, literally, it speeds up the process to destroy items!

Anyway, I dropped 2 AKMs to the floor at Sunday and on Friday they were still there, persistence works for backpacks (some items in backpacks will get deleted) mags stay on the floor, weapons stay on the floor.

Tents are bugged, don't use them.

One quick simple Question about persistance:

As of current, if I go on a server with persistance enabled and drop my rifle in a bush in the forest will it remain there indefinately after several restarts, days, etc.?

If this is the case, storing items in a tent would be really foolish compaired to storing them just on the ground somewhere ...

A few threads for you to read!

Control + F 'lifetime' on this thread:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/206644-devblog-status-report-week-of-04-august-14/

My experiene with persistence:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/211900-which-items-are-persistent/?p=2123975

Additional info:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/212239-persistence-enabled-vs-persistence-disabled-opting-inout/

Edited by Weyland Yutani

I can't seem to figure out this persistence stuff. I have tried several servers and I find that some times my stuff is there but a few items are missing and other times everything is gone. It would be great if we could get an official answer on this. 

It would be great if we could get an official answer on this. 

Unofficial answer:

Persistence isn't working properly yet: dropping stuff is a risk.

Experiment with it after the new patch arrives, and take it from there. (Or wait for others to test it out and read about their results here before risking your gear!)

• Like 1

Cool thank you for the info.

Since I placed my tent, the server it was on has not been up. Crashed it maybe, with keeping the guns in it, Mosin, SkS, and some bullets for each, also a change of clothes (nothing in pockets).  I was able to stick food and Books in it  and no issues(testing it out), but as soon as I put in some fire power for later use...

Have not seen the official generic name  pers. on server in a week or more. W T F