Sign in to follow this  
harteman

Taping your gear down to prevent noise

Just like in real life, we should be able to have the option to use duct tape to better secure our gear, and prevent it from rattling around as we run about.

Actually, sound should be better incorporated to account for this very thing.  When we toss on a vest, pick up a melee weapon, or throw on a backpack, we should have the option the dampen the noises we make, via tape.  We do this to everything in the military.

If we don't, we should be louder when moving about.  Buttstocks hitting D-rings, etc., and those noises need to be audible to other players in the area.

Another good use for duct tape, if you ask me.

• Like 10

If THAT was implemented, There would be no more ductape ever Q_Q

Very nice suggestion!

actually my brother does this for airsoft operations :D

Had a question while were talking about less noise , Do differant shoes make your footsteps less noisy ?   Like will running sneakers make you be quieter than stomping around in huge boots ?  Or is it all the same.

Had a question while were talking about less noise , Do differant shoes make your footsteps less noisy ?   Like will running sneakers make you be quieter than stomping around in huge boots ?  Or is it all the same.

I think its all the same. But thats absolutely  something to look at.

Just like in real life, we should be able to have the option to use duct tape to better secure our gear, and prevent it from rattling around as we run about.

Actually, sound should be better incorporated to account for this very thing.  When we toss on a vest, pick up a melee weapon, or throw on a backpack, we should have the option the dampen the noises we make, via tape.  We do this to everything in the military.

If we don't, we should be louder when moving about.  Buttstocks hitting D-rings, etc., and those noises need to be audible to other players in the area.

Another good use for duct tape, if you ask me.

Signed! This should be added

We did this in the service. It works, it was all something you had to do before patrols. Still yet to see this added to a video game. I think this could apply.

So I think it should be one more option. One more tool in the tool box you can use to give your self a slight edge on other players by being stealthy.

Edited by CJFlint

Love it, an interesting way to earn a tactical advantage