Sign in to follow this  
danielstuart14

Textures in seasons

Everybody knows that the DayZ Team is working in the seasons. (And it will be amazing)
But, here's my suggestion:

Instead of only the enviroment changes (Snow, rain, temp, etc), the textures could change too.
So, when was fall, grass textures could be red, and trees could be without leave... In spring, the grass could be VERY green, and trees could be with fruit and berrys. And so on...

Povrly (Elektro in real life) in fall:
FZ02FOu.jpg

Edited by daniel.stuart14

Everybody knows that the DayZ Team is working in the seasons. (And it will be amazing)

But, here's my suggestion:

Instead of only the enviroment changes (Snow, rain, temp, etc), the textures could change too.

So, when was fall, grass textures could be red, and trees could be without leave... In spring, the grass could be VERY green, and trees could be with fruit and berrys. And so on...

Agree about Textures and I Hope that they are adding  As well, Imagine they will Since Snow and Green Fields Dont Mix

Though No Fruit/Berries Would Be anywhere in Spring Since Spring is when things are Budding

Apples are a LateSummer/Fall Fruit And Berries Should be through Summer and Fall

Edited by NokyoOkami

They could implement the seasons with adding a 'season shader' to the grass and trees: colouring (changing hue) them from spring green, to dark green, to brows and yellows. For winter they would need to replace the tree and bush textures for leafless ones, and adding snow to pine trees, rocks, roofs, roads, land. During winter grass is off. Rivers and ponds freeze over. Winter forest sounds (mostly quiet) And people and animals leave long tracks...