Sign in to follow this  
MacLaSoul

Low FPS on a very good computer?

Well I just bought the game the other day, played it for about 30 minutes until I died. Problem is I only get about 10-18FPS and when I reach a town or get attack by a zombie it drops to 2-8FPS. I've tried adjusting the settings multiple times to no prevail. Can anyone help me with this? All the relating posts and videos I found just talk about "not having a good enough computer" but that's not the case here considering I have a gaming pc and usually run all my games on ultra.

I'd really like to get this working so that I actually play the game. Please and thank you.

• Like 1

The game is fairly unoptimised to begin with and will preform differently on every setup even if it is good spec. Do you mind telling us your specs?

If it continues, try to unistall and re-download, might just be a bad install. 

Edited by One1_ManArmy

played DayZ on a 765m and got fairly bad fps. you may have to wait until it is further optimized. 

Tips? 

Turn down object detail and shadows, turn off PP and AA

Yeah, I've already tried that didn't do anything. Does the developer make updates fairly often to address common issues like these?

Yeah, I've already tried that didn't do anything. Does the developer make updates fairly often to address common issues like these?

Updates aren't quick but they don't take ages either. They often address many things at once and over time it will get better and better. Give it a few months and you will be pulling decent FPS with specs like that. 

There is one thing you could try. Open up NVIDIA control panel>manage 3D settings>scroll down to virtual reality pre rendered frames>change it from let pplication choose to 1.

I managed to get an extra of about 5fps on my 770, you might notice a bigger difference in yours. 

Updates aren't quick but they don't take ages either. They often address many things at once and over time it will get better and better. Give it a few months and you will be pulling decent FPS with specs like that. 

There is one thing you could try. Open up NVIDIA control panel>manage 3D settings>scroll down to virtual reality pre rendered frames>change it from let pplication choose to 1.

I managed to get an extra of about 5fps on my 770, you might notice a bigger difference in yours. 

Sounds good. I just reinstalled the game to see if it may fix the problem. But I'll give that a try too and let you know.

Also laptops seem to benefit a lot from running razer cortex. in addition i would double check that both my rendering resolution and my display resolution were running native.

OH! and i forgot i had to force my 765m for some reason it was running of the intel when i played naturally. http://superuser.com/questions/484962/how-to-force-my-laptop-to-use-the-discrete-gpu

I can only imagine the 755m being a crap card. 

'X50' models are usually terrible.

Edited by Borges

hello !

i play dayz on a 3 years old laptop with a GTX570M. the game run at 70 FPS in the wild and 20-40 in big towns. to get thoses "performances", i set everything to very low, i lower the view distance and view objects and i force the game to use all my CPU power.

the game loot pretty bad this way, but it runs very smoothly.

Here's a problem: "1TB 5400 RPM"

Slow HDD that probably has a small L1/L2 cache. As ArmA loves to stream textures from your HDD, this is going to hurt your frame.

Edited by Terminal Boy