jjhill001

Admins: Why?

I was just on a server and the admin kicked me and killed me as I loaded out. My question is, why do server admins even have the ability to kick people. If its a hacker they'll just come back, the world is too large to really ruin someone's role play experience. The only thing that an admin can use his powers for is his own advantage. This really ruined a night for me as I don't have time to regear and go play with my friends who took 45 minutes to make it to me in the first place and I have to work tomorrow.

The IP of the server was 198.27.69.90:2602 just so people know to avoid it.

You paid for the server. You should be able to kick/ban as much as your heart could want. 

I don't have time to regear and go play with my friends who took 45 minutes to make it to me in the first place and I have to work tomorrow.

If you server hop because you "don't have time to regear" I will find you and I will stab your ankle with a shiskabob stick

• Like 1

You paid for the server. You should be able to kick/ban as much as your heart could want. 

I'd agree with that if it was a private shard/server, but currently they are not, and are against server rules, and if caught they can lose their server without a refund.

Back on topic, it's suppose to be so admins can kick abusive players (hackers, spammers, out and out dickheads), which is difficult considering the limited tools they have to identify players.  If what you say is true then you've gotten an asshole that pays real money to dominate people in an ALPHA of a game, either they want the server as their own private loot farm, or some other reason which is unimportant.

• Like 2

I was just on a server and the admin kicked me and killed me as I loaded out. My question is, why do server admins even have the ability to kick people. If its a hacker they'll just come back, the world is too large to really ruin someone's role play experience. The only thing that an admin can use his powers for is his own advantage. This really ruined a night for me as I don't have time to regear and go play with my friends who took 45 minutes to make it to me in the first place and I have to work tomorrow.

The IP of the server was 198.27.69.90:2602 just so people know to avoid it.

Chances are, the admin didn't kill you. Also:

Where to to send your server reports:

Multiplay:            support@multiplay.co.uk

Vilayer:               abuse@vilayer.com

Fragnet:              abuse@fragnet.net or submit a ticket to their abuse department

GamingDeluxe:  admin@gamingdeluxe.co.uk

Gameservers:    support@gameservers.com

If you don't know which GSP the offending server is rented from, just send the report to all of them and they'll sort it out themselves.

* Remember to include the IP and port numbers, the server name is not enough*

You find these numbers by highlighting the server in the server browser, then selecting 'Detail' at the lower right. If you can't remember which server you were playing on, you can find it under the 'History' tab.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

You may not perform the following actions on your server :

• Restart server to farm loot 
  • Restart server to protect your character integrity after dying 
  • Kick/Ban players without just cause
  • Lock / Password the server

Also Rags,

Stick around. You might learn something yourself. 

Edited by Beck
  • Like 1

You may not perform the following actions on your server :

• Restart server to farm loot 
  • Restart server to protect your character integrity after dying 
  • Kick/Ban players without just cause
  • Lock / Password the server

"Should" was the verbiage used. Pay attention. I know the rules, but I don't have to agree with them.

"Should" was the verbiage used. Pay attention. I know the rules, but I don't have to agree with them.

Oh tru, my bad. But I would have to disagree. If server admins had permission to kick for no reason on official hive servers it would effect everyone's gameplay. It would become pay-to-win(pay for a server to win).

Oh tru, my bad. But I would have to disagree. If server admins had permission to kick for no reason on official hive servers it would effect everyone's gameplay. It would become pay-to-win(pay for a server to win).

I can definitely see the reasoning there, and it's a solid line of thought. At this point in time, though, I think that the fear of hackers is more of an issue for a server administrator trying to keep a community complacent than the community worrying about a couple people doing with one server what they could do by server hopping normally. 

I used to own a server in Garry's Mod, and was the founder of a pretty sizeable community or over a hundred and thirty members based around it, so from the perspective of an admin or an owner, I don't think that the ability to kick "without reason" is something that should be against the rules in an objective and exact sense. 

Lots of times, these things have a way of sorting themselves out on their own. Myself and a group of players I play DayZ with were always perplexed at the awfully convenient server restarts of the Hardcore -ZaP- servers, so I stopped playing on them. 

But there will come a day when the issue of Pay-to-Win MUST be addressed and things will have to be done about it. Because while I don't consider it a real issue now, I am absolutely sure that soon it will become a huge problem. 

• Like 1

If you encounter an abusive admin or server, please do not post it here on the forums. We cannot do anything with these reports. It is not productive and does not expedite action taken against these servers. Please report them to the GSPs directly following the pinned Guidelines.

Edited by Max Planck