Sign in to follow this  
sketch814

Nerf Hypothermia

If i'm wearing hunter pants and a heavy jacket, why should I be freezing to death? I get that you're suppose to make a fire and all, but having a jacket should hold you over for a longer period of time so you can find matches or something to get kindling with. I Today, I have died in military clothing due to hypothermia. I have also died today in a down jacket. Please, just nerf hypothermia. I'm not against it, I like the feature but it should not kill you in 20 minutes while you're wearing a down coat.

Oh and in case you were wondering, my clothing wasn't ruined or damaged.

• Like 1

I have to agree. It seems that the down jacket is the only clothing item that does anything to stave off hypothermia. Hoodies and other light jackets should at least stop you from getting colder, rather than warming you up.

But alpha. Hypothermia wasn't introduced very long ago. Is due some tweaks.

• Like 1

By chance, was it raining? Or was any of your gear wet? If they were then you need to dry out by a fire or get some new/spare gear. Being cold and wet in these builds can be lethal if you don't stop and take care of your gear.

some servers will freeze you to death way faster than others.  change servers and build a fire.

I think that it is the same thing that for the shoes mechanic on experimental at the moment. Tests.

They set the weather for december to see if people can survive in the harshest weather... Seems some people can and others die and it is good because not everybody can survive the winter. Now after doing this test, they said they set the weather to september on experimental and it is much easier to survive.

Next patch should be easier.

Instead of simply nerfing hypothermia they should add more layers of clothing (e.g. shirt below jacket, differenbt types of underwear) and give non-topwear items some more impact - right now a T-Shirt gives you ore protection as military pants. There should be higher values on pants/gloves/headwear/boots etc.

Also overall weather should get warmer and colder during the seasons which should be synched between servers of the same hive/shard - you should not be able to switch from a server where it is summer to a server where it is winter or vice versa (so you can pick your general clothes according to season). In winter its probably okay if you have to warm up from time to time despite wearing very warm clothing but in summer wearing anyhing like that would cause overheating pretty quickly (which would also mean many of the "top tier" clothes might be unsuitable for warm weather).

I dont have good luck with hunter pants... i dont think they have a heat value right now.

No real data to back that up... just my general feeling.

Edited by umm_me

According to this table everything that isn't topwear has only very little effect on increasing your heat comfort. And my experiences ingame seem to confirm that it mainly boils down to choosing the right jacket.

You should be able to wear multiple layers, like you wouldn't take off your t shirt to put on a down jacket, you'd put it on over the tshirt

Yes I freeze to death many times when its raining but, our asses are saved by the most important thing in .50 exp update 4...... The HEATPACK. Its back and saves me and other people with hypothermia. If you have problems with cold exp branches heat pack will save the day