doomdude1

Get it off your chest!

Get_c405db_1272309.jpg

SO, LADS AND LASSIES, TIME FOR A YELLING/CONFESSION THREAD (haven't seen one in a while)

I'll start: 

- I hop 3-5 servers to get decent gear before I go and interact with players

- I'm contemplating shooting every single person I see to get some good practice with weapons before the beta

• Like 1

I confess that the only thing I have ever actually reported to the dev team, was a spelling error.

• Like 11

I HATE SOCK MONKEYS AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!

Supposed to be DayZ SA related.

Here's a funny video to make you feel better:

MnEavlE.gif

I think most players are full of it.  I played the game you know.  You aren't all friendly.  Matter of fact, most people are hostile to the point of KOS.  Rationalization knows no bounds in this game.

Hell, I am likely to kill you on sight, and I might be the most friendly in my group.

Well I am at it, I'll confess to this as well...  I loot.  I loot A LOT.  I loot for myself as well as my group.  I gather dozens of AK's pistols and shotguns, a hundred magazines, thousands of rounds of ammo, backpacks filled with food, you name it, and if it is useful, I store it.  I store it under pine trees in persistent servers.  Not one server, either.  MANY servers.  I have lists, one for each spot in the map that I use to stash things, with multiple servers listed per spot.  I could arm, feed, and clothe 20 men easily.  Persistent servers go down often, so I stay ahead of the game by branching out across multiple servers.

I also camp military barracks.  It is where I get most of my loot.  Off players corpses.  I am a spider, the barracks my web, and you are my tasty treat, bringing me all the work you have put into your life so far, so I may feast, after I kill.

I refer to players not in my group as loot berries.

• Like 1

Well I am at it, I'll confess to this as well...  I loot.  I loot A LOT.  I loot for myself as well as my group.  I gather dozens of AK's pistols and shotguns, a hundred magazines, thousands of rounds of ammo, backpacks filled with food, you name it, and if it is useful, I store it.  I store it under pine trees in persistent servers.  Not one server, either.  MANY servers.  I have lists, one for each spot in the map that I use to stash things, with multiple servers listed per spot.  I could arm, feed, and clothe 20 men easily.  Persistent servers go down often, so I stay ahead of the game by branching out across multiple servers.

I know what you mean, I use a similar, perhaps more dastardly tactic. If I ever feel endangered (in general) while looting, I'll sabotage anything I can't pick up. If I find clips for weapons I don't have, I'll unload them and hide them in corners. All weapons go in hard to reach places and hidden holes. All food is eaten, all valuable items either taken or hidden. The worst part is that I play alone, so this scorched earth tactic only hurts players. But, nobody said survival was supposed to be fair.

• Like 2

I regularly follow fresh spawns to see what they do and how they go about their business.

I rarely help, just watch form afar. Often they get brutally taken down by geared players/ bandits but I never avenge them, I just sit back and watch it all. Like how your not meant to interfere with nature and only be an observer.

Edited by One1_ManArmy
  • Like 2

I know what you mean, I use a similar, perhaps more dastardly tactic. If I ever feel endangered (in general) while looting, I'll sabotage anything I can't pick up. If I find clips for weapons I don't have, I'll unload them and hide them in corners. All weapons go in hard to reach places and hidden holes. All food is eaten, all valuable items either taken or hidden. The worst part is that I play alone, so this scorched earth tactic only hurts players. But, nobody said survival was supposed to be fair.

My friends and I use similar tactics.  If we can't pick a weapon up and take it with, we toss it in the woods.  In a game about survival, making it harder for others to kill you is ace in my books.

I also pick up everything useful in sight, and when i am filled to the brim, I ditch the majority in the woods, for nobody to have.

For those of you who truly enjoy the survival aspect, you are welcome.

• Like 1

Jesus you guys are ruthless!!! Haha I need to change my style and be more aggressive

With the new loot spawning economy this will only make more loot spawn, so please by all means keep on doing it.

I GET YELLED OUT FOR NOT USING MULTIQUOTE!!!!!

I also camp military barracks.  It is where I get most of my loot.  Off players corpses.  I am a spider, the barracks my web, and you are my tasty treat, bringing me all the work you have put into your life so far, so I may feast, after I kill.

Except it has to be quicker to just run in there and grab the stuff. You can clear a barracks in a minute but you'll wait a lot longer for a player to show up and you increase the risk of being spotted.

Well, while we're at it, I'm mostly friendly, but I love sniping (former CS AWP clan player in 1.6), and I didn't like it in the beginning that it is way harder to snipe than in COD, CS, BF etc., so I had to get some practice.

Well, I killed at least 50 people that never knew what happened to them and most of them probably didn't hear the shot either :P

(In my defence, not one full Bambi, I only kill Bambies when they try to unleash their evil fists of fury)

I guess I'm sorry? :rolleyes: :P

With the new loot spawning economy this will only make more loot spawn, so please by all means keep on doing it.

I will, until it is not effective.  Then I stop.  Right now it is effective, and has been for some time.

I HAVE ONLY EVER KILLED 1 PERSON IN ALL MY TIME PLAYING DAYZ I HAD AN AK, HE KILLED ME TOO WITH A HATCHET.

EDIT: Does it count if it's in the mod?

Edited by 5mirkeh
  • Like 1

Except it has to be quicker to just run in there and grab the stuff. You can clear a barracks in a minute but you'll wait a lot longer for a player to show up and you increase the risk of being spotted.

No, you see, I catch server hoppers with this all the time.  Guys who have been to the barracks ten times in a row on different servers.  Then they come to the one I am in, and I kill them.  It is like I went server hopping myself, spending all that time, but I didn't.  I killed that guy instead, and took all his hard work.  Far more satisfying than going and doing all those server hops myself.  I'm not killing guys who have no gear (I do that too, don't get me wrong), I'm killing fully-geared, dual AK wielding, backpack incepting guys.  Often.

Protip:  I do this in newly restarted servers.  Thats when they come, and come they do.

I confess I enjoy killing players like DoomDude1 :D

No, you see, I catch server hoppers with this all the time.  Guys who have been to the barracks ten times in a row on different servers.  Then they come to the one I am in, and I kill them.  It is like I went server hopping myself, spending all that time, but I didn't.  I killed that guy instead, and took all his hard work.  Far more satisfying than going and doing all those server hops myself.  I'm not killing guys who have no gear (I do that too, don't get me wrong), I'm killing fully-geared, dual AK wielding, backpack incepting guys.  Often.

Protip:  I do this in newly restarted servers.  Thats when they come, and come they do.

LMAO and I know what you mean and I really hate server hoppers so this is just hilarious. I might just play the game and do this all day now.

I'll have to do this sometimes. What's a good place to get started, for a server-hopper-hunter noob?

P.S. I used to do this all the time in WarZ.

lolololol, they think they're smart.

Well, while we're at it, I'm mostly friendly, but I love sniping (former CS AWP clan player in 1.6), and I didn't like it in the beginning that it is way harder to snipe than in COD, CS, BF etc., so I had to get some practice.

Well, I killed at least 50 people that never knew what happened to them and most of them probably didn't hear the shot either :P

(In my defence, not one full Bambi, I only kill Bambies when they try to unleash their evil fists of fury)

I guess I'm sorry? :rolleyes: :P

Awww dude....AWP?  Lameeeeeee