Sign in to follow this  
Grundlesmuggler

Move after tossing Grenades

Anyone have any tips? Seems like if you throw it you stand still.  It's been suggested that I shouldn't have my fists up when throwing but, if using the fire primary button you always bring your fists up.  I tried throwing with my "throw" key after pulling the pin, but no explosion went off.  

Did you perhaps pull the grenade of someone you shot? Might have been ruined...

And hey, you might've clicked wrong and not pulled it after all

This is currently an issue with throwing any item, as far as I know. You throw it, but your posture seems to be tied to the animation of the thing it is that you've thrown away and you won't be able to move until after the object lands and is still.

At least, I think that's the issue.

You can test it. Take something in your hands and throw it right at your feet. You can move almost immediately after throwing it. 

• Like 1

This is currently an issue with throwing any item, as far as I know. You throw it, but your posture seems to be tied to the animation of the thing it is that you've thrown away and you won't be able to move until after the object lands and is still.

At least, I think that's the issue.

You can test it. Take something in your hands and throw it right at your feet. You can move almost immediately after throwing it. 

*takes something into my hands and throws it on the floor*

*relizes it's a flashbang moments before it detonates*

The flash and bang attracts a bandit group and kills me when I am stunned

There goes my AKM and a hunter backpack full of beans Q_Q

Did you perhaps pull the grenade of someone you shot? Might have been ruined...

And hey, you might've clicked wrong and not pulled it after all

The one I used was badly damaged.  So It might have failed.  But the others I used before I did that test with my throw button both did explode and neither time I was able to move until about 3 ish seconds after the explosion.

You get locked into a throwing animation, whether they'll change that and allow you to throw while moving I dunno.  Arma doesn't allow you to throw while moving, so it might be a conscious design decision.

It would kinda be nice to be able to move while throwing so you could throw around a corner and pop back into cover.  Though I think there's a little bit of something to be said with being careful about these sorts of decisions, or the game can become faster paced/more twitchy, something we already see with some of the changes from the mod in other areas.  Some sort of middle ground would be ideal, where it feels less clunky but still keeps things in a similar pace.

Yeah, never have your hands raised when you execute the throwing motion.

I've never had any issue with badly damaged grenades, they've all been working perfectly