Lt. Aldo Raine

DayZ: No Bow Sway

I personally love archery and believe if the box away was gone that it would make for a much better weapon. Nobody who can hold a 7 pound AK up for ours at a time and sways with a box. It's unrealistic.

It does seem like a bow should have much less sway then an assault rifle.

You logic seems to be reversed - instead of (unrealistically) removing the sway on the bow there should be some (realistic) drawback to holding up the assault rifle.

Also realistically the bow should have much less base sway (being lighter) but sway should increase drastically if held ready to fire.

• Like 2

if you remember the original thief game I think they should do it sort of like that. you draw the bow and if you hold it too long he would groan and it would start to sway and then eventually he would shoot not being able to hold it any longer. but at when you first draw there should be no sway hell the thing is a pain to craft and I heard its not very damaging I actually wanted to use it as my main weapon but against the other weapons I think I would be a fish in a barrel with it so I use other weapons maybe they will adjust some things or add a compound bow or an medieval style long bow time will tell.

Bows in Real Life (Recurves Like in Game) Are realy Dificult to Hold Back and thus actualy Pretty Hard to Aim, one of the Reasons Compound Bows are Nice is they remove the need for all your Strength to be directed into holding back the String (Once you have Pulled it it is Very easy to Hold Back) but on a Re-curve You Are Fighting the Bow the Whole time

i would say my SKS Feels Far easier to Hold and be Accurate with than a Bow is from my Experiance with Both

Most games Give you the Archer Masters Drawn and Aim (But same with Sniper rifles lol)

anyway I think Realistically A Re-curve Bow is Quite Difficult to Hold Back and Aim Never Mind when your New and Still Trying to Figure out how to Hold the Arrow
You Can Get Very Good with a Bow With time, But Guns also Get easier to Bare/Use with Time

Guns Succeeded the Bow For reasons though, Bows aren't Superior or More Accurate

Regardless i am Not against Bows, i Like them But Giving them an unrealistic Advantage i Feel is Silly to Do Just because they are a Bow and People want them To go toe-to-toe with Guns

Edited by NokyoOkami

Bows in Real Life (Recurves Like in Game) Are realy Dificult to Hold Back and thus actualy Pretty Hard to Aim, one of the Reasons Compound Bows are Nice is they remove the need for all your Strength to be directed into holding back the String (Once you have Pulled it it is Very easy to Hold Back) but on a Re-curve You Are Fighting the Bow the Whole time

i would say my SKS Feels Far easier to Hold and be Accurate with than a Bow is from my Experiance with Both

Most games Give you the Archer Masters Drawn and Aim (But same with Sniper rifles lol)

anyway I think Realistically A Re-curve Bow is Quite Difficult to Hold Back and Aim Never Mind when your New and Still Trying to Figure out how to Hold the Arrow

You Can Get Very Good with a Bow With time, But Guns also Get easier to Bare/Use with Time

Guns Succeeded the Bow For reasons though, Bows aren't Superior or More Accurate

Regardless i am Not against Bows, i Like them But Giving them an unrealistic Advantage i Feel is Silly to Do Just because they are a Bow and People want them To go toe-to-toe with Guns

In a real situation yes guns over the vast area of a place such as Chernarus wouldn't be the most difficult to find, but bows wouldn't be either and especially with all of the hunting supplies in game bows would spawn in as well. If they guns became harder to acquire bows would definitely be a more obvious choice because you can craft them easily and make the arrows for them easily as well. I have a 45 pound draw on a recurve bow and it's not the hardest to hold back unless it's for more than 15 seconds. And obviously a gun is superior due to it's ability to spread fire over a longer range and with less effort I will not deny a guy is a far more superior weapon. But with the unrealistic sway of the bow and the drop distance being tremendous from 40 yards away makes it no competition. I can deal with the arrow drop because that's a more realistic feature but the hard right swims just seem too far fetched especially for the ingame character who is depicted as an adult male in healthy shape. He would easily be able to hold the bow still and over time the character (if the feature was added) would continue to get better.

In a real situation yes guns over the vast area of a place such as Chernarus wouldn't be the most difficult to find, but bows wouldn't be either and especially with all of the hunting supplies in game bows would spawn in as well. If they guns became harder to acquire bows would definitely be a more obvious choice because you can craft them easily and make the arrows for them easily as well. I have a 45 pound draw on a recurve bow and it's not the hardest to hold back unless it's for more than 15 seconds. And obviously a gun is superior due to it's ability to spread fire over a longer range and with less effort I will not deny a guy is a far more superior weapon. But with the unrealistic sway of the bow and the drop distance being tremendous from 40 yards away makes it no competition. I can deal with the arrow drop because that's a more realistic feature but the hard right swims just seem too far fetched especially for the ingame character who is depicted as an adult male in healthy shape. He would easily be able to hold the bow still and over time the character (if the feature was added) would continue to get better.

(or adult Female)

I wasn't Saying they should be hard to Find And Yes i Agree with Finding More Bows, Deffinatly some Hunting Bows ^_^

All i was Saying is i think Drawing them Should Provide some shakiness (for re-curves at Least) or else it Just unrealistic (and it Becomes Like those Stupid Bows in Games Like Crisis were it is Used by run&Gun'ers with its one shot killing with top Accuracy arrows)

it should be a resort to weapon due to arrows Being reusable and Silent as its Advantages

But Arguably i Beleive the Current Bows Range is accurate for a Piece of Branch with a Full Rope as its String (that thing would Suck) xD

Add Some Bows that are Real Bows and Give them Good range and Accuracy But Dont Forget Re-curves Should Have a Disadvantage to Compound Bows

And they Should Be inaccurate the Longer you Hold them Back i think

Edited by NokyoOkami