Jeramy

WARNING Don't log out while climbing a ladder!

Just a warning for people so they don't meet the same fate as me... i logged out on a ladder and when i logged back in the next day i had apparently died.

this might be a known bug, i don't know. just thought i would warn you guys. although maybe someone shot me right after i logged out... i am going to test it when i get off work.

Great first post to the forums right there, lol.

Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

well, Im not dead, but my situation is not better...
I wanted to see if the new military base (in this exp branch) is still there - yes it is - and if there is something new/different.
So I climed the ladder in the underground area directly behind the jail. I was at top of the ladder - server crash/restart...
I logged me in, see my char fallen...not dead - healthy, geared! But, I can get out, the ladder is too far away :D

8k6gjiyj.jpg

well, Im not dead, but my situation is not better...

I wanted to see if the new military base (in this exp branch) is still there - yes it is - and if there is something new/different.

So I climed the ladder in the underground area directly behind the jail. I was at top of the ladder - server crash/restart...

I logged me in, see my char fallen...not dead - healthy, geared! But, I can get out, the ladder is too far away :D

8k6gjiyj.jpg

That's the new trap. You have to die now.

Well, when you log out, your character perform some movements like sitting or squatting. Of course that wouldn't work on a ladder. Also, you wouldn't try to go to sleep (I know it's not the same as logging out) on a vertical ladder in real life. Spawning under a house is another case, but it seems to be a known bug, when joining after a buddy over the steam overlay.

Was it the ladder that killed you though or the fact that you were completely exposed, attached to the side of a building for 30 seconds while your character logs out or the fact that when you log out you stand up no matter what position you are in and fell off? No one will ever know but it's one of those.

Anyone killed an idle dude on a ladder lately?

why logs out on a ladder?!

hiHq99A.jpg

Edited by DMentMan
  • Like 1

Also "My feet hurt". >:(

Never log out on a ladder, or upstairs, or really in any building at all. Log out in cover, in the woods, and even then only after waiting a minute or two to see if anything has spotted you and is coming to kill you during those 30 secs.

Do you guys even take server carshes and restarts into account? Sometimes you have no choice but to log out on a ladder simply because you were there at the wrong time.

But otherwise yes: Logging out on a ladder is like saying "Lets take a rest here - I am sure my grip will stay tight when I fall asleep.".

I've had a server restart sitting up on the crane just outside berenzio and when I logged back in I plummeted to the ground, halfway down I saw the crane render in. 

If you think you'll die when you join back to the game because you were climbing a ladder (logging off / server crash / server restart) then go to feedback.dayzgame.com and ask the Dev team to get you out of there.

Edited by Yazar8